Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    With all the emphasis the media put into the "revenge" factor that Minnet, Domino, & O'Brien had against NDSU, there are probably just as many players that were snubbed by UNI.

Did some research and listed are players that see the field a good amount that lived within 3 hours of UNI.

SR WR Glen Fox - Fairfax, IA (1 hr southeast)
    JR PK Peter Reifenrath - Decorah, IA (2 hrs northeast)
    SO LB Dirk Kool - Fairfield, IA (3 hrs south)
    SO LB Erich Feller - Charles City, IA (1 hr south)
    FR LB Ross Shafrath - Hampton, IA (1.5 hrs northwest)

Let's hope that Fox gets a couple TD's, Reifenrath kicks 4 FG's, and the other three make a bunch of special teams tackles!
    I sure hope we don't have to read a story this week about "Panther leftovers".

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I sure hope we don't have to read a story this week about "Panther leftovers".
      I would, that would mean we won the game!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        I would, that would mean we won the game!!!
        Im with this guy ^^^^ Ill take a article with that title every week if we keep winning
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Here's a link to an article in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
          http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/col...cf1173da7.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
            I understand that Crawford's goal is to be back for the 10/31 game against Youngstown. I also understand that Jake Steffen's knee is feeling a lot better than Crawford's. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field Saturday.
            Don't know what Crawfords goal was but I heard that both Crawford and Steffen were cleared today to play. Now that does not mean that they will play but apparently healthy enough to play if needed?

GBGBGJ

Comment

I am growing increasingly concerned about Coughlin playing surface. I was a little pleased with how it held up last weekend against NDSU.

However, they are forecasting two days of showers in the Brookings area for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Plus the local high school - Bobcats play Yankton on Thursday night. I also noticed the lights on at CA tonight while driving by on the 14 bypass. So, went to check it out thinking the Jacks were practicing? Nooooooooo, instead they had the Brookings area youth football teams playing games on the already broken down surface. Must have been 100 kids or more at different times. Not only from Brookings but Volga, Madison etc.

Just how much &%^$#@ sense does that make? I am all for helping kids but letting them play games on CA field the week before argueably the biggest game the Jacks have played in years come Saturday. It kind of made me mad.

GBGBGJ

Comment

one hundred little kids playing on the field? geez it would take what, five kids to equal the weight of one offensive lineman or d lineman, plus their little feetsies are not even half the size of a linemans feet. probably there to pack down the field and spread the mud around a little. kidding only kidding.

Comment

I like the fact that the Marker Game wasn't a all out brawl. SDSU didn't have to leave it all hang out there and shouldn't have a hang over. Could be a very exiting game!

Comment

The Jack's focus should be winning the conference first. They can only do that by winning out. The playoffs should be a afterthought at the moment.
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                      The playoffs should be a afterthought at the moment.
                      I'm with Jimmie. We still have 5 of the toughest games of the season. Let's get UNI first and worry about the playoffs later. Macomb and Youngstown are not easy trips and we all know about the other three games.

The Jacks need to be 1-0 this week and I think as fans we need to take the same attitude into Hobo Day.

Crap, it's Monday night and I can already tell I am going to have an unproductive week at work 'cause I am so excited about the game on Sat.

Comment

Alright, I think we all know that the goal is 1-0 for each and every WEEK...

SoDakJack had a question about how the system works, as FCS fans we need to know how the FCS system works. How about one of the mods move the question and answers to a different topic (probably where it could of been the in first place, but that's okay). There I didn't even mention the p word.

My wife already won one bet with a coworker, an NDSU alum, now she needs to take down her office mate, an UNI alum. She doesn't want to bring treats in for her department.
                        Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                          Don't know what Crawfords goal was but I heard that both Crawford and Steffen were cleared today to play. Now that does not mean that they will play but apparently healthy enough to play if needed?

GBGBGJ
                          Your info is more recent than mine. Good to have them both back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                            I am growing increasingly concerned about Coughlin playing surface. I was a little pleased with how it held up last weekend against NDSU.

However, they are forecasting two days of showers in the Brookings area for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Plus the local high school - Bobcats play Yankton on Thursday night. I also noticed the lights on at CA tonight while driving by on the 14 bypass. So, went to check it out thinking the Jacks were practicing? Nooooooooo, instead they had the Brookings area youth football teams playing games on the already broken down surface. Must have been 100 kids or more at different times. Not only from Brookings but Volga, Madison etc.

Just how much &%^$#@ sense does that make? I am all for helping kids but letting them play games on CA field the week before argueably the biggest game the Jacks have played in years come Saturday. It kind of made me mad.

GBGBGJ
                            I hear ya, but I think the more torn up the field is...ADVANTAGE JACKS!

...and yes, I do remember the Wisconsin-Lacrosse fiasco.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If we get a lead, hang on to it & get stingy on defense.It worked out alright for SFC against North Dakota.Mix the run & pass, also, mix up the running plays,find a weakness that you can exploit.Don't become predictable, don't get yourself in obvious 3rd & long passing situations, which means getting good first down yardage, gives you more options to run or pass, keep them guessing on defense.Hang on to the ball.Throw mostly short safe passes,mix in a few long balls to get some room to maneuver.i like the growing confidence the team is exhibiting, I really feel the team is much , much better than earlier in the year, good enough to beat the panthers on our own turff on Hobo day.Go Jacks!!!Oh ya, almost forgot the most important thing, home field advantage , make lots of noise & keep the guy's adrenaline level high,if you can't get excited in a big game like this,you never will.1-0 ....Go Jacks!Remember, 10 yards divided by 3 downs is only a little over 3 yards a carry,which seems simple to do, but if they know you're gonna run, they snuff the run for no gain, then it's 10 devided by 2= 5yards you have to make,harder now, they play for another run or short pass,incomplete, sack ,2yard gain ,whatever,now it,s 8 or 10 yards or whatever for a first,dreaded obvious passing situation.You get the picture, that's why i've alway's felt that first & second downs are the most critical to making first downs & moving the chains.You should go for the deep td pass at least once every game, if for nothing else but to try & keep them tight about when you're gonna do it.Great offenses keep the defense guessing all the time & when they guess wrong , you burn them on a big gainer.After awhile they get flustered & discouraged, which makes it all that much esier. Wow, guess i'm really rattling off way more than i originaly intended to...sorry GBGBGJ!!!!
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-20-2009, 01:06 AM.

Comment

While I hate to see a beat up field, I would hope that this team that has aspirations to win a conference title and makes the playoffs can deal with it. If we can't, then they are not the team that they thought they were. With our running game and the importance of the slant in our passing game I would think that it would work to our advantage.

I hope that I am not out of line mentioning the possibility of a conference championship and the playoffs. I know how that forward thinking got some flustered in here earlier.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X