Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
    Man, this is gonna suck, trying to win at Brookings, outside, sh*tty weather.

Initially, I'm sayin' the Jacks drub the Cats by 7 or more.

A little reverse-jinx. I like it.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Actually, a 10-1 Jackrabbit team is a lock for the playoffs. A 9-2 Jackrabbit team (with the only loss being at the U of M) is a lock for the playoffs.

Anything less is . . . less. Let's not settle for lower goals than we should have at this point of the season. The Jackrabbits "control their own destiny" entirely at this point. Let's not give that advantage away and have to depend on tiebreakers--or selection committees.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Actually, a 10-1 Jackrabbit team is a lock for the playoffs. A 9-2 Jackrabbit team (with the only loss being at the U of M) is a lock for the playoffs.

Anything less is . . . less. Let's not settle for lower goals than we should have at this point of the season. The Jackrabbits "control their own destiny" entirely at this point. Let's not give that advantage away and have to depend on tiebreakers--or selection committees.
        A 10-1 or possibly a 9-2 Jacks team would also likely be hosting a first round playoff game!

Comment

Not predicting anything...just a general question.

When it comes to the playoffs are games awarded by record or are they bidded games?
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Southern Illinois's defense and speical teams were the difference in the UNI - SIU game. Jacks defense and special teams is just as good in my humble opinion and seems like the Jacks special teams always make big plays in big games. I see a punt or kickoff return for a TD in this game and I like the Jacks 24-20.

Comment

Filbert and Jacks-02 both hit the nail on the head! This team has the ability to not only make it to the playoffs but make a run and hosting a game or two would be a huge advantage. To do that we need to win them all except Minnesota. Imagine a Georgia Southern in Brooking in December.

We have a darn good football team and I actually like the fact that we haven't played a complete game yet. They are very balanced and no serious flaws. When we put it all together it is going to be impressive. We may just peak at the right time!

No better time to do it than on Hobo Day against UNI and in front of a huge crowd!

I'm looking forward to this game as much as any in recent memory!

GB, GB, GJ!
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I like our chances against UNI as I feel we have more mudders on the team.

Comment

I agree that 9-2, at the minimum, should be the goal for the regular season. Part of being a good team is expecting to win and figuring out ways to prevail in close games. I think the Jacks players have mastered that. (A couple of bitter losses in 2008 and maybe even this year's Cal Poly game probably helped.) We fans are still learning and are too willing to settle. SDSU can and should beat UNI. I'm guessing that the Jacks players are feeling pretty good about UNI game.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I think back to AJ's comment about not wanting to share . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      I think back to AJ's comment about not wanting to share . . .
                      See below!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I posted this before but I'll check again.

Has anyone seen any photos of the 09 SDSU team hoisting the marker. I would have assumed it would have been the photo used on GoJacks or the argus or somewhere but have yet to see a pic of yet.

Comment

I we can't beat one of the two UNI or SIU at home and of course WIU and Youngstown on the road than we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. As a fan I don't expect to beat Minnesota, but I'm sure the players and coaches do just like USF believed they could beat UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

When it comes to the playoffs are games awarded by record or are they bidded games?
                            Im fairly sure they are bidded and I also think that the average home attendance has a lot to do with it as well, so get your butts to the games! I think if we're averaging 13,500 a game it would be hard for the commitee to over look that attendance for a first round game.

Pertaing to the playoffs, as some person said on AGS, in a power conference a "signature" win isn't that much of a factor. We're not in the Great West, MEAC, or the Patriout Leage, so we don't need the big OCC win necisarrily to make the playoffs at 8-3. The only way that would come into play is if it came down to us and a CAA team for the bid. Then we definately want that second big win, but if thats the case then there is no discussion at all, we'd be in. BUT I personally expect us to play well and make it so that discussion doesn't have to happen. Let the Panthers worry about that. GO JACKS
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
                              Man, this is gonna suck, trying to win at Brookings, outside, sh*tty weather.

Initially, I'm sayin' the Jacks drub the Cats by 7 or more.

You dirty sandbagger I don't see us "drubbing" UNI at all unless UNI comes out flatter than a pancake.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

The top 4 teams are seeded 1-4 and they get home field as long as they are the higher seed. The rest are bidded, so it comes down to who's in that's not seeded (stadium cap and attendance), geography (they try to keep travel costs down), and the first round you can not play someone from your confrence.
                                Go State! Go State!

Comment

Working...
                                X