Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ndsu gdt

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    The "dumbing down" of the offense was disappointing.
    It was frustrating but me thinks Stig knew what he was doing...no need to show all of our cards when we knew who had the best hand after the flop (sorry for the poker reference)
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Have been home about an hour...reading through the gdt and other threads.

It was a satisfying win. I'll say this about the Bison: I thought their band did a great job. (I'm serious, their band was good. Our Pride was a little better but the Gold Star Band puts nearly all other bands to shame.)

The Bison fans I saw tailgating were good people. A little bit of good-natured ribbing was exchange but for the most part, the Bison hung with other Bison and the Jackrabbits hung with other Jackrabbits. I estimate the Bison brought about 3,000 fans to the game, including their band. They were pretty quiet much of the game.

Mertens is not as bad as portrayed on Bisonville. When he decides to run, it's a little scarey. Bison obviously need a kicker.
      I don't think there was any where near 3000 Bison fans at the game...I would say more like 1500. Realize the whole east side seats about 3000 fans, and I would say that about half of the east side was Bison fans.

And I don't know if the Bison necessarily need a new kicker, but their kicker definitely needs a new fitness program - he's hefty.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        I don't think there was any where near 3000 Bison fans at the game...I would say more like 1500.
        No, No...you're way off. Had to be at least 10,000 Bizun at the game, because they 'take over' CAS every year they come. Crap, my bad....not a smack thread.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Congrats Jacks on a huge win. You now control your own destiny. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Congrats Jacks on a huge win. You now control your own destiny. Good luck
            Yes...but the toughest part of the schedule looms straight ahead. We'll soon see if we belong this year. Thanks for the well wishes...

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Yes...but the toughest part of the schedule looms straight ahead. We'll soon see if we belong this year. Thanks for the well wishes...
              I honestly didn't believe at the beginning of the season that you do belong, but now am convinced you do. What a great opportunity.

Comment

jackrabbit1979 is correct. The Buy-zun in the stands numbered about 1500 for most of the game. Most of them left during the fourth quarter.

Comment

I have read elsewhere that the hefty extra-point attempter was a fill-in for Bibeau. Bibeau didn't make the trip to Brookings due to a mid-week injury of some sort. I failed to get a program at the game so didn't look up the kicker's number etc.

Comment

I remember some early posts about how tough our schedule was in the first half of the season as well. Georgia Southern and NDSU to mention a couple. But, here we are 5-1 with supposed contenders coming to our house. Clearly NDSU was in the game vs UNI a week ago. And now SI goes to UNI and wins. I love our chances with both UNI and SI in Brookings. I worry just as much about Youngstown and Western on the road sandwiched around the Gophers.

It was a tough schedule from the get go. But the schedule is set up for the Jacks the season. We need to take advantage of it and keep winning.

GBGBGJ

Comment

No, No...you're way off. Had to be at least 10,000 Bizun at the game, because they 'take over' CAS every year they come. Crap, my bad....not a smack thread.
                      Clearly, there were eleventy-kabillion Bison fans in CAS, along with maybe two dozen SDSU fans.

I wasn't surprised that the coaches were conservative after TOB's near pick-6. The idea is to win the game by 1 or more, and we were up 8 during that stretch and playing field position.

Speaking of field position, how long was Priddy's punt that was killed at the 1? That was a great punt. Seemed like it would never come down.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Clearly, there were eleventy-kabillion Bison fans in CAS, along with maybe two dozen SDSU fans.

I wasn't surprised that the coaches were conservative after TOB's near pick-6. The idea is to win the game by 1 or more, and we were up 8 during that stretch and playing field position.

Speaking of field position, how long was Priddy's punt that was killed at the 1? That was a great punt. Seemed like it would never come down.
                        According to the game stats, Priddy's punt was 64 yards. I was going to say 65 but I forgot that you need to subtract one since it was downed on the one yard line. I noticed a real broad grin on Coach Stig face when that happened. He loves his special teams efforts and their impact on the game. I would say that punt nearly sealed the game, except we done some stupid things that got them to our 35. I wondering how those that got nailed for the unsportmanslike and personal foul penalties will be dealt with in practice. Laps perhaps?

Comment

Priddy's punt was perfect. One cannot improve on that one! He should be under consideration for special-team player of the week for his efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Priddy's punt was perfect. One cannot improve on that one! He should be under consideration for special-team player of the week for his efforts.
                            I love Priddy's hair cut. He does not have to worry about bangs blocking his down field vision. Great kid and yes he deserves special-teams player of the week for his efforts/

Comment

I can't wait to hear the excuses from Bison fans. Or maybe we won't hear from them at all. This year Coach Bohl was quoted as saying something like "They (SDSU) have not been battle tested." In the past they always had "better coaches, players, facilities." Well, they may have that, but we have a better TEAM! Great win. I love beating NDSU...at anything.

Comment

Completely disagree with Priddy for ST POW. He was way too slow in getting his punts off yesterday which eventually resulted in a block. I don't know if his feet were stuck in the mud or what. When the Jacks did not go for it on 4th and 1 at the Bison 43 and then took a penalty to get him some more room to work he kicked it to the 19, nice coffin corner.

Said it before, except for Montague who is going to break one for a TD yet this year, the ST yesterday were horrid.

Back to the offense standing on the brakes. Rollin was very active in the first quarter when TOB was in sync and driving the team down the field and then Rollin was barely ever in the game after that. TV has said Rollin and TOB have a good working relationship, get the guy some more game time! He somehow did get run down by a guy with the #70, though, obviously not blowing anyone away with his speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X