Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ndsu gdt

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
    In regards to Rollin and TOB's near interception- it loked to me like Rollin failed to make an adjustment to his route with the Bison bringing a heavy blitz. TOB talked to Rollin even before they got off the field. May have had a little to do with less Rollin after that - in addition to it seemed like we wanted the result of the game to be squarely on the defense. In the end we made the plays that were key to the game and the Bison failed to convert many of their potential game changing plays.
    I think that ball got tipped at the line of scrimmage as well. Whoever the WR in the slot was, he was WIDE OPEN on that play too. Oh well.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Two more observations from yesterday:

On a roll out that TOB completed for a short gain, Fox was ten yards farther down the field with about five steps on his guy. Definite touchdown.

The other observation was the class of Kyle Minnett. On his last touchdown run out of the "Flash" he showed emotion and kind of slammed the ball down in a sort of mini-spike. The next thing I notice is he is talking to one of the referees and get a pat on the helmet. I can only assume Kyle was apologizing to the ref for not getting the ball to him after the score. That was first time I had ever seen Kyle do anything but hand the ball to the ref after a touchdown.

Great day to be a Jackrabbit. Let's keep it rolling.

Comment

Rollin did the right thing by converting his route to a go, as the NDSU corner was rolled up in Cover 2. Thomas should have let her fly deep - coulda had 6.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          How? The only problem was the punt that was blocked.
          Short kickoffs with the wind including one that went out of bounds. Touching the punt that could have gotten them back in the game. The ST play was pretty even between the two teams, which isn't saying much.

Must improve to beat UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
            In regards to Rollin and TOB's near interception- it loked to me like Rollin failed to make an adjustment to his route with the Bison bringing a heavy blitz. TOB talked to Rollin even before they got off the field. May have had a little to do with less Rollin after that - in addition to it seemed like we wanted the result of the game to be squarely on the defense. In the end we made the plays that were key to the game and the Bison failed to convert many of their potential game changing plays.
            Good catch. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              Short kickoffs with the wind including one that went out of bounds. Touching the punt that could have gotten them back in the game. The ST play was pretty even between the two teams, which isn't saying much.

Must improve to beat UNI.
              I'm pretty sure some, if not all, of the short kickoffs were designed that way, aka recovery at Missouri State a week ago and near recovery on Saturday night against the Bison.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                On a roll out that TOB completed for a short gain, Fox was ten yards farther down the field with about five steps on his guy. Definite touchdown.
                Saw the same thing. Would have been a bigger nail in the coffin.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Not a real impressive win, but a good win. Bison definately had chances to be in this game....but what I've read elsewhere rang true tonight, they just don't have the ability to make the big play.

As for the Bison lady that questioned whether I felt CAS and the tailgaiting experience north of CAS felt D1 to me, because it sure felt "high school" to her....I think you better worry more about the state of your football program then our facilities.
                  Real, brief conversation I had with a catty woman in NDSU gear walking to the game from the muddy Back Yard.

NDSU Dame: You know, they make concrete. Why don't you guys use some?

Me: We're getting there. Why don't you just worry about winning a game one of these days.

Now, I won't start a chippy conversation like that, but I will respond when somebody takes a dig. And my comment ended our little talk quickly. I was pretty pleased with myself.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

My general two bits on the game. The defense was spectacular. Aside from the last drive of the first half when they were way too soft -- WAY TOO SOFT -- they played very well and won the game for us. Saturday, we were very effective when we blitzed. When we didn't, the Bison moved the ball. The offense started strong, but had too many three-and-outs. A big part of that was the result of very predictable play calling. For the second and third quarters, I wonder if we ever passed on first down. It worked Saturday, but I don't think it will fly against Northern Iowa. I don't know if the opening kickoff, which was short, was by design, but it backfired no matter how you look at it. Kick it deep. Deep, but not out of bounds. We have to be more aware on the punt we let them get back in NDSU territory, but it's a tough play. Learn from that. Again...the defense...they were spectacular. Good win, but no reason to get cocky. We should have had more points at halftime, given the field possession, etc.

The crowd...poor form. Many people left at halftime, when the game was close. Many students left early. Same with people in the yellow stands. It was pretty disappointing. It was getting cold, but not COLD. Tough it out, people. By the time the Marker was hoisted, more than half the fans were gone. And we should have been ROARING every time the defense came off the field after another big stop. They deserved it.

Would be interested in what Lakes Bison has to say.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      My general two bits on the game. The defense was spectacular. Aside from the last drive of the first half when they were way too soft -- WAY TOO SOFT -- they played very well and won the game for us. Saturday, we were very effective when we blitzed. When we didn't, the Bison moved the ball. The offense started strong, but had too many three-and-outs. A big part of that was the result of very predictable play calling. For the second and third quarters, I wonder if we ever passed on first down. It worked Saturday, but I don't think it will fly against Northern Iowa. I don't know if the opening kickoff, which was short, was by design, but it backfired no matter how you look at it. Kick it deep. Deep, but not out of bounds. We have to be more aware on the punt we let them get back in NDSU territory, but it's a tough play. Learn from that. Again...the defense...they were spectacular. Good win, but no reason to get cocky. We should have had more points at halftime, given the field possession, etc.

The crowd...poor form. Many people left at halftime, when the game was close. Many students left early. Same with people in the yellow stands. It was pretty disappointing. It was getting cold, but not COLD. Tough it out, people. By the time the Marker was hoisted, more than half the fans were gone. And we should have been ROARING every time the defense came off the field after another big stop. They deserved it.

Would be interested in what Lakes Bison has to say.
                      To be fair to the people that didn't roar for the defense...most of them didn't roar at all. At least they were consistant. Some of the folks that sit in the front of my section (G) need to learn that it is okay to stand up and cheer at important points of a game. I even heard a fellow behind me complain that I stood up.

We have a heck of a team this year, we should be standing and cheering the whole time. And staying for the whole game should be a no-brainer.

I loved the SDSU turn out on our "State Holiday." Now we just need to get everyone involved.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Good game by the Jacks.

Good luck this weekend against the Panthers (and the refs!?! )

Comment

I think there are many people who want to stand, but are sensitive to the neighbors around them who either don't want to stand or just don't understand it's okay. I think sometimes the players look back and try and get the crowd going and are like wtf why don't these people stand on third down.

Comment

I must say that I have been fairly impressed by the folks around us. I sit in section H and it seems like there has been a change in the culture in regards to standing and getting loud on important plays. Better this year than in years past anyway.

I will admit that when we stand in look to our right though, most of the sections between us and the band are pretty tame.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              I must say that I have been fairly impressed by the folks around us. I sit in section H and it seems like there has been a change in the culture in regards to standing and getting loud on important plays. Better this year than in years past anyway.

I will admit that when we stand in look to our right though, most of the sections between us and the band are pretty tame.
                              I would agree that the folks in section H seemed to have a majority standing. I sure hope that all the folks that want to move the band out of those seats plan on standing up as much as the student section and band does. When the players are trying to get the crowd into it, then get off your butts. I am not concerned about if my standing is bothering someone else. My ticket cost just as much as theirs. I am not going to let them ruin my experience.

I hope that versus UNI the crowd decides that the whole crowd can get into spirit and stand up and cheer.

The student section leaving is a whole other issue..
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I would agree that the folks in section H seemed to have a majority standing. I sure hope that all the folks that want to move the band out of those seats plan on standing up as much as the student section and band does. When the players are trying to get the crowd into it, then get off your butts. I am not concerned about if my standing is bothering someone else. My ticket cost just as much as theirs. I am not going to let them ruin my experience.

I hope that versus UNI the crowd decides that the whole crowd can get into spirit and stand up and cheer.

The student section leaving is a whole other issue..
                                I will say this and that is many of those older fans who do not necessarily stand or make a lot of noise at least stick around for the entirety of the game. The same cannot be said for a big contingent of the student section who left at half time. Yes, it's going to get cold and you can dress for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X