Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Hey, Gopherhole, is he related to Gerry Gdowski, the Huskers starting QB from the late 80's? If he is, it could be hard to turn down any type of offer from the Huskers, including walk-on status.
    Gdowski was also O-Coordinator for SDSU in the '90's. Catchem can expand on that.

Comment

The link on DiJon from the Pioneer Press, lists Vraa from Rosemount as committing to UNI - hadn't he verballed to NDSU? What did I miss - anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
        The link on DiJon from the Pioneer Press, lists Vraa from Rosemount as committing to UNI - hadn't he verballed to NDSU? What did I miss - anyone know?
        Nobody is sure if it's just a typo or if he switched his commitment.

Comment

I saw that, but haven't seen anything about him switching.

Comment

Vraa is verballed to NDSU. Max Buscher from Rosemount verballed to UNI. Both confirmed with Rosemount's head coach.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              Vraa is verballed to NDSU. Max Buscher from Rosemount verballed to UNI. Both confirmed with Rosemount's head coach.
              As an interested Bison fan, may I ask WHEN this was confirmed? Could he have changed his mind after the confirmation with the coach?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                Gdowski was also O-Coordinator for SDSU in the '90's. Catchem can expand on that.
                Gerry Gdowski, aka; the Great White Hope, was a god guy and a solid Husker QB. Loved watching him play and got to know him a bit in his brief time at SDSU. My guess is he would have good things to say about Stig and SDSU if he is considering anywhere outside of Nebraska.

Would have to echo other comments that if he is a close relation than it would be hard to get him away from Big Red but you have to try.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kermit View Post
                  As an interested Bison fan, may I ask WHEN this was confirmed? Could he have changed his mind after the confirmation with the coach?
                  I talked to the coach a couple weeks ago when it first came out on this board that he verballed to NDSU. Vraa had informed the coach directly. Same with Buscher to UNI, got info same day they told the coach.

Granted, can a kid change his mind and I not hear about it, absolutely. Just reporting what I knew when I knew it. We'll all know more tomorrow. Actually, Rosemount HS is having thier signing ceremony at 7:30am tomorrow, newpaper reported Vraa to NDSU, Buscher to UNI. So if it's anything other than that plenty will be suprised.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Per TV's twitter, he confirmed the verbal from Di-Jon Starr.

"Confirming a report by the Pioneer Press, SDSU has landed a verbal from Blaine DE Di-Jon Starr, a two-time first-team all-metro pick."

Comment

Here is Di-Jon Starr's ESPN profile with some game video: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...53&season=2010

He is a two star recruit with a 69 overall rating
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Vraa is still headed to NDSU, a poster at bisonville emailed the Pioneer Press reporter and he got a response back saying it was a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Here is Di-Jon Starr's ESPN profile with some game video: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...53&season=2010

He is a two star recruit with a 69 overall rating
                          Since we already have 2 DE's for this class, I'll go with ESPN and say that Di-Jon is going to be a DT.

Here's what ESPN had to say about Starr:

Starr is a thickly built and squatty defensive line prospect. He moves around the defensive line in high school and it is tough to project where he fits best at the college level. He lacks ideal height and while your initial impression is that he may be better suited as a defensive tackle you do worry about how much more good bulk he will be able to add to his frame. He has a solid get-off, but you would like to see him more consistently crowd the ball and be quicker. He does a good job of being able to attack half-a-man and get into the gap and stay square. Does a solid job of being able to get low and hold his ground, but needs work to not allow him self to get washed. He is adequate at taking on blocks and holding his ground. He can be pushed off the ball especially against the double team. He needs to do a better job of using his hands, keeping his pads down, and deriving power from his lower body. He plays with a good motor. He is a solid tackler, but can over-run the play. Displays adequate speed and short-area change-of-direction skills. He is a solid pass rusher who will show some flashes. He is active with his weapons and will use them to try and knock blockers hands down or get to the shoulder and try and throw a rip move. Starr is a bit of 'tweener at this point. Defensive tackle may be a better fit if he can add size, but he needs to work on being able to hold his ground when run at. He could develop into a solid swing/wave player.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            I've seen this kid play and he is a physical beast in the trenches. I officiated a couple of his games prior to his senior year and he manhandled his opponents. His brother Jake is a 305 lb. offensive lineman for Colorado State and is considered the strongest player for the Rams.

As listed on the Rivals page, he is very interested in playing for the Huskers, but according to the HuskerBoard he is only being considered as a walk-on. Andy was 2nd Team Super State in Nebraska his senior year as a defensive tackle. Give this kid some time to fill out and I could see him as a 300 lb. load in the middle of the defense.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports/hi...cc4c002e0.html

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php...2010-walk-ons/
                            Andy is son to Tom Gdowski, former Husker defensive tackle during the years 78-82. They are cousins to Gerry Gdowski, QB at Nebraska 87-89.

Comment

The pasted link is from a Husker fan board that says Gdowski is walking on at Nebraska. First post to make that claim is listed as 4 days ago, another says 18 hours ago. I hope this is a case of we have the latest information, but it doesn't look good.

http://64.131.67.10/vbbs/showthread.php?t=80222

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                                The pasted link is from a Husker fan board that says Gdowski is walking on at Nebraska. First post to make that claim is listed as 4 days ago, another says 18 hours ago. I hope this is a case of we have the latest information, but it doesn't look good.

http://64.131.67.10/vbbs/showthread.php?t=80222

Well, maybe coaches are swooping down the night before to convince.... oh, wait, that's what THEY do.

Comment

Working...
                                X