Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I think it's getting a bit tiresome comparing the two schools and their recruiting. NDSU has a good class that they should be proud of and I believe SDSU is building a class that we also will be proud in.
    Fans will be fans. But I do agree. I'm guessing the coaches spend about zero time worrying about anything other than putting their own recruiting class together. Our coaches are focused on building our team. NDSU's coaches are focused on building theirs.

Fans and media will compare year-to-year, but coaches are looking at a bigger (five-year) picture.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think it's getting a bit tiresome comparing the two schools and their recruiting. NDSU has a good class that they should be proud of and I believe SDSU is building a class that we also will be proud in.
      But what fun would armchair coaches on message boards have if we didn't!!
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

They're rivals! What's this board for if not for that kind of discussion for goodness sake?

Comment

how he doesn't give players enough personal attention.

The guys that play for him almost invariably come just short of saying that Stig hung the moon. That sounds like sour grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Fans will be fans. But I do agree. I'm guessing the coaches spend about zero time worrying about anything other than putting their own recruiting class together. Our coaches are focused on building our team. NDSU's coaches are focused on building theirs.

Fans and media will compare year-to-year, but coaches are looking at a bigger (five-year) picture.
            I think you are absolutlty correct on the focus by the staff of both schools, but having visted with a few assistants, I have been told that they often meet staff from NDSU at hs track meets and what have you but that is because by coincidence, they are interested in the same recruit. These meetings are no doubt friendly as they know each other probably do some socializing but no doubt are the exception and not the rule.

Comment

First of all when looking at recruiting you have to remember most of them will redshirt so look at the upcoming senior class for what positions you would like to replace. If I am not mistaken there is over 20 juniors-(will be seniors) so you start looking at positions. The big hole/position I think that needs to be looked at is RB, yes there is a lot of RB's on the roster but last year there was only a couple and the one transferred. So I think look for stig to get his RB, and maybe an interior lineman or 2 (either offensive or defensive)

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                ... Looks like Stu is jumping the shark to stir up some comments on his blog. I won't link to it out of principle, but he says speaking of Gebhart: "
                "Let's just hope he has a chance to experience beating SDSU during his time of eligibility, because those wins haven't been piling up of late."
                I thought Stu's take on argusleader.com was insightful and interesting. NDSU came calling to Trevor Gebhart early and he verballed to them. But he continued to hold out hope that Iowa would come calling with a scholarship offer. It didn't. The Jacks hadn't offered one either. So he's a future Bison.

Good luck to Trevor. I hope he has a good career against every team but the Jacks.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Looks like the class is coming together very nicely. Granted these are only verbals, but it should help ease some of the folks that were ready to jump off the campanile.

Speaking of jumping. Looks like Stu is jumping the shark to stir up some comments on his blog. I won't link to it out of principle, but he says speaking of Gebhart: "
                  "Let's just hope he has a chance to experience beating SDSU during his time of eligibility, because those wins haven't been piling up of late."
                  I would like to stir it up with SWhitney sometime about this.. Bottom line-for the 500th time-if TGebhart was the type of player SDSU was looking for they would have offered him. The coaches obviously saw something that they didn't like.. Thats recruiting. For Whitney to say that it was "interesting" that since his dad Everett ran track for SDSU that he wasn't offered etc and that maybe he wasn't offered because T Tiefenthaler might be playing/starting this fall" Again-unprofessional Stu.. Keep up the good writing for the Augus.

Comment

I didn't think that Stu's blog was that bad. If anything he was clearing things up. I think that he has the right as a media person to say why is SDSU letting recruits get away, but I think he could of gone into more detail saying Gebhart gave his verbal before SDSU had more then a handful of scholarships out. I also think that one thing Stig does is he doesn't go after recruits who have already gave a verbal unless they start the conversation and if Gebhart was honestly making it known to everyone that if Iowa came knocking he was going to leave, why would Stig want to go after him? I don't think Stig wants another situation where on signing day he finds out that one of his recruits is going somewhere else.... It seems as if Gebhart is upset more schools didn't come knocking AFTER he had already gave a verbal.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I didn't think that Stu's blog was that bad. If anything he was clearing things up. I think that he has the right as a media person to say why is SDSU letting recruits get away, but I think he could of gone into more detail saying Gebhart gave his verbal before SDSU had more then a handful of scholarships out. I also think that one thing Stig does is he doesn't go after recruits who have already gave a verbal unless they start the conversation and if Gebhart was honestly making it known to everyone that if Iowa came knocking he was going to leave, why would Stig want to go after him? I don't think Stig wants another situation where on signing day he finds out that one of his recruits is going somewhere else.... It seems as if Gebhart is upset more schools didn't come knocking AFTER he had already gave a verbal.
                      I totally agree with your last sentence..

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                        I totally agree with your last sentence..
                        I thought one of the funnier things was that Trevor's dad posted on Bisonville that the reason he chose NDSU was because "they are always good" and "he really like the coaches (coach Breske & Samuel especially)

I guess that's what happens when you verbal in August. NDSU goes on to prove the first quote wrong going 3-8 and being a MVC bottom feeder. And now both of the coaches he liked have left the program.

Comment

so secretly you are hoping he jumps ship at ndsu and come to you? because if you are inferring that, im pretty sure youre posts about "we dont need him" arent going to haunt you at all. (sarcasm)
                          NDSU got the best 2 kids in the state, bottom line. Now Gophers might need to take back ndsu's last recruit WR Zach Vraa, cuz we lost a texas WR recruit. Maybe trevor wants to goto minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                            so secretly you are hoping he jumps ship at ndsu and come to you? because if you are inferring that, im pretty sure youre posts about "we dont need him" arent going to haunt you at all. (sarcasm)
                            NDSU got the best 2 kids in the state, bottom line. Now Gophers might need to take back ndsu's last recruit WR Zach Vraa, cuz we lost a texas WR recruit. Maybe trevor wants to goto minnesota?
                            Frankly, Bison fans poured more gas on that fire than Jacks fans.

Comment

NDSU got the best 2 kids in the state, bottom line.
                              Based on what? Based on who's evaluation? Just because they were the ones that signed with NDSU does not make them the best.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

s
                                NDSU got the best 2 kids in the state, bottom line.
                                I don't think anyone that has seen a lot of SD football had anybody but Sumner as the best kid coming out of the state this year. Actually, I don't think they had to have seen a lot of SD football.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X