2010 Football Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

SDSU has another verbal and it's bound to create buzz - Jack Sherlock, a 6-4, 210-pound OLB from Chicago. He previously committed to USD.
    Hmmm

Comment

The new verbal is in:

from http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec:

SDSU has another verbal and it's bound to create buzz - Jack Sherlock, a 6-4, 210-pound OLB from Chicago. He previously committed to USD.

Comment

http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/foot...Sherlock-96028

Along with getting an offer from USD, Sherlock was recruited fairly heavily by E. Michigan, Indiana, N. Illinois, Purdue, & W. Michigan. He played WR and FS before switching to LB midway through his senior season.

Chicago (Ill.) Mount Carmel senior outside linebacker prospect Jack Sherlock (6-foot-3, 195 pounds) was drawing recruiting looks early on at wide receiver, but a mid-season position change to outside linebacker has really caught the eye and the interest of several schools.

Photo:
        http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/y92...k-sherlock.htm

Mt. Carmel is the same private, catholic school that produced Donovan McNabb & Simeon Rice.

A good article about Jack Sherlock:
        http://nwitimes.com/sports/high-scho...13358c473.html

His grandpa played for Notre Dame and his dad played for Purdue.

Video of Sherlock catching a TD pass.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaBjfWvpfE

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          The new verbal is in:

from http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec:

Might have to start looking for our recruiting list in the smack section now...
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

HAHAHA, This makes my night!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I am confused as well. We heard last month that the local recruiting class was not so great, all of sudden we have a recruiting class that seams to be very local. What happened?
              I don't see what the concern is about. We know that Austin Sumner was the #1 prospect in SD, and that there were four good kickers in the state, and we've got two of them coming. Put those three with ten out-of-staters and you've got 13 verbals which is about where the coaches thought they might land up with. On top of that, there are other walk-ons, and who knows if we have others left. All I know is that I heard the coaches feel they have things wrapped up like they wanted and are happy. If so...that makes me happy too!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                I don't see what the concern is about. We know that Austin Sumner was the #1 prospect in SD, and that there were four good kickers in the state, and we've got two of them coming. Put those three with ten out-of-staters and you've got 13 verbals which is about where the coaches thought they might land up with. On top of that, there are other walk-ons, and who knows if we have others left. All I know is that I heard the coaches feel they have things wrapped up like they wanted and are happy. If so...that makes me happy too!
                Stig clearly stated that he felt recruiting had changed a bit and he wasn't sure what was going to come out of this recruiting season for SDSU. I think if you asked him for his opinion right now he'd be very excited about the current verbal commitments. He told me the goal was 18 or 19 commits with 12 scholarships but that he'd be happy with 15 guys who really want to be at SDSU. I'm very happy with the names we've heard about.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In a phone interview, Sherlock didn't make a big deal about his change of plans, saying matter-of-factly that he went to Vermillion in December and subsequently committed, but then visited Brookings a few days ago and gave a new verbal.

This is an important point. People change their minds, especially young people who have ample opportunities/choices to make. It doesn't mean anything more than Sherlock liking SDSU over other programs right now. Nothings official until the paper is signed and faxed back.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Some good "tidbits" in Terry V's blog today:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

He mentions that Sherlock also had an offer from Southern Illinois and that RB Zach Zenner had a walk-on offer from NDSU. He also noted that Zenner runs a 4.55 40 yd dash which is much better than the 4.77 that was reported earlier.

A lot of other good info but you'll have to click the link to read up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      Some good "tidbits" in Terry V's blog today:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

He mentions that Sherlock also had an offer from Southern Illinois and that RB Zach Zenner had a walk-on offer from NDSU. He also noted that Zenner runs a 4.55 40 yd dash which is much better than the 4.77 that was reported earlier.

A lot of other good info but you'll have to click the link to read up on it.
                      Anytime we can pull a kid from Mierkort is a great day-especially when the kid sounds like a player. If I could send them a crying towel I would but it would be too much trouble to get it done!! Great decision to Re-verbal to a better University!

Comment

Might as well remove Bronson Marsh from the considering list. He had potential as an athlete and could have ended up on the defensive side of the ball. Sunday he gave his verbal to UNO, but the Huskers are up to their old bag of tricks by offering him a grey shirt.

Marsh offered a grayshirt by NU

Millard South quarterback Bronson Marsh apparently still has the interest of Husker coaches despite committing to Nebraska-Omaha on Sunday.

Andy Means, head coach at Millard South, said NU offensive line coach Barney Cotton called Marsh on Monday morning and offered a grayshirt, which means a scholarship would go into effect for Marsh next January after the 2010 season.

Means said Marsh, who led the Patriots to a Class A state championship this past fall, was scheduled to talk with Husker coach Bo Pelini on Monday night.

“But he has not indicated that he’s decommitting from UNO or anything yet,” Means said.

Marsh is listed at 6-foot and 200 pounds. There’s been talk of him possibly playing on the defensive side of the ball at the college level. He also has an offer from North Dakota and has received interest from Kansas and Ohio.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/...3116157606.txt

I'm even more pleased that we locked up Sumner. If we had counted on Marsh as our high school QB recruit and had to face losing another prized recruit to the Huskers with their last hour call, it would have been frustrating. While Marsh was an outstanding high school QB, I still believe we got it right with Sumner.

Comment

In past few years, the Jacks have lost verbals to the Cornhuskers and probably other schools. That's part of dealing with 18-year-olds. Jack Sherlock's change of mind and decision to come to SDSU is great news for the Jacks but nothing to rub too hard into the Coyotes' face. All schools with any ambition are going to lose verbals (and transfers). That said, this is turning into a very impressive class for the Jacks. Kudos to the coaches.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I think recruiting is all smoke and mirrors just like a playbook should be....why tell everyone how great players are or who they are high on, or give any info out at all? Sure knuckleheads like us want to to know, speculate and armchair coach it. If we were smart we'd sit, shut up, let the coaches do their job and wait until Feb 3 to see who signs the line. If I was coaching I'd downplay the talent in my own area too. "THese guys? Nah...that Sumner guy...maybe. Farniok-who? never heard of him. Tunga-what? I can't even say the name, let alone recruit him." SHow no interest other school offers a walk on, swoop in with a legit offer. Bottom line is Stig knows what he's doing...we simply don't.

P.S. Big deal about getting a kid from USD, I doubt Meierkort is losing sleep over it....while nice...they don't play in our conference, and we don't play them. He looks solid though will help us beat teams we currently play for sure.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              In past few years, the Jacks have lost verbals to the Cornhuskers and probably other schools. That's part of dealing with 18-year-olds. Jack Sherlock's change of mind and decision to come to SDSU is great news for the Jacks but nothing to rub too hard into the Coyotes' face. All schools with any ambition are going to lose verbals (and transfers). That said, this is turning into a very impressive class for the Jacks. Kudos to the coaches.
                              Jack Sherlock voted best name of this class so far.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Stig has said more than once he would rather talk about this years redshirts than this years recruits as at least with the redshirts he has seen them practice for a year and knows what they can do while the recruits not so much?

Comment

Working...
                                X