X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    WR Jason Schneider [6'5, 210] Andover, MN

This kid has Ramses Barden type size and broke every receiving record for Andover MN. Also a very good basketball player averaging 20.8 pts in his first 5 games.
    3.91 GPA Looking at majoring in Pharmacy
    Played almost every snap of every game at WR and DB
    Had interest from NDSU and UND

http://sportsprepzone.com/schools/sc...Article_ID=771

http://www.kare11.com/sports/prep/fo...8583&catid=212

http://www.ihigh.com/school10458/article_17271.html

Schneider's SR numbers, 73 receptions, 904 yds, 13 TDs

Wow, shaping up to be quite a class.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Best I could find of Jason Schneider was this video of Andover football highlights: http://www.ihigh.com/school10458/video_884367.html

Schneider (#9) shows up a lot, as he was the team's offensive MVP as well as played in the team's secondary.
      Any idea on this kids speed?

Comment

Terry just confirmed via Twitter that Tunge has verballed
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          Terry just confirmed via Twitter that Tunge has verballed
          Question-I thought it was posted somewhere earlier that the talent level in So.Dak. was down?? I don't quite remember exactly what was said but if that was the case this year and 7 out of our 16 verbals are from So. Dak then I wonder if we might be striking out on some of the other athletes and maybe settling for others.. Any opinions on this?

Comment

We should know about a verbal yet tonight. Stay tuned.

http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
              Question-I thought it was posted somewhere earlier that the talent level in So.Dak. was down?? I don't quite remember exactly what was said but if that was the case this year and 7 out of our 16 verbals are from So. Dak then I wonder if we might be striking out on some of the other athletes and maybe settling for others.. Any opinions on this?
              I was wondering the samething myself. I remember it being mentioned several times that not only SD, but the region was down this year. I think we can got several very good players from outside of SD and maybe the players here are on small scholarships and the coaching staff think they have potentional down the road.

Comment

Any idea on this kid's [Jason Schneider] speed?
                I haven't found any website that listed his 40 time (and those can be deceiving anyways), but I know he is fast enough to have over 900 receiving yards in the highest class in Minnesota. He probably isn't a burner, otherwise Brewster would have been all over him, but he definitely didn't look slow on the video and looks to have great ball skills when the ball is in the air.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Seems to me that several of the 7 are preferred walk ons
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

How does anyone find that kind of info?

Comment

Yeah, both kickers are and Terry said on his tweet that Tunge is as well. If I recall, some of the other SD kids were walk-ons too.

Comment

Terry has mentioned a lot of it in his blogs. I'm not saying I am positive, just that it seemed that way.
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Terry has mentioned a lot of it in his blogs. I'm not saying I am positive, just that it seemed that way.
                          Thanks

Comment

I really like the way the coaches are recruiting South Dakota this year, even if it is considered a down year in SD in terms of talent; Lock up the more talented players in the state, then offer preferred limited scholarship/walk-on opportunities to kids that have some talent, but may have a few underline issues that need to be overcome in order to prove that they can be competitive at the Division 1 level. This way, kids who want to be Jackrabbits get an opportunity to prove their worth and earn a scholarship/full ride, while SDSU doesn't have to sacrifice as much scholarship money to bring in local kids that could go towards landing out of state recruits with more talent and a higher chance of succeeding at the next level.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Half of the SD kids are legit top prospect type players (Sumner and the two Kicker's). Some of them are good players who are getting partial scholarships and walk-on opportunities. I think the local recruits we've picked up are good recruits, we just don't know much about them.
                              Last edited by mitchell; 01-25-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                                I was wondering the samething myself. I remember it being mentioned several times that not only SD, but the region was down this year. I think we can got several very good players from outside of SD and maybe the players here are on small scholarships and the coaching staff think they have potentional down the road.
                                I am confused as well. We heard last month that the local recruiting class was not so great, all of sudden we have a recruiting class that seams to be very local. What happened?
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X