Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    The one recruit on this list that really stood out to me after watching the videos is Ethan Kipili'i, as he is exactly the type of athlete that thrives in FCS football. He is undersized, which probably made him fall off some FBS schools radar, but he looks like Jimmy Rogers playing the receiver position (watch the video). Top it all off he runs a 4.5 forty, so he has the athletic ability to go along with the effort. Barring injury, I just don't see how this kid wouldn't pan out, and maybe even be something special. Hope he enjoys his visit on the 2nd of January so much that he'd like to stick around for another 4 to 5 years.
    yeah looking at his video at worst he would be a great special teams player and a solid #3 receiver....

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      I'd doubt that. I don't think Stig runs a program that puts off things like this.

Here's something to chew on: Coaches can't talk about verbal commits before they sign. So how'd this Dudzik guy know how great NDSU's class is? He must've had to do some research on his own, otherwise, the NDSU coaches may have gotten themselves into some trouble.
      They can't comment to the media and general public - I don't know that it prohibits talking about it to other recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        yeah looking at his video at worst he would be a great special teams player and a solid #3 receiver....
        He would most likely be redshirted next fall. He has quite a few other schools that he has shown some interest in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          The one recruit on this list that really stood out to me after watching the videos is Ethan Kipili'i, as he is exactly the type of athlete that thrives in FCS football. He is undersized, which probably made him fall off some FBS schools radar, but he looks like Jimmy Rogers playing the receiver position (watch the video). Top it all off he runs a 4.5 forty, so he has the athletic ability to go along with the effort. Barring injury, I just don't see how this kid wouldn't pan out, and maybe even be something special. Hope he enjoys his visit on the 2nd of January so much that he'd like to stick around for another 4 to 5 years.
          There are many things I really like about this kid after watching the video. First, he is a great athlete who appears to play with a chip on his shoulder. He runs fast, hard, and is always looking to make a hit or a play. He also catches everything with his hands and not his body. Not only is he fast, but he seems to be shifty when he gets the ball in his hands. He is an outstanding blocker and is relentless until the whistle blows. It makes me wonder if his team threw the ball much, because he seemed to have as much footage of him blocking as it did on his catches.

One of my favorite plays of this video is his opening kickoff return. He must have run 160 plus yards on that play. He was on the front line on the kickoff, ran back to the 15 where he received the handoff, then skirted across the field prior to going the distance on the other sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            They can't comment to the media and general public - I don't know that it prohibits talking about it to other recruits.
            I don't see where you'd draw the line between a recruit and the general public, though. At what point would it become acceptable to discuss other recruits, except in the vaguest of terms?

Comment

I think they can say that they have a verbal they just can't say who they are from

example.... this should be ok "we already have 18 verbal's and have numerous offers out so if you want to come here you better make up your mind quick"

this not so much "we have a verbal from john smith from Central high school in Topeka KS, he is a QB, we have a verbal from Jeffry Jones from JFK high school in St. Joseph MO, he is a LT, we have a verbal from quiten jones from Pandorma HS in Aimes IA, he is a CB.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                I guess to me he looks high energy...which is weird to say with a WR, but he looks like he has a motor until the play is blown dead. I like it. I think at the very worst(or best?) he could convert to a very speedy cornerback who looks like he hits pretty good.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

if you dont think recruits read boards, and/or keep up with # of verbals a school has, then you're in the dark.

the recruits and hs junior/seniors know exactly who's getting recruiting where, how many offers a teams have, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                    if you dont think recruits read boards, and/or keep up with # of verbals a school has, then you're in the dark.

the recruits and hs junior/seniors know exactly who's getting recruiting where, how many offers a teams have, etc.
                    yeah, the ? with it is when the recruit says " the coach told me we have a good recruiting class and 18 verbals"

Comment

Student athletes still have to like the school and its facilities etc. Some kids may like to play in domes, others may not.. Still comes down to personal choice and what is best for the individual involved.

Comment

You have to get pumped for 2010's class after watching 2009's recruiting video.

Part 1
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOacnypQJZ4

Part 2
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB44o...eature=related

Comment

They also know when teams only win 3 games in a season and when other schools go to the playoffs. I'll bet they even know when say one school is on a three game winning streak over say another school.

Comment

Per rivals.com SDSU has interest in Trey Seals 6'3 210lbs 4.65 40 DE from Columbia, SC. Stats from 2009 are listed as 88 tackles, 13 TFL, and 7 sacks.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Seals-106153

Comment

Added him to the list, I wonder how we ended up in South Carolina. Did one of the coaches make a wrong turn, I guess they are really scouring the country.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                Added him to the list, I wonder how we ended up in South Carolina. Did one of the coaches make a wrong turn, I guess they are really scouring the country.
                                I am wondering that myself. But sometimes recruits are very proactive in their own recruitment and send out info/videos to many different schools themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X