2010 Football Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Terry V just posted some good recruiting news on his blog.

Among other things, he mentions two players that SDSU is pursuing.

California JUCO QB, Jordan Thomas 6'3" 200 lbs

Minnesota WR, Jason Schneider 6'5" 210 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post

A couple links for Jason Schneider,

http://www.kare11.com/sports/prep/fo...8583&catid=212

http://www.sportsprepzone.com/school...ile.php?ID=771

He looks like the proto-typical recruit for SDSU. Talented player who is for the most part overlooked by other schools and recruiting services. Good leader and good student who comes in and becomes and All-Conference type player.
      At 6'5", I wonder if he's being recruited to play TE or DE in college or if he is fast enough to stay at WR.

Here's a video of the QB Jordan Thomas. Looks like he slings the ball in there with good velocity.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-yZ6k9USs

Comment

Its good to finally start to hear a few more names coming out on the recruiting front.

Comment

I have to wonder that if we are going after a JUCO QB that the rumours regarding Whittier and Mondol are true. Anyone have any info?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
            I have to wonder that if we are going after a JUCO QB that the rumours regarding Whittier and Mondol are true. Anyone have any info?
            I think the it's pretty certain that the two are transferring, we just haven't had an official announcement yet.

Comment

I think the it's pretty certain that the two are transferring, we just haven't had an official announcement yet.
              Never in the past has SDSU made official announcements when athletes transfer. Hope your not holding your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Never in the past has SDSU made official announcements when athletes transfer. Hope your not holding your breath.
                True, but Coach Stig has said he will let Terry V know after the semester who was transferring so I'm sure we will find out with in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                  I think what he is saying is when the online roster is updated after the semester that they won't be on the roster....

The problem with getting a JuCo QB or a transfer to come in is.... generally they think they could go many places and become a starter, and when they look into it and see that we had a freshman starting, had a solid QB redshirting and have a verbal from a solid QB.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    I think what he is saying is when the online roster is updated after the semester that they won't be on the roster....

The problem with getting a JuCo QB or a transfer to come in is.... generally they think they could go many places and become a starter, and when they look into it and see that we had a freshman starting, had a solid QB redshirting and have a verbal from a solid QB.....
                    I was thinking the samething that it might be difficult to find a Juco QB. Most Juco QBs have atleast started 1 if not both years at their current school and want to go somewhere where they will have a good chance to start. Not many players will want to transfer to a school and then not play for their last few years.

Comment

Yeah but if you're a JUCO QB with no offers than it probably doesn't seem like too bad of a job to go be a backup for two years and get your school paid for. Plus, anything can happen. Our 2nd string QB played this year because of injury, same thing could happen next year.

Comment

If an athlete is going to transfer, he won't do it until sememster break or the end of the year. I would think a student athlete would wait, just in case the school wanted to be an a-hole and take schollie away if he isn't on the team (not saying that is what SDSU would do). And a student can be talking about leaving the team, but until it's official, I'm sure the coach isn't going to say anything in case the student changes his mind. Just let it work itself out.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                          I was thinking the samething that it might be difficult to find a Juco QB. Most Juco QBs have atleast started 1 if not both years at their current school and want to go somewhere where they will have a good chance to start. Not many players will want to transfer to a school and then not play for their last few years.
                          I think most players we are recruiting have enough confidence in their own abilitly to think they can win the starting spot in an open competition. If they don't have that confidence, I don't think we want them here.

I would guess that a Juco QB will look at it and see that we have one QB that has thrown passes in a live game at the collegiate level, for an improving nationally competitive football team. He may be able to beat out that QB in an open competition, or is one injury away from playing time. On top of that he can get a Grade A eductation at a University that is a good fit for him. If I was the recruiter that's what I'd be selling.

Comment

I don't have a link, but read in the Argus print copy today that Jelsma has committed to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              I don't have a link, but read in the Argus print copy today that Jelsma has committed to USD.
                              yeah I talked to him, said scholarship with the chance to play right away next year he just couldn't turn down....

Comment

yeah I talked to him, said scholarship with the chance to play right away next year he just couldn't turn down....
                                I don't know the kid, but I hope he never wins a game. Sorry mods, couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X