Gameday Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameday Atmosphere

It's the day before Hobo Day. That is when KELO can get the most play out of it. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither right or wrong.

It would be nice to have a follow-up story afterwards reporting on how a huge crowd shows up for the Hobo Day game and has a great time while being in control but that doesn't help ratings.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Kelo's big story about Hobo day coming up and instead of the excitement and the big game, its a story about police looking to bust parties. Not what I would think would be the best stories leading up to one of the biggest days in the state. Not to take away the point though that if people are dumb they are going to get busted. Having two stories about police presence at tailgating and then looking for parties to bust does not give a great image of brookings and SDSU. It misses a lot of what hobo day means to a lot of people.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,74615
      I think thats the link to it maybe? never posted a link on here yet.

Goon
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SDPB also had it on the radio today.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

my guess is they both got the wire feed of the article that ran in the register yesterday about it.

Comment

Ridiculous. What a waste of resources.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Actually I don't think it was a bad thing. I heard a lot of comments at work that they hoped this would now be resolved. Why is that good? First, the comments were from people that I didn't know were following SDSU close enough that they new this was an old story. Second, all most all of the comments were that they hoped the publicity would RESOLVE the issue. No one, well there was one person, really was wanting to blame UPD, the Athl Dept, or the students. The just wanted an explanation of why it varies so much from game to game, officer to officer. None, and I mean none, said that it would have ANY impact on them deciding to go to games. Also, none of the people thought the story made SDSU look bad.

EDIT: Forgot the thing most of the people talked about: How cool is it that Jim Langer comes back to the FB games! Do you know if he is there every week? What do you think the chances of meeting him in the Backyard are?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I am not sure if he goes to every game, but I have seen him up there on a few occassions. As far as meeting him goes I'm sure if he's in the backyard he will be very approachable. Every time I have been around him he has been a genuinely nice guy.

Comment

Seriously, I read that link to KELO's site, that stuff that people described really goes on at your tailgating? Bottles being thrown, lude acts, etc.? I am suprised. That stuff doesn't happen in Vermillion (insert no fans to tailgate joke here). We just have a good time, drink some beer, grill some food, go to the game. No police harass us, it's just a good time. But seriously, I am not here to throw stones or pass judgement. I honestly didn't know that was going on. Is a "pushy" police presence the cause of some of the problems, instigating things?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                    Actually I don't think it was a bad thing. I heard a lot of comments at work that they hoped this would now be resolved. Why is that good? First, the comments were from people that I didn't know were following SDSU close enough that they new this was an old story. Second, all most all of the comments were that they hoped the publicity would RESOLVE the issue. No one, well there was one person, really was wanting to blame UPD, the Athl Dept, or the students. The just wanted an explanation of why it varies so much from game to game, officer to officer. None, and I mean none, said that it would have ANY impact on them deciding to go to games. Also, none of the people thought the story made SDSU look bad.

EDIT: Forgot the thing most of the people talked about: How cool is it that Jim Langer comes back to the FB games! Do you know if he is there every week? What do you think the chances of meeting him in the Backyard are?
                    Jim can usually be found at the Chain Gangs spot

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                      Seriously, I read that link to KELO's site, that stuff that people described really goes on at your tailgating? Bottles being thrown, lude acts, etc.? I am suprised. That stuff doesn't happen in Vermillion (insert no fans to tailgate joke here). We just have a good time, drink some beer, grill some food, go to the game. No police harass us, it's just a good time. But seriously, I am not here to throw stones or pass judgement. I honestly didn't know that was going on. Is a "pushy" police presence the cause of some of the problems, instigating things?
                      I've tailgated at almost every home game the last 3 years and I've never seen a bottle thrown or a single "lewd act". So don't be SURPRISED or pass JUDGMENT, go home and be LEWD but learn how to spell first. Sorry for the attitude but that score today makes me bitter. I love the way the Jacks played I just hate the way they lost.

Seriously, tailgating at SDSU games is fun for the whole family. Its hard to say that for Udot when only 40 people show up.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I watched the UPD today take someone's beer bottle, dump it out, and threw the bottle away without even telling the middle-aged man why his beer was taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                          I watched the UPD today take someone's beer bottle, dump it out, and threw the bottle away without even telling the middle-aged man why his beer was taken away.
                          I didn't even see a single officer in the little over an hour I tailgated.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ha I saw about 15 of them...The sad thing is all of the ones I saw were on the north side of the tailgate lot away from the students.

Comment

It's pretty simple to understand why, Blue. There are signs at the entrance to the tailgate area, noting bottles are not allowed. When I entered the area today, the security person was explaining that to people coming in...they went around telling everybody that last week. Bottles not allowed, seems simple to me.

Comment

Some people do walk through the trees on the north side of the lot and see no signs...not that it matters at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X