X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Youngstown State

Fair point. I thought the same thing.

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Not saying the crowd was great by any means, but you guys think the fact that we were up 27-0 at halftime maybe had something to do with people not paying much attention in the second half?
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Not saying the crowd was great by any means, but you guys think the fact that we were up 27-0 at halftime maybe had something to do with people not paying much attention in the second half?
      Yes. I do think, though, that it just takes people a little time to get going when the season starts. I'm sure we'll see a more raucous atmosphere for the Beef Bowl.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

No doubt in my mind. As a matter of fact there was a good bunch that didn't come back after half time (probably many students). I was sitting in the south endzone and the bleachers I was in lost the better part of half the people after half time.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Hey, went to the Youngstown State fan board. Hardly any comments, although the few I saw were unhappy. But there were so few it seems the board is...well, not very popular. Or, I suppose, they could have much better things to do with their time than do we. It's about 50/50 on which it is. Usually, a bad showing has this board hopping. Same with a big win. Over there...you can hear the crickets.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
            Having the student section and visitor section on the same side is just asking for trouble. Wouldn't have a problem moving the band to one of the endzones to open up the grandstand seating though.
            GA Southern has the students and visitors on the same side. I Like that suggestion as the students and band noise would project to the main stands.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I think that's a good idea. It would open up reserved seating on the main grandstand and move at least some general admission to the east side. The people on the main grandstand would be able to hear the band, even if it was just a pep-band, subset playing for most of the game (I couldn't hear the smaller band during the NDSU game even though I'm just two sections away from them.) It would have the added benefit of making it much, much easier for the band to get on the field and back off at halftime.

All in favor?
              I think this is a pretty good idea as well, it's tough for the students to get the crowd into the game when we are pushed all the way to one end.

Comment

Working...
              X