• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State

Countdown To Iowa State Football Game
    Let the Preparations for the game Begin

Re: Iowa State

Not sure where else to ask this - Do I have to call in to get tickets to the ISU game?
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Call the SDSU ticket office after Aug 1. They will have them available...

Go Jacks !!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
        Call the SDSU ticket office after Aug 1. They will have them available...

Go Jacks !!!!!!
        I wasn't thinking that they can't release single game tickets until after ISU does but that would be the case wouldn't it. Thanks!
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I believe there were only 500 tickets given to SDSU and Season ticket holders had first shot. Haven't found out if we were succesful yet.

I'm assuming that there will be few if any left after that. Hopefully due to the Thursday night game, it will easy to find tickets. Last year's Thursday opener was Kent St. and they drew 10,000 less (47000) than the following week with UNI.

Comment

I believe Nebraska plays at Iowa State this year. Iowa State changed their ticket policy this year to not sell single game tickets for NU...except for certain seats. I assume many Husker fans will purchase season tickets to ensure they get a good seat in the stadium. I doubt many will want their SDSU/Iowa St. ticket. Posting a need at bighuskerfan.com or some other Husker fan board may get you a good seat at a cheap price.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pb...32/1008/sports Story link about single game tickets for NU ISU

http://bighuskerfan.com/phpBB2/index.php Link to bighuskerfan boards..its free and will get a lot of traffic later in the summer
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

52 Days to Iowa State:

#52 Andy Mink, FR, 6-3, 220, defensive line, Greenwood, Neb

Mink has dominated on both the gridiron and wrestling mat for Ashland/Greenwood High School. A first-team all-district selection on three occasions, Mink racked up 114 tackles, nine tackles for loss and three sacks this past season to also earn Huskerlandprep first-team recognition. In wrestling, Mink has qualified for the state tournament three times, winning a state title at 215 pounds as a junior.

Comment

51 Days to Iowa State:

#51 Dean Priddy, SO, 6-3, 205, P, Eden Prairie, Minn

Dean is slated to handle the punting duties for the Jackrabbits this season ... joined the Jackrabbits after earning all-state recognition in both football and soccer at Eden Prairie High School ... twice earned honorable mention all-state recognition in football, while also being named all-Metro on two occasions ... high school coach was Mike Grant ... was honored on all-conference and all-state teams in soccer, while also lettering in Nordic skiing ... honor roll student

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                  I believe there were only 500 tickets given to SDSU and Season ticket holders had first shot. Haven't found out if we were succesful yet.

I'm assuming that there will be few if any left after that. Hopefully due to the Thursday night game, it will easy to find tickets. Last year's Thursday opener was Kent St. and they drew 10,000 less (47000) than the following week with UNI.
                  That's true. If you don't buy a ticket online, you can always find cheap tickets outside the stadium from the scalpers. For a non-conference game, I'm sure you could find a decent ticket for only about $10, but you would probably have to wait until kick-off for the cheapest ones, just because they want to get rid of them.

Comment

50 Days to Iowa State:

#50 Mao Lefiti , JR, 6-5, 220, P, Koneoham, Hawaii

Like his older brother, Soli, a two-year starter at Utah, Lefiti won all-conference honors at Palomar (Calif.) Community College after a standout prep career at Castle High in Hawaii.

Comment

I went over to the CycloneFanatic site and started an SDSU vs. ISU thread just to see what I could learn about gameday in Ames. Looks like it should be a great time. Sounds like they have the tailgating thing down to a science.

Here's the link:
                      http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...su-vs-isu.html

If you are planning on going, you may want to be working on rooms. There is some kind of convention in town that makes hotel availibility a problem.

Can't wait for the 28th of August, going to be an exciting day for SDSU!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        I went over to the CycloneFanatic site and started an SDSU vs. ISU thread just to see what I could learn about gameday in Ames. Looks like it should be a great time. Sounds like they have the tailgating thing down to a science.

Here's the link:
                        http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...su-vs-isu.html

If you are planning on going, you may want to be working on rooms. There is some kind of convention in town that makes hotel availibility a problem.

Can't wait for the 28th of August, going to be an exciting day for SDSU!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                        When booking a room be prepared to pay for Thursday and Friday night. None of the places I looked into would allow a Thursday night stay only.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was able to book a couple of rooms without the extra night stay but it was within a day or two after the game was switched to Thursday night. May have gotten lucky and beat them to the punch.

Rooms are scarce, that much I know!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 07-12-2008, 01:22 PM. Reason: wrong day

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            I was able to book a couple of rooms without the extra night stay but it was within a day or two after the game was switched to Saturday night. May have gotten lucky and beat them to the punch.

Rooms are scarce, that much I know!

SUPERBUNNY
                            I assume you meant switched to Thursday night from Saturday day.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I assume you meant switched to Thursday night from Saturday day.
                              Correct! I edited the previous message.

Thanks,

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                              X