Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State fan here...

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Heard a radio spot this a.m. for a bus trip WNAX is putting together for the game. $99 gets you round-trip transportation and tickets to the game.
    Leaving from Brookings? Sioux Falls? Yankton?

Hope that they can line up at least two bus loads for that!

Comment

Heard a radio spot this a.m. for a bus trip WNAX is putting together for the game. $99 gets you round-trip transportation and tickets to the game.
      I heard Jim Woster on Corn Comments say the Corn Growers are putting a bus together also.

Comment

The Back O' The Bus group is planning a bus that will leave from Brookings and stop in Sioux Falls before moving on to Ames.

Also as an FYI the Alumni Association will be having a tailgate event before the game!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
          The Back O' The Bus group is planning a bus that will leave from Brookings and stop in Sioux Falls before moving on to Ames.

Also as an FYI the Alumni Association will be having a tailgate event before the game!

Go State!
          I will attend the tailgate and plan to drive down to the game with my family or I'd take the WNAX bus.

WNAX has been advertising the bus trip for a couple of weeks now. The other day Steve Crawford was poking a little fun at the lack of phone calls regarding the trip. I would say, given the fact that it is 2 months away, his criticism is a bit premature. Not that it isn't typical behavior for Steve. I believe the bus is leaving from Yankton but it very well may be starting in Brookings or Sioux Falls.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            WNAX has been advertising the bus trip for a couple of weeks now. The other day Steve Crawford was poking a little fun at the lack of phone calls regarding the trip. I would say, given the fact that it is 2 months away, his criticism is a bit premature. Not that it isn't typical behavior for Steve. I believe the bus is leaving from Yankton but it very well may be starting in Brookings or Sioux Falls.
            I think Ames is close enough that a lot of people still would prefer to drive.

Personally, we're driving so we can stay and celebrate the Jack's win like it ought to be celebrated.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I think Ames is close enough that a lot of people still would prefer to drive.

Personally, we're driving so we can stay and celebrate the Jack's win like it ought to be celebrated.
              Both excellent points. We plan to stay the night and enjoy Ames (or maybe Des Moines). The trip is an easy one from Yankton and Brookings.

The bus trip would give those who use the travel excuse a reason to go. How hard is it to sit on your butt on a bus to Ames, sit on your butt in the stands at a Big XII facility, and then sit on your butt back home to South Dakota?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post

Go State!

I'll be driving down with a couple of friends and looking forward to some tailgating before the game.

Comment

Any possibilities that the bus can make a detour here to Michigan and pick us up? It's only 15 hours here and 15 back.

Comment

I, my brother, father and several friends plan on driving ourselves.

The bus may not be a bad option though....
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                      I'll be driving down with a couple of friends and looking forward to some tailgating before the game.
                      Be sure to stop by the student tailgate lots! A lot of students will be skipping class that day to tailgate, so it should be packed and a good time! If you're looking for something more relaxed and layed back, hang out in the high donor lots (just east of the stadium, lot S) most people there will give you a beer or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X