Iowa State fan here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State fan here...

I just booked my hotel room and renewed my season tickets earlier this week and am looking forward to receiving ticket info for the Iowa State game. I can't wait for the season to start!

Comment

Anyone able to recommend a hotel? I've checked availability on the internet and all the hotels I have searched return with "no rooms available" that day. Do I just need to make a phone call or are they really booked? I'd rather ask for advice here than start calling.

Not sure we will even stay in a hotel but I'd like to reserve a room just to have that option. I ordered my season tickets and tickets for the Iowa State game a couple of weeks ago. Waiting for info so I can order my basketball season tickets.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Anyone able to recommend a hotel? I've checked availability on the internet and all the hotels I have searched return with "no rooms available" that day. Do I just need to make a phone call or are they really booked? I'd rather ask for advice here than start calling.

Not sure we will even stay in a hotel but I'd like to reserve a room just to have that option. I ordered my season tickets and tickets for the Iowa State game a couple of weeks ago. Waiting for info so I can order my basketball season tickets.

I booked my reservation online and am staying at a Comfort Inn. I did have to book for Thursday and Friday. Every time I tried only Thursday nothing was available. I might go to the farm show or check out Des Moines on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
          I booked my reservation online and am staying at a Comfort Inn. I did have to book for Thursday and Friday. Every time I tried only Thursday nothing was available. I might go to the farm show or check out Des Moines on Friday.
          I see the scam, gotta have a room for at least 2 nights that weekend. We have to be back in South Dakota early Saturday for confirmation so no intention to stay Friday night. I guess we will just stay with family or friends.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I see the scam, gotta have a room for at least 2 nights that weekend. We have to be back in South Dakota early Saturday for confirmation so no intention to stay Friday night. I guess we will just stay with family or friends.
            Standard 'game day scam' for larger schools. The same thing happens in Iowa City on game weekends.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

If diesel prices remain the same or go higher I would pull the camper out there and stay in a parking lot. But its a four tank trip from eastern Michigan and at $4.79 a gallon here at 13 mpg you get the picture.

Comment

I mean if Diesel goes lower. Where are places to park a camper in Ames?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  I mean if Diesel goes lower. Where are places to park a camper in Ames?
                  Well, I know a lot of RV's get there the night before and stay the night after the game to tailgate in the parking lots. But, I think they might have passes, and I'm not sure if you can buy one for a single game.

So, if you are thinking more of a campground type, there is a nice one Near Boone and Nevada, both about 8 miles from Ames.

Comment

Any word on tickets? I have not heard or seen any information from SDSU about ticket information. I know the tickets are available on the Iowa State web page, but have been waiting to purchase through SDSU. I am assuming ISU will give SDSU tickets at a discounted rate and then SDSU can sell at face value and make some money. Not sure if this is the case, but I believe it a general practice.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I received info on purchasing the tickets a few days ago. I am a season ticket holder and Jackrabbit Club member so I assume one of those is the mailing list. Call the ticket office and they should be able to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        I received info on purchasing the tickets a few days ago. I am a season ticket holder and Jackrabbit Club member so I assume one of those is the mailing list. Call the ticket office and they should be able to help you.

I got info about tickets as well (Season Ticket Holder and Club Member), but I think the requests from Season Ticket holders were due by the June 16th.

Comment

I was tipped off to the following from a thread on Bisonville:

One of the upsets predicted for the upcoming season is SDSU over Iowa State, according to "bleacher report". (I know nothing about bleacher report.) In the article, SDSU is now credited with winning its second conference title in a single year! The report says: "South Dakota State won the Gateway Conference in their first year of conference competition last season and finished the year ranked 19th in the country after pulling off an upset of powerhouse North Dakota State in the finale."

The bleacher report writer says nice things about Jaron Harris (which is an indication the writer has done his homework):
                          "The Jackrabbits have a core group of underrated skill position players, including receiver JaRon Harris, who is widely considered one of the best “small school” draft prospects in the country."

Here's a story link.

Comment

ISU Should opt out now. Otherwise...GAME OVER! GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I was tipped off to the following from a thread on Bisonville:

One of the upsets predicted for the upcoming season is SDSU over Iowa State, according to "bleacher report". (I know nothing about bleacher report.) In the article, SDSU is now credited with winning its second conference title in a single year! The report says: "South Dakota State won the Gateway Conference in their first year of conference competition last season and finished the year ranked 19th in the country after pulling off an upset of powerhouse North Dakota State in the finale."

The bleacher report writer says nice things about Jaron Harris (which is an indication the writer has done his homework):
                              "The Jackrabbits have a core group of underrated skill position players, including receiver JaRon Harris, who is widely considered one of the best “small school” draft prospects in the country."

Here's a story link.
                              He does know some about Harris but what about the "Gateway Conference"? I didn't know that we won that conference. I think if we play like we did at the end of last year, we have a good shot. If we play like we did early in the year, it'll be another story.

Comment

Heard a radio spot this a.m. for a bus trip WNAX is putting together for the game. $99 gets you round-trip transportation and tickets to the game.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X