Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: News regarding the Dykhouse Center

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    Thanks Filbert. You're always thinking about the fans. I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a giant like 20 X 40 foot jackrabbit perched an top of the roof of the Dykhouse Center.

But maybe another great scoreboard woud work too.
    I'd be happy with a 20 foot statue of T Denny if he wants to fund a new stadium...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Thanks Filbert. You're always thinking about the fans. I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a giant like 20 X 40 foot jackrabbit perched an top of the roof of the Dykhouse Center.

But maybe another great scoreboard woud work too.
      I can see it already. "Touchdown Rabbit"

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        I can see it already. "Touchdown Rabbit"
        There you go. Now you're getting it. Let's start raising $$ for it right now.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Or, more likely, a gigantic inflatable Coke can tethered down.

Comment

some form of an electronic board is a good idea...at least something with score, time left etc....basic info for those sitting in the south stands under the scoreboard.

Comment

A ribbon board along the balcony, and a video board like they have in the new Dallas stadium on top of it!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think it would be pretty cool to have a party deck on top of the Dykhouse. They could build these different levels, with steps, and it'll all be carpeted with a lot of pillows. You
                know, like ancient Egypt.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm not letting go of my dream - in fact its evolving. How about if some of the engineers design a giant animatronic Jackrabbit that could do some cool stuff every time the Jacks score a TD. It could jump, do a little dance, roar, breathe fire - you know something awesome that you would expect from a giant killer rabbit.

(Now that I read this - it would be cool but we may damage children and make them never want to come to an SDSU game again. It'd be awesome nonetheless.)
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Let it go JG.

Comment

I'm not letting go of my dream - in fact its evolving. How about if some of the engineers design a giant animatronic Jackrabbit that could do some cool stuff every time the Jacks score a TD. It could jump, do a little dance, roar, breathe fire - you know something awesome that you would expect from a giant killer rabbit.

(Now that I read this - it would be cool but we may damage children and make them never want to come to an SDSU game again. It'd be awesome nonetheless.)
                      Kind of like this?

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This was immediately where my mind went when I first read the giant Jackrabbit idea...except my thoughts also included the Jackrabbit shooting lasers from its eyes and blowing stuff up as part of the celebration of td's and whatnot.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here are two more shots taken Saturday of the Dykhouse Center. One shows the space between the Center and the goal posts.

Comment

Any new pictures to share. Has the outdoor terrace been completed?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Any new pictures to share. Has the outdoor terrace been completed?
                              I don't have any pictures to share, but I drove by the facility yesterday and the terrace is in progress. It definately wasn't finished yet, but the structure of the terrace was there.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I forgot to ask this question awhile back and this thread reminded me....
                                I attended my first SDSU football game on the 'Beef Bowl'. Tremendous crowd and atmosphere.... My kids were talking about it for a week afterwards. A special thanks to whomever is in charge of the weather too! I was handed a Dykhouse brochure as I walked in and it said something to the effect of a Dec. 2009 deadline and 38 donors. Both of which I was stunned?? I guess I thought it was going to be done before then and I thought the number of donors would have been exponentially higher? I don't why I had those perceptions...but does anyone know the accuracy without me asking someone internally and looking dumb!

Comment

Working...
                                X