News regarding the Dykhouse Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: News regarding the Dykhouse Center

The contract provides for completion in December.

Comment

The brochure was part of the fundraising for the furnishings...thus the 38 donors listed so far. FYI, the decision was made to build the building and use all the funds, so furnishings are part of a separate fund raising. The contract calls for a December deadline, but sounds like we will be in it sometime in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        The contract calls for a December deadline, but sounds like we will be in it sometime in November.
        Late November.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
          I'm not letting go of my dream - in fact its evolving. How about if some of the engineers design a giant animatronic Jackrabbit that could do some cool stuff every time the Jacks score a TD. It could jump, do a little dance, roar, breathe fire - you know something awesome that you would expect from a giant killer rabbit.

(Now that I read this - it would be cool but we may damage children and make them never want to come to an SDSU game again. It'd be awesome nonetheless.)
          Ideas like this always sound good until something goes terribly wrong...

RABBOT!!!
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

RABBOT!!!
            Very good show and one of the first made. That is either the first or second episode ever created.

Comment

As soon as Jackrabbitguy mentioned a giant robotic rabbit I thought of that episode... and beer, for being in a state of inebriation really improves ATHF
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

To get this slightly back on track re the Dykhouse SAC...was by there today and they have the fascia above the brick all done and the lettering for "South Dakota State University" is above it and looks great. The next level down below the fascia will hold the Dykhouse SAC name.

They were also working on the second floor deck, which protrudes from the face of the building about 5 feet. There is very little area in front of the building on the ground floor, that can be developed as a "patio", but assume something will be done there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

RABBOT!!!
                  I'm officially pumped up. Where can I score a bunch of scrap metal, so I can start working on it in my garage?
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    To get this slightly back on track re the Dykhouse SAC...was by there today and they have the fascia above the brick all done and the lettering for "South Dakota State University" is above it and looks great. The next level down below the fascia will hold the Dykhouse SAC name.

They were also working on the second floor deck, which protrudes from the face of the building about 5 feet. There is very little area in front of the building on the ground floor, that can be developed as a "patio", but assume something will be done there.
                    I can't wait to see the progress on Saturday.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Wife just called, said the building looks great. She thinks the tailgate lot might be a bit muddy for tomorrow. I say it can dry out pretty quick if the rain would just stop. I don't mind exposing those spoiled Bison players and fans to some elements, however.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Wife just called, said the building looks great. She thinks the tailgate lot might be a bit muddy for tomorrow. I say it can dry out pretty quick if the rain would just stop. I don't mind exposing those spoiled Bison players and fans to some elements, however.
                        we had a full tailgate lot last week in the 25 degree weather.

looking forward to seeing the dykhouse

Comment

Can anyone take some pics of the Dykhouse center and post them? Gojacks.com has done a very poor job posting lastest pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
                            Can anyone take some pics of the Dykhouse center and post them? Gojacks.com has done a very poor job posting lastest pics.
                            Ill go take some pics for ya, but itll be with my cell phone so i make no quality promises on them.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Dykhouse Center looked reallllll cool on TV in PAT & FG shots

Comment

You mean that--

"Even with the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center moving at a glacial pace and Coughlin-Alumni in glaring need of FieldTurf, it was a big-time atmosphere that awaited NDSU in Brookings" -stu whitney

Comment

Working...
                                X