Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tape of NDSU game

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
    Footballfan said over on bisonville.com that Eric may have a torn MCL. I believe he also said he was to have an MRI today.
    He did tear is MCL. He'll be fine in 4-6 weeks depending on the tear. For a knee, it's not a major problem and will repair itself. No surgery neccessary. He may even be back sooner because he won't have to be on the football field. All they'll need him for will be workouts and he can still do that. I'm sure he'll be fine when second semester starts.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
      He did tear is MCL. He'll be fine in 4-6 weeks depending on the tear. For a knee, it's not a major problem and will repair itself. No surgery neccessary. He may even be back sooner because he won't have to be on the football field. All they'll need him for will be workouts and he can still do that. I'm sure he'll be fine when second semester starts.
      That's good news (not that he is hurt...but that it isn't too bad). He's a GREAT part of our defense. Look forward to seeing him play next year again.

Back to the thread, will be watching for the tape JJ. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
        FYI-Joe Mays was playing with a hip pointer.
        Thanks I was not aware of the hip pointer. I sure a number of players on both sides were playing banged up or with some types of injuries. I dont consider that an excuse though. I had my eye on No 8 the whole time SDSU had the ball. Joe is a great player IMO. He did get a bunch of tackles even with the hip pointer so its kind of tough way to end your college career. I sure he was not as quick as he had been in other games.

Its a tough to end 11 weeks of play with out a bruise or injury of some sort.

I wondered also about Eric Schroeder injury as well as he appeared to have more than a rung bell type of experience. I too am anxious to see Eric play again next year. He is indeed a big part of our defense and plays with a great deal of heart.

Just to stay on topic, the game tape should show all a lot of great plays and individual actions that we missed the day of the game.

Comment

Not to continue talking about Joe Mays, but I was extremely impressed by him. He disrupted our offense the whole game. Without him, I think our line would have dominated even more. I'm looking forward to our O-line against a Mays-less Bison defense next year.

Comment

Eric will be back full speed by the start of off season workouts.......Brace and some rehab now and all will be fine.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Footballfan:

Good news we need Eric and his dad is not a bad guy either. Makes good chili.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Footballfan:

Good news we need Eric and his dad is not a bad guy either. Makes good chili.
                His turkey burgers are pretty good too.

Comment

Yeh...but he wasn't stocking magaritas at the tailgate...just kidding football fan!!! Really good news about Eric. He is going to have a terrific year next year!

Comment

Eric has my vote for most glaring omission from the 1st team all-conference team. D-tackle is an unglamorous position and doesn't get much attention, and that may have hurt him (with the inclusion of 3 DE's on 1st team). Last week I had someone "in the know" compare him to ex-great SDSU player, Zach Carter, in size and ability. That's lofty praise. Here's hoping he uses the injury during the NDSU game and the slight by the other coaches as ammunition against the Gateway teams next year. Get well fast, Eric.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      Eric has my vote for most glaring omission from the 1st team all-conference team. D-tackle is an unglamorous position and doesn't get much attention, and that may have hurt him (with the inclusion of 3 DE's on 1st team). Last week I had someone "in the know" compare him to ex-great SDSU player, Zach Carter, in size and ability. That's lofty praise. Here's hoping he uses the injury during the NDSU game and the slight by the other coaches as ammunition against the Gateway teams next year. Get well fast, Eric.
                      No way Eric isn't first team at D-tackle. That was a screw-up for sure. We all know he has as much talent as any other D-tackle and I'd wager that he has more heart and desire than any of them. Eric will be back at full speed in no time. Can't wait to watch him against Iowa State and the Gateway next season.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

So this thread is dead, when is the DVD coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                          So this thread is dead, when is the DVD coming out?
                          Still waiting on audio from WNAX. Should be done this week. You'll see a link on gojacks.com when it's done.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Still waiting on audio from WNAX. Should be done this week. You'll see a link on gojacks.com when it's done.
                            Insert snarky webcast comment here . . .

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

anything new with the tape JimmyJack?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                anything new with the tape JimmyJack?
                                Believe it or not: Still waiting on WNAX. I have no idea what the hold up is from their end.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X