Tape of NDSU game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tape of NDSU game

Awesome idea. Put the NDSU game on DVD, along with a highlights package of the other games. Sell them at the bookstore and Scheels, and over the internet. Need to get them out right away for Christmas shoppers. I'd pay $25 for that.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I would be most interested in the NDSU game and plays were rushing yards were gained. I am interested in seeing how we got past NDSU's No 8, Joe Mays. I think Mays is one best middle line backers around. He has been hard on SDSU in the past, and Saturday, we got by him a few times.
      FYI-Joe Mays was playing with a hip pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post

FYI - Kubesh was playing with a broken leg. Small-bone in back of the leg by the calf muscle??? Tibia??? Doc, can you help?? I'm a finance major.

Go Jacks!!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I didn't say anything about Kubesh. Thanks for the info anyways.

I was replying to the comment on Joe Mays.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
            Bison fans just can't accept the reality they were beaten by a better team and just keep rolling out the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Bison fans just can't accept the reality they were beaten by a better team and just keep rolling out the excuses.

I agree...I also noticed over on Bisonville that Coach Bohl was interviewed on one of the news stations in Fargo and said that Western Ill and Sam Houston State where the two toughest teams they played this year. "Granted, I do not know the context of the question asked." http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11773

Maybe a little payback from when Stig said Montana was the toughest team SDSU played in 2006???

Anywho...I wonder what team Tyler Roehl tought was tougher in 2007??

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I saw thought as well and thought it was a slap in the face. I do think there is a mutual respect between Stig and Bohl. Many Bison fans are in complete denial and are resorting to cutting down our facilities, Brookings and anything else they can think of. I can't wait for the day when the quality of facilities is not a reason to bypass the Jacks, but in the meantime we are doing just fine with the players we are bringing in!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Whoa. I never made an excuse I just stated a fact that Joe Mays was playing with a hip pointer. Where did I make an excuse?

I was the first one to congradulate the Jacks on their win. You can see the thread that I started. Here it is for reference:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6060

Comment

Anyhow ... getting back on topic. I would be interested in a tape of the game with audio (WNAX, I suppose) over the top of it. I don't know if the idea is making progress, but I'd like a keepsake of the first conference title in my lifetime plus several years.

Now, as for injuries ... both teams were pretty beat up ... moreso than the coaches let on. So, both sides can probably move on from that. And while I agree there are some Bison fans who are complaining (as there would have been Jacks fans had we lost), I think most have passed on proper congrats. Also, there's a difference between complaining and making an observation or statement. An observation/comment/statement isn't always a complaint, although it can be hard to tell the difference in type.

Let's focus our attention on winning in Fargo for the first time since the 1960s, eh? Well, OK ... maybe a little more basking in the glory, but then ... to the future.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      Anyhow ... getting back on topic. I would be interested in a tape of the game with audio (WNAX, I suppose) over the top of it. I don't know if the idea is making progress, but I'd like a keepsake of the first conference title in my lifetime plus several years.
                      Yup. That's the idea. I have a clean copy of the Daktronics video and I'm awaiting a clean copy of the WNAX broadcast from Jerry Oster (via Tyler Merriam). Once I get that, it'll come together quickly (just some minor editing and DVD authoring) and it'll be up to athletics to market it as they wish. That'll be available in plenty of time for Christmas.

We've discussed a season highlights DVD, but I don't think that'll happen until next year. It'll be easier to get road game video once we're in the Gateway. Right now, it's hard to get.

SDSUFANS.COM members, of course, will be the first to hear when it's done.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Count me in for both - Would love to have a copy - price would not be a problem. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

As was said before, both teams were playing through injuries. I seem to remember Eric Schroeder getting a lot of help off the field, only to be back out there again a few minutes later with a knee brace on. Our top receiver, Harris, was clearly slowed down by the ankle injury. There were a few other banged up Jacks too that still played.

When you're in the biggest game of your life, any player with heart would be out there unless they were injured. As was the case Saturday, by both teams.

Apologize for the continued thread drift.

Comment

You know what would be a nice bonus clip at the end of the game? The Fargo broadcast of the interception and the moments of the Jacks running to get the Marker ... or maybe of the fourth-down run and the last two minutes of the game, plus a bit more at the end. It's a little cruel and probably harder to come by, but ... it'd be a great way to savor the victory.

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Yup. That's the idea. I have a clean copy of the Daktronics video and I'm awaiting a clean copy of the WNAX broadcast from Jerry Oster (via Tyler Merriam). Once I get that, it'll come together quickly (just some minor editing and DVD authoring) and it'll be up to athletics to market it as they wish. That'll be available in plenty of time for Christmas.

We've discussed a season highlights DVD, but I don't think that'll happen until next year. It'll be easier to get road game video once we're in the Gateway. Right now, it's hard to get.

SDSUFANS.COM members, of course, will be the first to hear when it's done.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                              As was said before, both teams were playing through injuries. I seem to remember Eric Schroeder getting a lot of help off the field, only to be back out there again a few minutes later with a knee brace on. Our top receiver, Harris, was clearly slowed down by the ankle injury. There were a few other banged up Jacks too that still played.

When you're in the biggest game of your life, any player with heart would be out there unless they were injured. As was the case Saturday, by both teams.

Apologize for the continued thread drift.
                              Footballfan said over on bisonville.com that Eric may have a torn MCL. I believe he also said he was to have an MRI today.

Comment

To get a tape of any home game contact Micah Grenz at 688-6747 micah.grenz@sdstate.edu.

Comment

Working...
                                X