Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tape of NDSU game

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    Wasn't one of the stipulations to move the game back to a later time?

Going on that same day was an SDSU vs Montana mens basketball game, starting at 7 in Brookings.
    That was what Fox Sports North wanted, not NBC in ND and SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
      Forget the fact the game was not on TV. I don't know the details of the TV deal, but it is over and done, who cares? If SDSU-NDSU are going to get into a pissin' match about that now then something is wrong. SDSU does not have football history that was mentioned above and we are building a new fan base, so we are not comparing apples to apples, but hopefully we will be at the same level soon.

Back to topic...Thanks for the DVD, JJ and all your helpers. I picked mine up last night at the women's game. Played a little bit of it last night when I got home and will probably watch the entire game this afternoon. Thanks again. Looked like they were selling quite a few last night when I was there.
      I pretty much said that in my previous post, the game wasn't televised and no amount of complaing about it will change that. I just want the future games on, next year should happen and hopefully the October 18th date ensures it will happen in 2009. This rivarly will never grow if the games are not on TV.

Comment

I too would like to see future games on. I think it will happen as early as next year. Can't wait for football season!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I pretty much said that in my previous post, the game wasn't televised and no amount of complaing about it will change that. I just want the future games on, next year should happen and hopefully the October 18th date ensures it will happen in 2009. This rivarly will never grow if the games are not on TV.
          I, too, would hope that by 2009 the games will be televised. I don't know if I agree with you on the point that rivalry won't grow unless it is on TV. I think this is the big game for SDSU and think that it is for NDSU as long as we are in the same conference. I think it will continue to grow whether or not on TV. TV might help it a little, but I do not think it is imperative for growth. I do hope that this remains a friendly rivalry though. I know we get kicked around some on your board, but hope that both teams continue to battle and become national powers. We don't need a hate rivalry like we have had with other schools in the past...

Comment

I invite people to return to the topic of the thread.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I invite people to return to the topic of the thread.
              Sorry, thanks again JJ and friends for the DVD...

Comment

Did anyone else's DVD kind of "fuzz out" during Koenig's last TD run in the 4th quarter?
                I'm just wondering if it was just my DVD or everyone's.

What a great DVD! I watched the whole thing and it was really fun to watch. I was amazed how even though I knew the turnout of the game, my stomach was still a little tight(maybe it was all the Christmas Cookies), almost like that day.

Thanks for putting the work into it JJ! I hope it's turning some profit for either the journalism dept. for next year's highlight/video or the athletic dept!
                I would love it to be a yearly stocking stuffer!!

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Did anyone else's DVD kind of "fuzz out" during Koenig's last TD run in the 4th quarter?
                  I'm just wondering if it was just my DVD or everyone's.

What a great DVD! I watched the whole thing and it was really fun to watch. I was amazed how even though I knew the turnout of the game, my stomach was still a little tight(maybe it was all the Christmas Cookies), almost like that day.

Thanks for putting the work into it JJ! I hope it's turning some profit for either the journalism dept. for next year's highlight/video or the athletic dept!
                  I would love it to be a yearly stocking stuffer!!

Go Jacks!!
                  Shouldn't fuzz out. I would bring/send it back and we'll get you a new one. Most of the money's staying in athletics. Journalism will get a small cut, and we'll use it to buy equipment for students to use.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Do not know if this relevent to this thread, but the NDSU Football season was named the top team sport in North Dakota. The summary statement was the nearly undefeated season including the win at Minnesota and the season ending loss to SDSU. Gosh was great to hear that trailing statement on KFGO radio in Fargo.

Comment

• Re: Tape of NDSU game

Bought the football DVD at the basketball game on Sat night. Watched the first half of the game last night and just gotta say, Danny Batten is a freakin stud. The way he shook off some double teams, got hurries, sacks, rebounded after being cut to makes tackles, got held on plays (that weren't called), was amazing. Can't believe he was just a soph. this season.

I went to all the home games this year, and knew he was good. But being able to watch replays and pay more attention to him, just thought I had to comment and give him some props!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Bought the football DVD at the basketball game on Sat night. Watched the first half of the game last night and just gotta say, Danny Batten is a freakin stud. The way he shook off some double teams, got hurries, sacks, rebounded after being cut to makes tackles, got held on plays (that weren't called), was amazing. Can't believe he was just a soph. this season.

I went to all the home games this year, and knew he was good. But being able to watch replays and pay more attention to him, just thought I had to comment and give him some props!
                        I cant remember the good player who left, but Danny started his first game as a true freshman because of this departure. Danny seems to be a great player and sometimes its easy to miss what he does on certain plays. Thats not to take anything away from Eric Schoerder who works very close to Danny on a number of plays. Our defense is something to look forward to watching this fall.

Comment

Would've been great to have the Dakota Marker Trophy displayed up the stairs of Frost right before you get the turnstiles this past weekend. Just to rub it in a little!

Come to think of it, that's probably why the ADept. didn't have it up there, but I sure wish they would've.

BTW, great chant of "Let's play Football" by the student section! A tiny bit "busch league" but great fun anyway!!

Go Jacks!!
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            BTW, great chant of "Let's play Football" by the student section! A tiny bit "busch league" but great fun anyway!!

Go Jacks!!
                            That is a great chant. At the Washington St. vs. USC basketball game last week, the WSU student section chanted "OJ's Guilty". USC has a player named OJ Mayo. That is "busch league", but creative.

Go State!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                            X