Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tape of NDSU game

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I've thanked JJ elsewhere for all he does for SDSU sports fan, but having just had the opportunity on Christmas Day to sit down and watch the entire SDSU-NDSU DVD, all I can say is "WOW!!" Great job! Great DVD! Great win!
    Thanks. But all the credit goes to the Keyframe production crew, Steve, Jerry and Scotty for their call of the game, and Micah Grenz in Athletics for facilitating the distribution of the DVD. Good content and good distribution is everything when it comes to DVDs. A monkey could encode the video, author and copy DVDs. I'm the monkey.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Thanks. But all the credit goes to the Keyframe production crew, Steve, Jerry and Scotty for their call of the game, and Micah Grenz in Athletics for facilitating the distribution of the DVD. Good content and good distribution is everything when it comes to DVDs. A monkey could encode the video, author and copy DVDs. I'm the monkey.
      Well, every good project needs a General at the top...so I'll just thank you for being the top monkey!!

Comment

I was just watching the clip of the SDSU/NDSU game on gojacks.com for the 200th time and got to thinking.
        That would make a great commercial on televison for next year's season tickets. I get chills everytime of the shot of CAS from above and Aanonson burining by the Bison defenders and of course the students spilling onto the field with the team!
        I know commercials are expensive, but I think it's time, especailly if SDSU want's to attract that "fair-weather" Sioux Falls fan up to Brookings on a consistant basis. I know they say they do, but for now, other than the SDSU billboards(which I believe are geared towards the university as a whole), I don't remember seeing one single advertisement for SDSU athletics in SF, and remember...I'm a die hard and notice everything SDSU here in SF.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Steve Hallstrom, Sports Anchor at WDAY TV in Fargo had this to say on his sports opinion segment Upon Further Review during the 10:00 newscast the other night:

“A little curiosity about our friends at South Dakota State…"

“South Dakota State’s Athletic Department is selling video copies of the Jackrabbit’s football win over NDSU. The press release shouts: Relive the first conference title in 44 years! <begins snarky voice> This from the school that didn’t want the game televised because it was worried about a few hundred people staying home and keeping their ticket money in their pocket? Now you want to show what kind of team you have? If you’re a player or a coach on that team, makes you wonder how much faith the administration had in you in the first place.”

It should be noted that WDAY AM is the flagship station for NDSU football.
          If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
            Steve Hallstrom, Sports Anchor at WDAY TV in Fargo had this to say on his sports opinion segment Upon Further Review during the 10:00 newscast the other night:

“A little curiosity about our friends at South Dakota State…"

“South Dakota State’s Athletic Department is selling video copies of the Jackrabbit’s football win over NDSU. The press release shouts: Relive the first conference title in 44 years! <begins snarky voice> This from the school that didn’t want the game televised because it was worried about a few hundred people staying home and keeping their ticket money in their pocket? Now you want to show what kind of team you have? If you’re a player or a coach on that team, makes you wonder how much faith the administration had in you in the first place.”

It should be noted that WDAY AM is the flagship station for NDSU football.
            It's just embarrassing when small time sports anchors think they're on ESPN's The Sports Reporters and imagine that anyone anywhere cares about their "two cents". Sweet sassy molassy, it's another small market idiot offering his opinion!

Of course selling the DVD and refusing to televise are entirely consistent. The common denominator: Revenue.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

And we should care why some 2-bit talking head who's never done play-by-play is ripping on SDSU.

Those who can... announce on the radio. Those who can't... go on television!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Any criticism by a Bison fan, particularly an electronic media person, on the subject of SDSU's win, is meaningless. Let them complain or make snide comments. I think any objective viewer of the game will say NDSU didn't lose that game, they were beaten by SDSU. That's an important distinction. NDSU played well. SDSU played better. Let 'em complain about it.

The DVD of the game was made because a lot of us wanted to see a copy of the game and JimmyJack and those he works with, combined with the athletic department to meet the demand. A weak personality like Hallstrom makes me laugh.

Comment

You would think losing the game they would stop complaining about it not being on TV. Anyway, I'm picking up two copies of the DVD tonight at the womens game and can't wait to watch it when I get home.

Comment

I think Hallstrom has a point. I wouldn't have put it so harshly but in the end not putting the game on tv made your AD's decision look pretty bad. I know hindsight is 20/20 but if you guys don't want to get left in the dust getting games on tv is a must in DI.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      I think Hallstrom has a point. I wouldn't have put it so harshly but in the end not putting the game on tv made your AD's decision look pretty bad. I know hindsight is 20/20 but if you guys don't want to get left in the dust getting games on tv is a must in DI.
                      Who says it is any better in hindsight?? Not this SDSU fan. We had a record attendance at Coughlin Alumni Stadium, and absolutely no proof from NDSU that they would have turned out in the same numbers if the weather had gone wacky (which is at least a 50-50 proposition in the third week of November!)

I was with the administration in not succumbing to the pleas of NDSU to televise it, and I stand with them today. There will be time when television might be the option...but not that day! And by the way, our friends in Fargo aren't making a DVD of the game for their fans, are they? I'll volunteer to send Hallstrom one if he wants it. Good decision, good outcome...no second guessing needed (never gets you anwhere anyway!)

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Why?

Despite the fact that every Bison fan seems to believe he or she knows the details of the TV deal that was offered, the reality is that there are about five people on the planet who do know what the deal was. If Bison fans who didn't come down want to see the Dakota Marker game, we'll be glad to sell you a DVD.

SDSU is in a different position than NDSU. We're building a fan base for our football program, not welcoming 18,000 people into our stadium every game thanks to a great team and some stellar history. Winning in front of a record crowd in person will bring people back again. We know that for a fact. Watching the team on TV? How might one measure the long-term effects of that? About nobody watched the USD/Augie game on KELO. What did they see? Empty stands. Augie lost. Do you think Augie thinks that was a good deal?

Nobody who posts on discussion boards knows anything about what that deal entailed. There are rumors aplenty. My understanding is that it wasn't as simple as Bison fans (many of whom seem determined to Sioux-ify their new rivals) claim. My suggestions to Bison fans are: Don't demonize our AD for making a decision that was in the best interest of his university (and may not have been in your best interests.) And secondly, we're not UND. We respect you. Show us the same. (Go to Bisonville and see how much respect SDSU gets there... some... not much.)
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Why?

Despite the fact that every Bison fan seems to believe he or she knows the details of the TV deal that was offered, the reality is that there are about five people on the planet who do know what the deal was. If Bison fans who didn't come down want to see the Dakota Marker game, we'll be glad to sell you a DVD.

SDSU is in a different position than NDSU. We're building a fan base for our football program, not welcoming 18,000 people into our stadium every game thanks to a great team and some stellar history. Winning in front of a record crowd in person will bring people back again. We know that for a fact. Watching the team on TV? How might one measure the long-term effects of that? About nobody watched the USD/Augie game on KELO. What did they see? Empty stands. Augie lost. Do you think Augie thinks that was a good deal?

Nobody who posts on discussion boards knows anything about what that deal entailed. There are rumors aplenty. My understanding is that it wasn't as simple as Bison fans (many of whom seem determined to Sioux-ify their new rivals) claim. My suggestions to Bison fans are: Don't demonize our AD for making a decision that was in the best interest of his university (and may not have been in your best interests.) And secondly, we're not UND. We respect you. Show us the same. (Go to Bisonville and see how much respect SDSU gets there... some... not much.)

I'm only going to say that a strong source among the FM media pretty much said what the deal with the game was on statewide radio. I'll leave it at that because I want to leave this in the past because the future is where my concerns are at.

If Taylor doesn't get the marker game on next year I'll be ranting over at bisonville, this has nothing to do with your AD or trying to make you into UND. I have better things to do with my time then that. This is all about wanting to turn the marker game into a statewide event, for that to happen it needs to be on TV. That is what most Bison fans want and I hope that is what most SDSU fans want.

Comment

Forget the fact the game was not on TV. I don't know the details of the TV deal, but it is over and done, who cares? If SDSU-NDSU are going to get into a pissin' match about that now then something is wrong. SDSU does not have football history that was mentioned above and we are building a new fan base, so we are not comparing apples to apples, but hopefully we will be at the same level soon.

Back to topic...Thanks for the DVD, JJ and all your helpers. I picked mine up last night at the women's game. Played a little bit of it last night when I got home and will probably watch the entire game this afternoon. Thanks again. Looked like they were selling quite a few last night when I was there.

Comment

Wasn't one of the stipulations to move the game back to a later time?

Going on that same day was an SDSU vs Montana mens basketball game, starting at 7 in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                                Wasn't one of the stipulations to move the game back to a later time?

Going on that same day was an SDSU vs Montana mens basketball game, starting at 7 in Brookings.
                                I remember something like that. Would have been impossible to get the workers from the FB stadium to Frost in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X