Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turnout for Saturday's Game

Originally posted by agrabbit18 View Post
    I know that this is going to be a full house for sure. Does anyone have a guess at what the maximum crowd for a big-time game in Brookings might be? For example, if we had a 25,000 seat stadium could we draw a crowd of that size for a game? I wonder how many people may actually want to come to the game but are having second thoughts because the seats will be gone or they are afraid of not being able to get a ticket.

17,318 on Saturday.
    Good question. The stadium was very full at 15,000+ earlier this year. With new bleachers, I'm guessing we can get 16,500 in there. At 17,000 they'll be 10 deep in standing room around the field. It's going to be fun... for everyone except the security people.

I'm going to guess 16,700.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this weeks game. This is my first game that I will be seeing in person at Coughlin. I can't wait to watch a football game outside again. It's been 5 years since I've seen an outdoor football game in person. Way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by b1sonmike View Post
        I'm looking forward to this weeks game. This is my first game that I will be seeing in person at Coughlin. I can't wait to watch a football game outside again. It's been 5 years since I've seen an outdoor football game in person. Way too long.
        Looking forward to having you guys and can't wait for some good natured ribbing back and forth from both sides. Weather for Saturday looks excellent with a forecast of 47, should be a great time!

Comment

Any Bison Chislik being roasted for the Tailgate??? (LOL)

Can bet the Bison fans are bringing the Hosenpfeffer

Hope to see the fans stuffed all the way around for a Nov. game. I'll be happy if they break into the top 5 attendence at Coughlin. 16,500 sounds great.

Comment

Here's a nice article about our Great West Matchup... and the ONLY playoff game that NDSU will be competing in HAHA

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=89025

Oh ya did I mention, ITS THE GAME OF THE WEEK

Comment

Originally posted by fabio208 View Post
              Here's a nice article about our Great West Matchup... and the ONLY playoff game that NDSU will be competing in HAHA

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=89025

Oh ya did I mention, ITS THE GAME OF THE WEEK
              “We’re playing a formidable opponent,” said NDSU Coach Craig Bohl. “It is going to be a great challenge for us in playing our rival.”

For those that think NDSU isn't our rival right now is completely wrong. This is going to be a great RIVALRY GAME!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Unless there are 12K Bison fans and they are willing to sit on each other's laps...NO Chance!

Everyone in SD was busy getting their weekend honey-do lists done last Saturday so nothing will interfere with joining the other 12K Rabbit fans watching our boys whip the S#$t out of the Bison.

We're counting on 5K Bison fans for a new CAS record...Can you handle it??

Go Jacks!!
                I don't think 5k is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Any Bison Chislik being roasted for the Tailgate??? (LOL)

Can bet the Bison fans are bringing the Hosenpfeffer

Hope to see the fans stuffed all the way around for a Nov. game. I'll be happy if they break into the top 5 attendence at Coughlin. 16,500 sounds great.
                  We're fixing bison burgers at our tailgating spot along with some grilled potatoes and veges and some adult beverages...should be good! My guess is 16,782 in attendance
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    Christi Williams said on the WNAX broadcast during halftime of the SUU game that they'd evaluate ticket sales during the week and determine whether or not to bring in more/larger bleachers for the endzones. I would guess more bleachers are on the way. Anyone driven by CAS?
                    Ya, lots of extra bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Ya, lots of extra bleachers.
                      Pack'em in Rabbits!!! Make it warmer!

Welcome to posting Lake, keep'em coming.

Comment

Here is Terry V's article about the attendance for the game.

Record crowd possible at SDSU's football finale
                        But attendance has been down recently
                        By Terry Vandrovec
                        tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                        PUBLISHED: November 15, 2007

The last time South Dakota State hosted a No. 1-ranked football team: Oct. 19, 1985. The Jackrabbits won twice that day, defeating rival South Dakota 24-12 and drawing a record crowd of 16,193 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Sound familiar?

At 1 p.m. Saturday, SDSU will welcome current chief rival North Dakota State (10-0), winners of 14 in a row and the top-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision. The Jacks (6-4) are on a bit of a roll, as well, having won four straight. A victory would net them a top-25 ranking, the Dakota Marker Trophy and the Great West Football Conference title - the school's first league crown since 1963.
                        All reserved seats for the contest - the last for both teams in the NCAA Division I reclassification period - were sold by Monday, prompting athletic department officials to borrow additional sets of bleachers. As of Wednesday evening, the situation hadn't yet reached standing-room-only, but, athletic department officials have consulted with the physical plant regarding the number of people that could safely squeeze into Coughlin-Alumni. The answer: All of them.

"Definitely, a record crowd is possible," SDSU ticket manager Christi Williams said. "We're making all the plans we can that there is going to be that many people there as far as ushers and where we're placing people for security."
                        Fans aren't required to identify with one team when ordering tickets, so it's difficult to determine which club will have more support. But considering the Bison brought an estimated 30,000 fans for a road game at the Metrodome and the Jacks drew a meager 3,317 at home last week, an even split isn't out of the question.

In fact, SDSU hosted six athletic events last weekend, including the season openers for both basketball teams, a conference championship volleyball match and a football game, and drew a combined 8,660.

Football coach John Stiegelmeier said that attendance is not something he can control. However, he did plead with fans before last week's game in a video clip that found its way to YouTube.
                        "Attendance was obviously down, but in the same token we as a team and as Jackrabbits have to make our own atmosphere," junior defensive tackle Eric Schroeder said Saturday. "They helped when we needed it, but it wasn't like the 15,000 we're used to. It didn't play a huge factor today."

Officials chalked up the low numbers to a three-day weekend and suggested that many out-of-town supporters were waiting for this weekend; SDSU hosts Montana in men's basketball after the football game and Missouri in women's basketball Sunday afternoon.
                        Despite last week's dropoff, the Jacks are still averaging 10,193 fans per home game, among the top 40 in the FCS and the best in school history.
                        To read the rest of the article, here is the link

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...46/1002/SPORTS

Go State!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                          All reserved seats for the contest - the last for both teams in the NCAA Division I reclassification period - were sold by Monday, prompting athletic department officials to borrow additional sets of bleachers. As of Wednesday evening, the situation hadn't yet reached standing-room-only, but, athletic department officials have consulted with the physical plant regarding the number of people that could safely squeeze into Coughlin-Alumni. The answer: All of them.
                          Does this mean that they will not stop selling tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by agrabbit18 View Post
                            Does this mean that they will not stop selling tickets?
                            They'll keep selling them, you can count on it. Gonna be fun!!

ANOTHER great week to be a fan of the Jackrabbits!!

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

In EXACTLY 48 hours, the game will begin.

Wow it's gonna be a blast at CAS!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I don't live in ND so this doesn't really affect me. I was just wondering now that it sounds like SDSU will have good attendance, will Dr. Oien allow the game to be on tv in ND? I don't mean smack at all, I just really believe in televising games.

Comment

Working...
                                X