Turnout for Saturday's Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turnout for Saturday's Game

I remember everyone getting all excited that the attendence record was going to fall before the past two Hobo Days and those crowds were just a bit over 15K. That mark is probably the current ceiling for the SDSU fan base at CAS. A lot of fans and students only go to Hobo Day (and maybe the Beef Bowl). In addition, our November track record is less-than-stellar:

November crowds over 5,000 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium since 1999
    6112 on 11/4/2000 vs. USD
    5023 on 11/2/2002 vs. USD
    8464 on 11/1/2003 vs. SCSU (Hobo Day - game time temp was 30 degrees)
    13,116 on 11/6/2004 vs. Augie (Hobo Day - game time temp was 66 degrees)

I hope I'm proven wrong and 12k+ SDSU fans show up on Saturday. If we do break a record, we're probably going to have to send a thank you note to NDSU...

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
      I remember everyone getting all excited that the attendence record was going to fall before the past two Hobo Days and those crowds were just a bit over 15K. That mark is probably the current ceiling for the SDSU fan base at CAS. A lot of fans and students only go to Hobo Day (and maybe the Beef Bowl). In addition, our November track record is less-than-stellar:

I hope I'm proven wrong and 12k+ SDSU fans show up on Saturday. If we do break a record, we're probably going to have to send a thank you note to NDSU...
      they sold out the reserve tickets early monday.... thats between 9-10 thousand there.... Up on bisonville most people are buying GA tickets... expect a huge student crowd for the reasons I put up earlier... its a reason for the kids to get drunk and yell at people for (not that i promote that in any such way)

Comment

Our band will only be about 100 strong (insert your own comment here about how many more NDSU will bring) so they either have sold or will sell most of that section.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That shabby track record doesn't matter this weekend ... the record's going down ... probably a tad over 17,000 in the stands Saturday.

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post

Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            so at what point do they quit selling tickets? 16000? 17000? or when? i have my tickets but was just curious. and where the heck are they going to put the ndsu band at now?
            There is no such thing as a "sell out" at Coughlin. People will simply have to stand in the corners or any place they can.

Comment

10:03 p.m. Tuesday ... a handfull of single reserved left in Section L, the northernmost section. No doubles. GA, of course, still available. We will test the theory that CAS can never sell out Saturday.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Man, I sure wish we could get a game with USD next year, we are lost without having our rival on the schedule anymore...

Comment

I just checked the most recent weather forecast for saturday and it's looking pretty nice. High of 47, partly cloudy and a 10 mph wind. I think the nice weather has really made the decision easier for alot of Bison fans. It's gonna be a packed house.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Man, I sure wish we could get a game with USD next year, we are lost without having our rival on the schedule anymore...
                    Good one. Rep points.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Cubby's Sports Bar and Grill is having KEGS & EGGS at 9AM on NOV 17th for free to get everyone ready for the game.....You best show up!

This would be something good to go to before tailgating!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        If USD was on the schedule we would probably have 2 games with big attendance. Which would you rather have in a season, 1 game with NDSU with big attendance (along with 3,000 for Southern Utah) or a season that has a game with NDSU and with USD in the same year for 2 big attendance games? I think the answer is obvious, if you're not blinded by USD hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
                          If USD was on the schedule we would probably have 2 games with big attendance. Which would you rather have in a season, 1 game with NDSU with big attendance (along with 3,000 for Southern Utah) or a season that has a game with NDSU and with USD in the same year for 2 big attendance games? I think the answer is obvious, if you're not blinded by USD hate.
                          Lets not start this debate again. There are no good reasons to play USD right now. If they advance to our level then I am open to considering a game with USD in Brookings. Otherwise no.

Looking foward to a great crowd at the NDSU game. If you are not planning to be there, what the hell are you thinking? (not directed at Jacks-D1)
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Looking foward to a great crowd at the NDSU game. If you are not planning to be there, what the hell are you thinking? (not directed at Jacks-D1)
                            Rep points for that! I agree 100%!!!!!

Comment

I know that this is going to be a full house for sure. Does anyone have a guess at what the maximum crowd for a big-time game in Brookings might be? For example, if we had a 25,000 seat stadium could we draw a crowd of that size for a game? I wonder how many people may actually want to come to the game but are having second thoughts because the seats will be gone or they are afraid of not being able to get a ticket.

17,318 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by agrabbit18 View Post
                                I know that this is going to be a full house for sure. Does anyone have a guess at what the maximum crowd for a big-time game in Brookings might be? For example, if we had a 25,000 seat stadium could we draw a crowd of that size for a game? I wonder how many people may actually want to come to the game but are having second thoughts because the seats will be gone or they are afraid of not being able to get a ticket.

17,318 on Saturday.
                                I hope people just call ahead and reserve their ticket at will call. There really isn't a bad seat in the stadium. A history of 1 or 2 games per 10 years close to selling out isn't a good enough reason to expand the stadium. I'm not sure what the capacity of the east side grandstand will be when its built, nor am I sure what the new west side will be like. I would expect capacity to be less than 20,000. Having tickets at a premium is a good thing.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X