Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Georgia Southern

I think the problem was getting down big..... great effort but not enough a iffy ruffing the punter call and a field goal that went wide right... wonder if him getting plowed over on the previous pat had anything to do with it.

Comment

We can't keep getting into games that are decided in the final seconds. The coaching staff and team needs to be in a postion to lock up a win before the final gun. Our luck was bound to run out in games like these.

Parker will make the next one, no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        "or we are just the same mediocre program" ... I think you're onto something there. At least for now. We need a QB who is a threat. We don't have that now.
        I think you're being too tough on Berry. As I recall, he didn't fumble on those two plays where GSU got defensive touchdowns. Those were the difference in the game. He stood in there and delivered the ball well the entire game.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Again, Parker makes that kick 9 out 10 times. That doesn't matter now.

Stig will get these guys ready for Poly. I don't know if I can be there but I'm sure thinking hard about making sure I am. Great comeback by the Jacks. I don't want to be a fan of any other team. I'm disappointed and at the same time proud to be a Jackrabbit.

One hell of an effort in the 2nd half. What am I gonna do with no Jacks game next weekend?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG (Doing my best Charlie Brown imitation)

That was one hell of a game, and we blew a super comeback.

I suspect that the leg hit on Douglass did set him off a bit.

Longest kick of season for the GSU kicker by 15 yds!

We had the chance but didn't succeed. As a watcher in the 70's and 80's, we had too many games like this.

Comment

Here is the reason we lost for all you superstitous ones out there, at half time my father goes says its over and goes to take a nap, and we rally to a 38-38 tie. He then wakes up comes back to the room I'm in and sits down. Parker then misses the field goal, and Berry is picked off, and they kick the game winner. Unbelieveable, believe it. You can PM him at Buster_Bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Could this sports weekend get any worse. Yankees Fan, Jacks Fan. Doc, do you feel me?
                Tell me about it. I guess my day off tomorrow comes at the right time. Crestfallen seems a little harsh, empty maybe a better way to describe how I feel.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Great game, jacks.
                  All due respect to you guys and your program. I had 2 coroneries in the 2nd half.
                  I would say that both teams would say that they each gave away a half to the other. It just came down to turnovers, and one clutch monster kick. Not sure why your coach didn't throw to Harris in the 2nd half. He was eating us up.
                  I told you guys that we were vulnerable.
                  Good luck in the Gateway. You'll do very well right away in that league.
                  That said, I hope we never play you again. My heart can't take it.
                  Mad props and respect to South Dakota State. You're corn fed hogs up front dominated us in the 2nd half. great game.

When our A.D. first scheduled you guys, there were a lot of grumbles among GSU fans. I have to say that I am man enough to admit that I was wrong about that. You guys have a up-and-coming program. But like I said, I hope we never play you again. But it's not for the same reason as it was a few years ago.

Comment

Phone calls and text messages just stopped. All my USD friends must have been listening to the game. Man, I am just sick, too many of these games through the years. We GOT to win some of these games. Reluctantly, I have to hand it to GSU, they stayed in there and held it together long enough to win. Take a break and come back on the 20th. See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by GSUisYourDad View Post
                      Great game, jacks.
                      All due respect to you guys and your program. I had 2 coroneries in the 2nd half.
                      I would say that both teams would say that they each gave away a half to the other. It just came down to turnovers, and one clutch monster kick. Not sure why your coach didn't throw to Harris in the 2nd half. He was eating us up.
                      I told you guys that we were vulnerable.
                      Good luck in the Gateway. You'll do very well right away in that league.
                      That said, I hope we never play you again. My heart can't take it.
                      Mad props and respect to South Dakota State. You're corn fed hogs up front dominated us in the 2nd half. great game.

When our A.D. first scheduled you guys, there were a lot of grumbles among GSU fans. I have to say that I am man enough to admit that I was wrong about that. You guys have a up-and-coming program. But like I said, I hope we never play you again. But it's not for the same reason as it was a few years ago.
                      Thanks for the kind words. I am still aching. My daughter and I (a student at SDSU) just about cries when the kick went through. Kudos to your kicker for his big gonads in that kick. Have enjoyed jawing with you throughout the week.

Comment

ESPN Box Score for those interested.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxsco...0290&confId=81
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                          Phone calls and text messages just stopped. All my USD friends must have been listening to the game. Man, I am just sick, too many of these games through the years. We GOT to win some of these games. Reluctantly, I have to hand it to GSU, they stayed in there and held it together long enough to win. Take a break and come back on the 20th. See you there.
                          "USD friends"
                          I think that might be your problem. I have a way to fix that

Just kidding around, still stinging for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                            "USD friends"
                            I think that might be your problem. I have a way to fix that

Just kidding around, still stinging for me as well.
                            Let me re-phrase that - "USD aquaintances" No one dislikes them more than me...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              Let me re-phrase that - "USD aquaintances" No one dislikes them more than me...
                              I would like to argue with you about that point. Dislike if too soft for me, I hate yote fans even more than I hate Red Sox fans. Way to irrational for me.

Comment

Your speed has definitely improved as well. Your D did an outstanding job of containing J-Foz in the 2nd half. Nobody has been able to do that this year. I guess take solace in that.
                                Again, good luck for the rest of the season. I'm out.

if you ever get bored, and/or need some toilet reading, try www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X