Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Georgia Southern

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    One play doesn't cost us that game. Don't blame Berry for the loss because of that last INT.
    I agree, but c'mon.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      JackMD: Am I too young to experience a heart attack?
      I can't believe he just made that. This truly sucks. Great kick by that kid but we blew that game. Gotta win games like this or we are just the same mediocre program at the DI level as we were at the DII level. 2-4 and should be 4-2. How many times have I said that? This is worse than the W. Ill. game and I have the whole night ahead of me yet. Gonna rely on some 2-carbon fragments tonight. How does Hank say it?
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

One play doesn't cost us that game. Don't blame Berry for the loss because of that last INT.
        You have a point, but why would you FLOAT a pass into 3 defenders. I don't mind passing the ball, but it should at least be makable.

On the other hand, you can't give up 2 defensive touchdowns and win may games. ALL of the turnovers lost us this game.

Comment

Yeah, the first half turnovers did us in. Defense played well. Offense had flashes.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Soooo....did they just pull the video and the audio feeds?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hard not to when history keep repeating itself.

Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

What can you say. I'm not going to Coyote_Fan this one and claim that we deserved to win. It's not Berry's fault. He played well, but made some mistakes. We made plenty of dumb plays and they took advantage of us.

Let me look on the bright side (not easy right now): From the beginning of our transition to now, we've gone from 63-7 losers at GSU to taking them to the limit after making lots of dumb plays. Granted, this isn't the same GSU team, but they're pretty good. I know moral victories don't mean much, and I'm not going to claim one. But you have to try to find positives in a loss, or you'll never get better. This might be the best team we have had in FCS, but we just aren't quite there yet.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yeah, got to credit the offensive first half and a true freshman back near home overdoing it on one play with this loss. Parker is going to be taking this very hard, as will Ryan. Now we have two weeks to try to figure out how to stop Ramses Barden and a qb that can throw it
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    Crucial pick ... come on, Ryan ... think!
                    2nd time this year the INT cost us a game in the last minute!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      What can you say. I'm not going to Coyote_Fan this one and claim that we deserved to win. It's not Berry's fault. He played well, but made some mistakes. We made plenty of dumb plays and they took advantage of us.
                      I don't think we deserved to win, but how many times is a team going to get 2 candy hop fumbles for touchdowns? I think GSU should thank the good lord before they go to bed tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        If Berry didn't have an amazing second half that pick doesn't matter.

Don't pin this loss on him, he didn't fumble the ball 3 times in the first half.

He was the only reason this game was close.
                        At least Berry was trying to make a play when he threw the pick. Plenty of other errors were made without an excuse. I don't care how we lost this game I'm just sick about the fact that our guys out played them in the 2nd half and have absolutely (and I mean absolutely) nothing to show for it. A loss is a loss and I gotta tell you it hurts.

Parker needs to make that FG. I'm sure I'll catch some hell for saying it but our guys expect him to make that kick. He has to make that kick.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

"or we are just the same mediocre program" ... I think you're onto something there. At least for now. We need a QB who is a threat. We don't have that now.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I can't believe he just made that. This truly sucks. Great kick by that kid but we blew that game. Gotta win games like this or we are just the same mediocre program at the DI level as we were at the DII level. 2-4 and should be 4-2. How many times have I said that? This is worse than the W. Ill. game and I have the whole night ahead of me yet. Gonna rely on some 2-carbon fragments tonight. How does Hank say it?
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Man that one just gutted me! Got to hand it to the Jacks, they showed some great strength coming back. But unfortunately, it is still a loss and there are no more moral victories, We need wins, not just good games. Too many TO's and stupid penalties.

Comment

Alright...I'm in and out of my office all afternoon and mostly just heard the announcers because this was the most terrible feeds I have ever seen (or should I mention freeze frames).. Then I finally see the last kick and my feed shuts off....someone owes me some money back...this blows real hard.

Comment

Could this sports weekend get any worse. Yankees Fan, Jacks Fan. Doc, do you feel me?
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X