Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Southern

Up next are the Eagles. They are 3-1 this season. They look to be much improved and getting back to their traditional winning ways. This will be a much tougher game for the Jacks and is a game this program needs to win. Here is more on the Eagles.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...90&SPSID=90301
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Re: Georgia Southern

Noticed their website looks a lot like ours and NDSU's...namely the video feed portion of the page. Any chance these guys use XOS and we'll get to see the game online?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
      Noticed their website looks a lot like ours and NDSU's...namely the video feed portion of the page. Any chance these guys use XOS and we'll get to see the game online?
      From the page source:

"The server is www8.xosn.com"

So, yes, it is XOS. I'll ask if gojacks.com will be carrying the feed.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hello SDSU fans..

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Statesboro next Saturday afternoon....

I'm sure some of you are curious as to the type of game you can expect from our Eagles this year.

Well, good news and bad news..

The BAD news is that our team is so banged up (we started our 4th string rb this past Saturday against W. Carolina.) we never know from one weekend to the next what to expect. We've had "fumbleitis" and "penaltitis" a couple of times but last weekend that wasn't the case.

We are on our third head coach in three years, but gratefully I think we finally got it right. Our new Head Coach, Chris Hatcher is, IMO, going to make the GSU football program respectful again, but it'll take 2-3 years to get his guys and offense in place.

In the meantime Coach Hatcher is doing what he can with the talent he has available, and IMO overachieving in that effort. He has players on the team from the old triple option under Coach Sewak, players recruited by the idiot BVGoober last season, with more of a pro type running game in mind, and a few of his own recruits he was able to corral during his abbreviated recruiting season earlier this year.

Our Eagles are a question mark.. We have some very talented players, individually, but I don't think they have matured into a "team" quite well just yet. This past Saturday night our Eagles looked as good as I've seen them so far this year, so maybe things are looking up.

We aren't the Eagles of old, but thankfully we are getting better, so hopefully we can give your Jackrabbits a contest.

Hope all of your fans, team and all associated with SDSU have a great trip down to SE Georgia, are well treated by OUR fans, and when the smoke clears our Eagles have managed to hold on to win and we are all stilll friends..

We know your Jackrabbits will bring their "A" game... Hope we do too.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. The good news is we have Jayson Foster at QB..

Comment

Isn't Jayson the 5'10 265 fullback from the old triple option offense of Sewak?
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by PX View Post
            Hello SDSU fans..

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Statesboro next Saturday afternoon....

I'm sure some of you are curious as to the type of game you can expect from our Eagles this year.

Well, good news and bad news..

The BAD news is that our team is so banged up (we started our 4th string rb this past Saturday against W. Carolina.) we never know from one weekend to the next what to expect. We've had "fumbleitis" and "penaltitis" a couple of times but last weekend that wasn't the case.

We are on our third head coach in three years, but gratefully I think we finally got it right. Our new Head Coach, Chris Hatcher is, IMO, going to make the GSU football program respectful again, but it'll take 2-3 years to get his guys and offense in place.

In the meantime Coach Hatcher is doing what he can with the talent he has available, and IMO overachieving in that effort. He has players on the team from the old triple option under Coach Sewak, players recruited by the idiot BVGoober last season, with more of a pro type running game in mind, and a few of his own recruits he was able to corral during his abbreviated recruiting season earlier this year.

Our Eagles are a question mark.. We have some very talented players, individually, but I don't think they have matured into a "team" quite well just yet. This past Saturday night our Eagles looked as good as I've seen them so far this year, so maybe things are looking up.

We aren't the Eagles of old, but thankfully we are getting better, so hopefully we can give your Jackrabbits a contest.

Hope all of your fans, team and all associated with SDSU have a great trip down to SE Georgia, are well treated by OUR fans, and when the smoke clears our Eagles have managed to hold on to win and we are all stilll friends..

We know your Jackrabbits will bring their "A" game... Hope we do too.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. The good news is we have Jayson Foster at QB..

I would hope our chances are better than they were the first trip down to GSU in 2004. We did not do so good as I recall. I am sure GSU has some great material to work with and will no doubt be tough to beat. I read about the coaching changes but if you got the guy who knows how to win, that is not good news.

Our defense has been awesome the past two games. (83-3)
            I dont know whether its the low quality of opponents, two Southland Conference teams, Texas State and Stephen F Austin, or has SDSU finally arrived on the D side of the ball. I hope the later and not the former is true. The way our guys have played, I get the feeling we could beat just about anyone we play. We will find out sooner than later this coming Saturday. I wish I could make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I would hope our chances are better than they were the first trip down to GSU in 2004. We did not do so good as I recall. I am sure GSU has some great material to work with and will no doubt be tough to beat. I read about the coaching changes but if you got the guy who knows how to win, that is not good news.

Our defense has been awesome the past two games. (83-3)
              I dont know whether its the low quality of opponents, two Southland Conference teams, Texas State and Stephen F Austin, or has SDSU finally arrived on the D side of the ball. I hope the later and not the former is true. The way our guys have played, I get the feeling we could beat just about anyone we play. We will find out sooner than later this coming Saturday. I wish I could make the trip.

Nidaros:

Yep, I saw both of our previous games.. The first one in Statesboro I enjoyed, but the next one at your house was scary... We GSU fans have a great deal of respect for your program, and know we are our Eagles are going to need to bring their lunches for the game Saturday.

I like it that for whatever reason this little rivalry between the Jackrabbits and the Eagles makes for great competition, but with none of the distaste we feel for say, Furman, or App State... You beat us, or we beat you, either way I think we'll all see some good football on Saturday.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Hopefully you can see the game on XOS?

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                Isn't Jayson the 5'10 265 fullback from the old triple option offense of Sewak?
                FWIW:

Jayson was the quarterback for Sewak one season I believe.. Last year our goofy "one hit wonder" Brian Van Goofball moved him to wide receiver..... BVG was dumber than a rock.

Jayson has been our qb all season. He is a small dude, but he makes up for his small size by being slow!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Comment

Yeah, Jayson Foster tore us up pretty good at CAS two years ago (178 yds, 3 TDs on the ground plus 131 yards in air on just seven attempts).

We'll be gunning for him.

Comment

This game will be a real test for the Jackrabbits. We will all learn a lot about our team on Saturday. We are catching a proud team on the comeback from a decline they have never seen. The last two weeks we faced teams that got down and went away after a few bad things happened, that won't happen this week. The Jacks are going to have to fight for everything they get no matter what the score is.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

This game may end up being a shootout like the game in Brookings. It was a very exciting game and the weather was great. You should expect pretty descent weather. Never know how hot it is going to be.

How many fans do you think will make the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                        Yeah, Jayson Foster tore us up pretty good at CAS two years ago (178 yds, 3 TDs on the ground plus 131 yards in air on just seven attempts).

We'll be gunning for him.
                        We couldn't tackle him when he was a sophomore. Now he's a wily senior. Our D will have to step it up this week. That young man is a stud.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Looking forward to watching the game at Georgia Southern and tailgating with our Eagle friends. The Defense has played well, but will have to step it up even more to slow down the Eagles. They know what they are up against and will be ready. See all you Eagle fans on Saturday

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
                          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Talked to Preston Crumley's dad after lunch. Preston went out in the first half with what looked like a bad knee injury, but came back and played some in the second half. He is having an MRI on Tuesday. His Dad didn't think it was going to be anything too serious and said Preston was planning on playing this weekend. Hope it stays good news for Preston...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglegus-2 View Post
                              This game may end up being a shootout like the game in Brookings. It was a very exciting game and the weather was great. You should expect pretty descent weather. Never know how hot it is going to be.
                              This is what I expect, the winner will probably be the team with the ball last

Comment

Working...
                              X