Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Semifinal - Friday 12/15 at 6 PM vs Albany (aka The Big Dogs-TBD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their coach in the ESPN interview said they'd be getting up early and flying to South Dakota. Someone on their message board/AGS who "trusts their source" said the same thing. "I was just told that this is indeed the case due to the start time of 7pm Friday. They would not get back to Albany until 9-10 EST Sunday...then would have to fly out Wed morning. Wouldn't get more than a single practice in."

Albany message board

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
      officiating crew is from the valley. Tyler commented on the referee's diction a few weeks back
      ESPN commented on it too.

I watched some of the replay of the Villanova game, and they indicated Jacks' crew was Big Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Fun team to watch. I'm sure they mentioned this on the broadcast but their qb was runner-up to McCoy last year for the Jerry Rice Award. They're really leaving it all on the field. I know it's the playoffs and everyone is hurt, but their freshman rb is hobbling after nearly every rush. Seems the leading receiver is battling, too.

They seemed to channel their inner Nebraska last year. 1-5 in one score games.

forgot to mention the punter on that one return. Dude shed a block and then pushed the returner out of bounds which was impressive
        He was gimpy afterward too

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          Jacks should have an easier time than against Villanova. Albany won't be in their beds until tomorrow night and have to fly back across the country on Thursday. Wear and tear is real, '21 Jacks are the epitome of that. Play disciplined and wear them down, run right at that pass rush.
          I trust the Jacks will not believe this. I'd argue Poffenbarger is the best passer the Jacks have faced all season. However, I think he's less mobile than Watkins, so the Jacks may be able to rack up a few mre sacks

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I trust the Jacks will not believe this. I'd argue Poffenbarger is the best passer the Jacks have faced all season. However, I think he's less mobile than Watkins, so the Jacks may be able to rack up a few mre sacks
            Villanova had an NFL sized offensive line and has a better running game than Albany from what I saw watching the first half of Albany-Idaho. And a more conventional defense compared to the 3-3-5 that the Jacks saw yesterday.

Comment

The NCAA really screwed over Albany by allowing their game to be played that late last night and then making them play the Friday semi-final. I can understand the concept of keeping them in SD because of travel, but it's got to be tough to live out of a suitcase for 9 days and do a game prep in completely unfamiliar surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Villanova had an NFL sized offensive line and has a better running game than Albany from what I saw watching the first half of Albany-Idaho. And a more conventional defense compared to the 3-3-5 that the Jacks saw yesterday.
                I'm definitely not betting against the Jacks, but there are aspects of Albany's game that lead me to believe they won't be "eaiser than" 'Nova. Regardless, I'm glad you mentioned 'Nova's defensive scheme; I wish that were considered more when folks gnash their teeth regarding playcalling in the first half.

Tyler mentioned multiple times that Bock couldn't leave game yesterday. Did I miss a Williamson injury last week?

Also, couldn't one of the Kuslers spell Bock for at least a play or two?

Comment

I'm definitely not betting against the Jacks, but there are aspects of Albany's game that lead me to believe they won't be "eaiser than" 'Nova. Regardless, I'm glad you mentioned 'Nova's defensive scheme; I wish that were considered more when folks gnash their teeth regarding playcalling in the first half.

Tyler mentioned multiple times that Bock couldn't leave game yesterday. Did I miss a Williamson injury last week?

Also, couldn't one of the Kuslers spell Bock for at least a play or two?
                  Williamson was serving a one game suspension.

Comment

Williamson was serving a one game suspension.
                    Dang, I'd have thought that hype video for the Mercer game would engender some goodwill. Hope the reason was just due to a momentary lapse in judgment on Williamson's part

Your "inside info." has me wondering whether Eck/Schleusner might be asked about/willing to share some Albany intel.

Comment

Poffenbarger's ability to drop those long passes on target while on the move has to make one a little nervous that they'll get a huge play or two. He and Brevin Easton put on quite a show. Easton looked pretty beat up by the end though. There's not much recovery time, especially if they're spending the next 5 days in a hotel.

How will all that passing translate to a mid-December, night game in South Dakota? Our DB's would have to be excited about opportunities to get their hands on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Poffenbarger's ability to drop those long passes on target while on the move has to make one a little nervous that they'll get a huge play or two. He and Brevin Easton put on quite a show. Easton looked pretty beat up by the end though. There's not much recovery time, especially if they're spending the next 5 days in a hotel.

How will all that passing translate to a mid-December, night game in South Dakota? Our DB's would have to be excited about opportunities to get their hands on the ball.
                        Are we sure they're staying in a hotel?

Their board is indicating the plane returned to Abany with a stop in SLC, although they admitted they weren't sure if it was only Admin./support staff returning or if the team was returning too

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

It certainly won't be dome-like conditions, even if the wind isn't a factor. I think the Jacks also will get more of a pass rush, especially with their ability to rotate d-linemen.

Comment

Who knew that salemjack's use of TBD could fortuitously be used as a "The Big Dogs" acronym

Comment

It certainly won't be dome-like conditions, even if the wind isn't a factor. I think the Jacks also will get more of a pass rush, especially with their ability to rotate d-linemen.
                              Not only that, but the Jacks' blitz schemes could be more likely to be successful

Comment

He is pretty inaccurate, I'm hoping for a pick or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X