Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Semifinal - Friday 12/15 at 6 PM vs Albany (aka The Big Dogs-TBD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Semifinal - Friday 12/15 at 6 PM vs Albany (aka The Big Dogs-TBD)

Friday night lights!

Tickets just went on sale. If your friends want good tickets let them know!

I am hoping for Idaho, although it will be a tough game, I would enjoy seeing Eck back in town.

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Friday night lights!

Tickets just went on sale. If your friends want good tickets let them know!

I am hoping for Idaho, although it will be a tough game, I would enjoy seeing Eck back in town.
    Let's hope the opponents' fans think the game is 9/15

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Let's hope the opponents' fans think the game is 9/15
      Yikes.

Must be the 9 bar getting into my head.

Comment

Can’t wait to be there for a mid-December night game!

Comment

Either opponent will be making their first trip to Brookings, with the Jacks having played Idaho (once in 1979 and winning) and never having played Albany.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Either opponent will be making their first trip to Brookings, with the Jacks having played Idaho (once in 1979 and winning) and never having played Albany.
            Idaho is really a lippy and chippy bunch.

Comment

So far, Albany and Idaho look like two pretty evenly matched teams.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Idaho is really a lippy and chippy bunch.
                I was going to post that Jacks will need to exercise restraint regardless of who wins this game, although maybe Albany's behavior has been largely in response to Vandals'

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  So far, Albany and Idaho look like two pretty evenly matched teams.
                  Could argue that either QB would be the best Jacks have faced this year.

Comment

Neither that impressive so far. Play sound and disciplined defense, will be fine.

Comment

Way-early forecast from the NWS:
                      Friday, December 15 at 6pm
                      Temperature: 33 °F Dewpoint: 27 °F Wind Chill: 25 °F Surface Wind: N 10mph
                      Sky Cover (%): 59% Precipitation Potential (%): 11% Relative Humidity (%): 78%
                      Rain: <10% Thunder: <10% Snow: <10% Freezing Rain: <10% Sleet: <10%

A nice South Dakota December night, if that holds up.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

officiating crew is from the valley. Tyler commented on the referee's diction a few weeks back

Comment

Gotta admit, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Fightin' Scoobies.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Gotta admit, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Fightin' Scoobies.
                            Fun team to watch. I'm sure they mentioned this on the broadcast but their qb was runner-up to McCoy last year for the Jerry Rice Award. They're really leaving it all on the field. I know it's the playoffs and everyone is hurt, but their freshman rb is hobbling after nearly every rush. Seems the leading receiver is battling, too.

They seemed to channel their inner Nebraska last year. 1-5 in one score games.

forgot to mention the punter on that one return. Dude shed a block and then pushed the returner out of bounds which was impressive

Comment

Jacks should have an easier time than against Villanova. Albany won't be in their beds until tomorrow night and have to fly back across the country on Thursday. Wear and tear is real, '21 Jacks are the epitome of that. Play disciplined and wear them down, run right at that pass rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X