No announcement yet.

Hypothetical Dana J Dykehouse Stadium Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move the south board to the north and upgrade the south? It would completely blow away any other FCS, and many FBS facilities.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Move the south board to the north and upgrade the south? It would completely blow away any other FCS, and many FBS facilities.
      Could the SFSAC roof support a pair of video boards and stanchions at the SE and SW corners the size of the one they put on the hydraulic lift on the NE side now?

Comment

Some engineering to design and construction to make adequate support would be required.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          Some engineering to design and construction to make adequate support would be required.
          Well, the Jacks do have a LB and QB who are mechanical engineering students

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Could the SFSAC roof support a pair of video boards and stanchions at the SE and SW corners the size of the one they put on the hydraulic lift on the NE side now?
            I'm pretty sure a doghouse could support that little baby board.

It's probably heavier and (maybe larger?) than it appears... but go big or go home! I second Prairiehass's motion... move the current one above the SFSAC... upgrade the main one! Daktronics really isn't that well known yet... I feel like they could donate a record-setting showpiece to help get their name out there more, right?

I know it's OBVIOUSLY a very early rendering that was changed heavily, but a big video board looks pretty good on the practice facility / above the SFSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

I'm pretty sure a doghouse could support that little baby board.

It's probably heavier and (maybe larger?) than it appears... but go big or go home! I second Prairiehass's motion... move the current one above the SFSAC... upgrade the main one! Daktronics really isn't that well known yet... I feel like they could donate a record-setting showpiece to help get their name out there more, right?

I know it's OBVIOUSLY a very early rendering that was changed heavily, but a big video board looks pretty good on the practice facility / above the SFSAC.
              One of the items on my wish list has always been to enclose the concourses on the south and east ends of the stadium similar to this rendering. First of all I think it gives the stadium a more completed look, and second I feel like it would help with the bitter cold playoff games. Add some heaters in the concourse to give fans an opportunity to warm up at halftime.

Comment

That board rendering looks sweet!.

I concur on the concourse heaters. That would help playoff attendance.

I mentioned it in another thread, heated socks for playoffs is a godsend. I had a pair for playoffs last year. At the MtSt game last year, bundled up of course, I was relatively comfortable to the end of the game. They aren't cheap. They do really work and are money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

There are some good ear plugs out there that are designed for concerts. They mute the background noise while still allowing for the music to come through. I have found them useful for sporting events too. Eargasm are the ones I use. There are a bunch of different ones out there though.

On topic - I wouldn't mind naming the field Coughlin field. Connect the past to the present.
                  The earplugs, Earerasers, work better than expected. I could hear the guys with me and everyone around me. Meanwhile the audio on the PA was tamed to a reasonable level. I took them out as I left the stadium and was amazed at how much louder it was without the ear plugs. It really made the game much more comfortable.

Comment

A couple more things, I would like to see added in and around the stadium. Inside the stadium, I would like to see South Dakota State University attached to the walls on the East and West sides. I think this is important because of TV games and University exposure. I added a picture of the SDSU entry signs around Brookings and this sign would fit nicely along the walls of the stadium. I would also like to see a Jackrabbits, SD, SDSU or South Dakota State add to the Performing Arts Center. Again to help brand SDSU to visitors and the TV audience. Camera angles will not always see them during play but they would be accessible and done correctly camera crews could easily capture them.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 3 photos.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

More and larger TVS anywhere a line might form. Bathroom, concession stands, beer lines.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                        A couple more things, I would like to see added in and around the stadium. Inside the stadium, I would like to see South Dakota State University attached to the walls on the East and West sides. I think this is important because of TV games and University exposure. I added a picture of the SDSU entry signs around Brookings and this sign would fit nicely along the walls of the stadium. I would also like to see a Jackrabbits, SD, SDSU or South Dakota State add to the Performing Arts Center. Again to help brand SDSU to visitors and the TV audience. Camera angles will not always see them during play but they would be accessible and done correctly camera crews could easily capture them.
                        I suppose they could most the angry Jack from the SJAC to the Performing Arts Center if/when a scoreboard is installed.

The wall shown in your second picture could also have "Make A Difference" as a reminder to fans and players alike.

Comment

Need to figure out the beer, concession and bathroom lines on sell-outs on the east side. It was a debacle during the NDSU game. My nieces and nephews missed 25 minutes in the concession line. The beer line was far worse and bathroom lines were a joke.

They need to do better next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                            Need to figure out the beer, concession and bathroom lines on sell-outs on the east side. It was a debacle during the NDSU game. My nieces and nephews missed 25 minutes in the concession line. The beer line was far worse and bathroom lines were a joke.

They need to do better next year.
                            I concur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                            X