Hypothetical Dana J Dykehouse Stadium Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Dana J Dykehouse Stadium Addition

If you were adding things to the Dana J, what would you add?

I would add a permanent video board on the north side, a LED sign that says JACKS on top of the SJAC (similar to the VOLS sign at Neyland), and I would put suites on the east side.

What are your ideas?

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I would add a permanent video board on the north side, a LED sign that says JACKS on top of the SJAC (similar to the VOLS sign at Neyland), and I would put suites on the east side.

What are your ideas?
    There has to be a solution to get better WiFi reception in the stadium area. It's nearly impossible to get any kind of signal on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

What are your ideas?
      Great ideas, although I'd have to you'd think suites on east side would require expanding the "footprint" into the east side parking lot.

I'd add a wall/mock rabbit den on the SW corner to help block the sun on afternoon fall games. They could make lower portion a "wall of fame" to celebrate former players, coaches, etc.

I'd also replace the pregame music played over the loudspeakers with the radio pregame show.

Lastly, I'd try to incorporate either app-based concession ordering or delivery to seating area (selfishly to reduce folks making multiple trips impeding game viewing). This would rely on WiFi improvements bigticket mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

There has to be a solution to get better WiFi reception in the stadium area. It's nearly impossible to get any kind of signal on a game day.
        This has been discussed for years. I wonder if part of it is Midco's lack of a footprint here, as you'd think that would be seamless marketing for them, despite lack of Midco internet coverage in Brookings overall

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

This is one issue I wish they would address. I would think that more people would tweet out pics of the game if they could. I just can't load anything on my phone during a game. I mean having people tweet photos during the game is like free advertising. The more people that see what a good time they are having at the game, will draw more fans to the game. So for me this is something that needs to be addressed.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I'm not so sure it's wifi, it's cellular service. Verizon needs to have GameDay mobile towers set up to dramatically increase capacity those 4 hours per week.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
              I'm not so sure it's wifi, it's cellular service. Verizon needs to have GameDay mobile towers set up to dramatically increase capacity those 4 hours per week.
              I've had more success texting and being able to make calls than being able to use Twitter and this site. In my case it seems to be more of a WiFi issue.

Comment

A giant Cowbell on top of on top of the Stig family Trai kng center that kickers can aim for to ri g
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Better food options for people with food allergies, get rid of the bench seating and add chairback seats everywhere. I would also like a giant cowbell that could be rang after touchdowns etc. I would steal from Montana State and utilize the SDSU rodeo team to add to the pageantry. A dome or at least a roof over the seats and protect fans from the weather and keep fans from leaving early. outside the stadium a giant SDSU flag that can seen (Like the size of the Perkins USA flag. And paint the closest two water towers in Brookings blue and yellow and add in the Jackrabbit Logo, like UNC, Iowa and I assume others.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                    Better food options for people with food allergies, get rid of the bench seating and add chairback seats everywhere. I would also like a giant cowbell that could be rang after touchdowns etc. I would steal from Montana State and utilize the SDSU rodeo team to add to the pageantry. A dome or at least a roof over the seats and protect fans from the weather and keep fans from leaving early. outside the stadium a giant SDSU flag that can seen (Like the size of the Perkins USA flag. And paint the closest two water towers in Brookings blue and yellow and add in the Jackrabbit Logo, like UNC, Iowa and I assume others.
                    I'm intrigued by the giant cowbell ideas. Are you thinking that would replace the cannon?

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                      Don't be so modest. Dream bigger.

Comment

Maybe shoot an actual cannonball at a giant cowbell.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

If you were going to add stadium capacity, where would you add it?

I like the idea of adding more suites, suites are completely sold out for the first time this season, and suites are an easy sell for playoff games.

Comment

The stadium is built to easily add on to the east side. Yes, that removes the parking lot. I'm assuming, if there is demand, suites will be a part of that. I would also love the idea of a SOR party deck in the corners. Beneath the addition, I would love a kids/family area with large screen TVs. There is another school that has this and a mini-turf field some playground equipment/bounce houses and the big screen TVs for the parents to still watch the game. This wouldn't just be an in-game thing but would encourage families to get through the gates early and avoid the lines and then their kids could play before kickoff.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm anticipating December playoff games, so I'd like to have heated field or at least a thermal "blanket" to cover it prior to games, for player safety.

Regarding a dome, might a canopy/cover over seated areas be a more cost effective option that doesn't cause Jacks to lose the outdoor "advantage"?

Comment

Working...
                              X