Hypothetical Dana J Dykehouse Stadium Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    I have Verizon and my phone is unusable whatsoever for anything other than checking what time it is but my wife is on T-Mobile and I can use hers just fine. Most of the time I can even stream another game if I wanted to.
    I'm hoping there isn't some municipal reluctance here in Brookings to being more "hospitable" to Verizon given T-Mobile's (as Sprint) ties to Swiftel.
    Last edited by jakejc795; 09-08-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I don't know it should be thought of as a cellular issue only. There are mesh wifi providers that SDSU could contract. A company like Ruckus Networks could provide full wifi to every phone and laptop in and around the stadium.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Another thought with the potential whole-stadium wifi... While on that network, have Merriam's LIVE coverage available for listening via Bluetooth headphones/earbuds. I know people have FM/AM radio headsets, but I'd imagine the 570 AM signal is fairly delayed... at least I know the online listening options/910 AM signal certainly are. They already pipe it live into the concourse... couldn't be too much more trouble to get it instantly played via a wifi network... right? right?! At least it's a better chance than building a dome, right? I'll call that a win then!

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
          Another thought with the potential whole-stadium wifi... While on that network, have Merriam's LIVE coverage available for listening via Bluetooth headphones/earbuds. I know people have FM/AM radio headsets, but I'd imagine the 570 AM signal is fairly delayed... at least I know the online listening options/910 AM signal certainly are. They already pipe it live into the concourse... couldn't be too much more trouble to get it instantly played via a wifi network... right? right?! At least it's a better chance than building a dome, right? I'll call that a win then!
          Have you tried 107.1 FM?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Have you tried 107.1 FM?
            No, I haven't. I don't have the bulky FM headset, and the network certainly doesn't allow streaming at this point. Since the main broadcast goes through 570's Yankton headquarters, I certainly wouldn't imagine anyone else would have it less delayed. I'm talking instant playing... Or within the second. Even a 5-10 second delay is annoying. First world problems, I know. It was just a thought I had, and figured I'd add it to the dreams list here.

Comment

The most practical solution is to fix the wi-fi. From experience, it’s really frustrating when SDSU wants you to tag your tweets from the stadium, only to have your network seize up.

If you can’t provide the bandwidth, don’t do these promotions.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the giant cowbell ideas. Are you thinking that would replace the cannon?
                Maybe? Personally I am not a cannon guy. But it does add to the game day experience. I see a cowbell as more practical and could be hauled and utilized at other SDSU home games; Goals for Soccer, Homeruns, etc. It could be like the Bum Mobile, be apart of floats, alumni gatherings and other SDSU friend/ fund raisers. It been a symbol of the university for a long time and I do not want it to die.
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

Don't be so modest. Dream bigger.
                  I'm one winning Powerball away from dreaming and bigger.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I believe you'll find in SDSU lore an enormous cowbell called the "Rooter King."

Bring back the Rooter King.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post

Maybe? Personally I am not a cannon guy. But it does add to the game day experience. I see a cowbell as more practical and could be hauled and utilized at other SDSU home games; Goals for Soccer, Homeruns, etc. It could be like the Bum Mobile, be apart of floats, alumni gatherings and other SDSU friend/ fund raisers. It been a symbol of the university for a long time and I do not want it to die.
                      Cannon on one end with cowbell at opposite end as a part of the base for the videoboard?

Comment

Cannon on one end with cowbell at opposite end as a part of the base for the videoboard?
                        I love it! The Rooter KIng II hangs below the video board on top of the Steig Center roof. Anytime an extra point or field goal hits it, the place goes nuts. Pyrotechnics, fireworks, flashing lights, etc.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

I love it! The Rooter KIng II hangs below the video board on top of the Steig Center roof. Anytime an extra point or field goal hits it, the place goes nuts. Pyrotechnics, fireworks, flashing lights, etc.
                          Hopefully, a recording of Stig saying "Holy Nutmeg" is part of the "et cetera"

Comment

Hopefully, a recording of Stig saying "Holy Nutmeg" is part of the "et cetera"
                            Haha! YES!
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Filling in the red section is the first thing that needs to be done, in my opinion. Student attendance has been insane this year I am crossing my fingers that continues, but it seems that this space on the SW corner could serve the purpose for student overflow. I think the SE corner has a bit of a cluster over there with it being a blend of student overflow and those who actually bought tickets over there.

Guessing that would put capacity at near an even 20k or slightly above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Endzone camera angles!!!!
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X