Assistant Coach moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

He still is. Hence why he turns down WSU. Man I love loyalty.
    My gut feeling based off of no actual info other than the dates in the linked article providing some insight. The article states that Dickert said an announcement would be made by January 8 (National Championship Day) on WSU's DC. On January 9, WSU announced a hire that was not Jimmy. My guess is that Jimmy Rogers had an offer (Dickert in 2021 made $637,900 as WSU DC) and after discussion with Stig and Sell, turned it down with a handshake agreement that he will become the next head coach at SDSU. Whether that is next week or 3 years from now, who knows. Rogers currently makes $96,601. Sig currently makes $306,000. I'm guessing Jimmy and Sell had to have negotiated something that pays at least $500,000, since he could have made somewhere between $500,000 - $1million as a FBS Coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

My gut feeling based off of no actual info other than the dates in the linked article providing some insight. The article states that Dickert said an announcement would be made by January 8 (National Championship Day) on WSU's DC. On January 9, WSU announced a hire that was not Jimmy. My guess is that Jimmy Rogers had an offer (Dickert in 2021 made $637,900 as WSU DC) and after discussion with Stig and Sell, turned it down with a handshake agreement that he will become the next head coach at SDSU. Whether that is next week or 3 years from now, who knows. Rogers currently makes $96,601. Sig currently makes $306,000. I'm guessing Jimmy and Sell had to have negotiated something that pays at least $500,000, since he could have made somewhere between $500,000 - $1million as a FBS Coordinator.
      Agree with Jimmy being the heir apparent. But I think Stig coaches another year for a couple of reasons. First, with the Jacks likely being the consensus #1 and favorite to win another Natty.,. that would put an excessive amount of pressure on a new coach. And would be a bad way to start a head coaching career if they don't repeat. Second, Stig is sitting at 199 wins, and you have to think he would like to get over that 200 mark.

Comment

He still is. Hence why he turns down WSU. Man I love loyalty.
        Definitely hope so. Even if he left, I wouldn't necessarily consider it disloyal, depending on circumstances.

Regardless, he'd be my first pick for HC, and I was glad to hear Zim also reiterate that he's the "heir apparent" late in the latest NLA podcast.

Side note, Zim also mentioned in same NLA episode that Live/inForum was planning to start a TV network, so they're attempting to replicate what Fargo has with Forum and WDAY.

Comment

Saw a tweet this morning that Andre Crenshaw is expected to be named RB coach at Western Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Saw a tweet this morning that Andre Crenshaw is expected to be named RB coach at Western Kentucky.
            http://www.twitter.com/mzenitz/statu...68977952456704

Comment

Crenshaw would be taking a small step up to an FBS program, I guess. If you make the move, thanks for your contributions to the Jacks, Andre, and good luck. When you get to WK, please encourage the Hilltoppers to schedule a future game with SDSU.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Crenshaw would be taking a small step up to an FBS program, I guess. If you make the move, thanks for your contributions to the Jacks, Andre, and good luck. When you get to WK, please encourage the Hilltoppers to schedule a future game with SDSU.
                Sad to see him go and curious who might replace him. Hopefully none of the Jacks current RBs "pull a Cofield" and head to WKU

Comment

Zenner time

Comment

Zenner time
                    This feels neither impossible nor probable. obviously his major was pre med, but it appears post nfl he is doing some sports and health related work, maybe an agent? i am sure somebody here probably knows what he is up to or at least knows more than me. i guess my point is it does not seem like he showed much interest about going into coaching when he stopped playing

along the same lines, we also just lost a WR coach. Weineke can probably continue to play for a while if he wants. does he still think he might get another nfl shot? is he satisfied playing out a full professional career in canada? if he were looking to make a change, his major was education. it seems coaching would be something he was more likely to have in mind. it would be awesome to get Jake back to brookings

obviously both of them are big time Stig guys and great fits for the Jacks culture. i do not have the timeline completely recalled in my aging brain, but both of them played with Lujan when Zenner was a senior and Jake was a freshman as i recall. this would seemingly give them a head start on working together and being on the same page

any of this seems like more of a fans dream team wish list than a real possibility, but it is fun to think about having either one or both of them back))))!!! both of them inner inner circle Jacks HOFers and even better people than players!!

Comment

Connor Landberg (former SDSU wide receiver, played during and right after the Weineke years) lives here in town, and is coaching wide receivers for Brookings High School. Purely speculation, but I wonder if there would be mutual interest? Seems he's interested in coaching with him working on the BHS staff. I know the jump from high school to Div 1 college is a big jump, but with his proximity, and apparent interest in coaching, maybe there's something there? Not sure what his full-time job currently is...

Comment

My son went to a football clinic with Zenner and CJ Ham years ago. ZZ seemed uncomfortable and awkward. Ham on the other hand was a delight. ZZ is such a straight laced guy to me, he just doesn't exude passion that I can remember. It was always so cut and dry. "I am going to run 3000 yards. Now I will go sit down."
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Sounds like Christian Smith heading to Northwestern via football scoop

Comment

Looks like it will be two years in a row of losing a significant number of coaches. But at least coordinators are staying, which is key, along with returning such a large number of starters/key players. And there should be no shortage of qualified applicants coming off the Natty.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Looks like it will be two years in a row of losing a significant number of coaches. But at least coordinators are staying, which is key, along with returning such a large number of starters/key players. And there should be no shortage of qualified applicants coming off the Natty.
                              We are still in this.....no idea what the coordinators are doing. The head coach hasn't confirmed he is coming back yet, has he?
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

We are still in this.....no idea what the coordinators are doing. The head coach hasn't confirmed he is coming back yet, has he?
                                He has not. Zimmer even asked Sell last week if Stig was retiring or coming back and even Sell didn’t know for sure at that time. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does call it a career.

Comment

Working...
                                X