• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Zenner time
    This feels neither impossible nor probable. obviously his major was pre med, but it appears post nfl he is doing some sports and health related work, maybe an agent? i am sure somebody here probably knows what he is up to or at least knows more than me. i guess my point is it does not seem like he showed much interest about going into coaching when he stopped playing

along the same lines, we also just lost a WR coach. Weineke can probably continue to play for a while if he wants. does he still think he might get another nfl shot? is he satisfied playing out a full professional career in canada? if he were looking to make a change, his major was education. it seems coaching would be something he was more likely to have in mind. it would be awesome to get Jake back to brookings

obviously both of them are big time Stig guys and great fits for the Jacks culture. i do not have the timeline completely recalled in my aging brain, but both of them played with Lujan when Zenner was a senior and Jake was a freshman as i recall. this would seemingly give them a head start on working together and being on the same page

any of this seems like more of a fans dream team wish list than a real possibility, but it is fun to think about having either one or both of them back))))!!! both of them inner inner circle Jacks HOFers and even better people than players!!

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Zenner time

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Crenshaw would be taking a small step up to an FBS program, I guess. If you make the move, thanks for your contributions to the Jacks, Andre, and good luck. When you get to WK, please encourage the Hilltoppers to schedule a future game with SDSU.
    Sad to see him go and curious who might replace him. Hopefully none of the Jacks current RBs "pull a Cofield" and head to WKU

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Crenshaw would be taking a small step up to an FBS program, I guess. If you make the move, thanks for your contributions to the Jacks, Andre, and good luck. When you get to WK, please encourage the Hilltoppers to schedule a future game with SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Saw a tweet this morning that Andre Crenshaw is expected to be named RB coach at Western Kentucky.
    http://www.twitter.com/mzenitz/statu...68977952456704

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Saw a tweet this morning that Andre Crenshaw is expected to be named RB coach at Western Kentucky.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

He still is. Hence why he turns down WSU. Man I love loyalty.
    Definitely hope so. Even if he left, I wouldn't necessarily consider it disloyal, depending on circumstances.

Regardless, he'd be my first pick for HC, and I was glad to hear Zim also reiterate that he's the "heir apparent" late in the latest NLA podcast.

Side note, Zim also mentioned in same NLA episode that Live/inForum was planning to start a TV network, so they're attempting to replicate what Fargo has with Forum and WDAY.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

My gut feeling based off of no actual info other than the dates in the linked article providing some insight. The article states that Dickert said an announcement would be made by January 8 (National Championship Day) on WSU's DC. On January 9, WSU announced a hire that was not Jimmy. My guess is that Jimmy Rogers had an offer (Dickert in 2021 made $637,900 as WSU DC) and after discussion with Stig and Sell, turned it down with a handshake agreement that he will become the next head coach at SDSU. Whether that is next week or 3 years from now, who knows. Rogers currently makes $96,601. Sig currently makes $306,000. I'm guessing Jimmy and Sell had to have negotiated something that pays at least $500,000, since he could have made somewhere between $500,000 - $1million as a FBS Coordinator.
    Agree with Jimmy being the heir apparent. But I think Stig coaches another year for a couple of reasons. First, with the Jacks likely being the consensus #1 and favorite to win another Natty.,. that would put an excessive amount of pressure on a new coach. And would be a bad way to start a head coaching career if they don't repeat. Second, Stig is sitting at 199 wins, and you have to think he would like to get over that 200 mark.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

My gut feeling based off of no actual info other than the dates in the linked article providing some insight. The article states that Dickert said an announcement would be made by January 8 (National Championship Day) on WSU's DC. On January 9, WSU announced a hire that was not Jimmy. My guess is that Jimmy Rogers had an offer (Dickert in 2021 made $637,900 as WSU DC) and after discussion with Stig and Sell, turned it down with a handshake agreement that he will become the next head coach at SDSU. Whether that is next week or 3 years from now, who knows. Rogers currently makes $96,601. Sig currently makes $306,000. I'm guessing Jimmy and Sell had to have negotiated something that pays at least $500,000, since he could have made somewhere between $500,000 - $1million as a FBS Coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Interesting, given him saying he was the future Jacks head coach in The Show

Leave a comment:

• Hip2daHop
    replied
    Keep in mind Washington State Head Coach is Jake Dickert -- former Jacks Safeties coach - 2016

Leave a comment:

• peavy
    replied
    Zim said on his podcast with Gaskins that Rogers has been receiving offers from elsewhere… any rumors on what schools wanted him?
    Washington State according to these two articles dated Jan 7th and Jan 8th. Here's a quote from the latter:

"WASHINGTON STATE IS set to hire Jeff Schmedding as its new defensive coordinator, per Pete Thamel of ESPN. There were signs pointing to Schmedding over the last week once it became clear South Dakota State's Jimmy Rogers was not on the table."

It's worth noting that the Schmedding hire was officially announced by WSU a few hours ago. He was Auburn's DC for the 2022 season.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Zim said on his podcast with Gaskins that Rogers has been receiving offers from elsewhere… any rumors on what schools wanted him?
    Interesting, given him saying he was the future Jacks head coach in The Show

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    The Jacks are the FCS champions. They will be able to attract a lot of strong candidates to coach wide receivers and other positions, if vacancies arise. The staff probably will end up even stronger.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X