X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post

I would bet the farm that Coach Stig is stepping down within the next few hours, or by end of tomorrow. With Coach Rogers sliding into HC. Which makes me wonder, don't they legally need to open the job, advertise and interview x amount of candidates. Or maybe they got to bypass this? I do think Stig will have some impact regarding fundraising, and such kind of like what Tom Osborne was to Nebraska after he resigned. Either way I think we are in good hands.
    If I remember correctly, Hendo got promoted very quickly after Otz resigned.

Leave a comment:

• poppa1
    replied
    Coach Davis got a huge pay raise with the Yotes, unbelievable

Leave a comment:

• centraljack90
    replied
    Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
    Stig is coming back, that what he told tyler merrium in a an interview
    I would bet the farm that Coach Stig is stepping down within the next few hours, or by end of tomorrow. With Coach Rogers sliding into HC. Which makes me wonder, don't they legally need to open the job, advertise and interview x amount of candidates. Or maybe they got to bypass this? I do think Stig will have some impact regarding fundraising, and such kind of like what Tom Osborne was to Nebraska after he resigned. Either way I think we are in good hands.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm much older.
    Gives you valuable insight.

Speaking of which, if you had to bet, would you expect these assistant coaches' successors to be from ranks of other FCS schools or maybe NSIC/DII given that it's not an OC like Jacks needed last year?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Are you Matt Zimmer?
    I'm much older.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

I made those same basic points in post #32 earlier in this thread. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement at some point that Stig will coach another year with Jimmy becoming head coach after that.
    Are you Matt Zimmer?

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied
    Stig is coming back, that what he told tyler merrium in a an interview

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Zimmer also mentioned perspective there'd be increased pressure on new coach to repeat as national champion. Plus, there's the allure of 200 wins to entice Stig to give it "one more go" (even if he might not publicly admit it).

The Jacks have the added benefit of their heir apparent already being on staff.
    I made those same basic points in post #32 earlier in this thread. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement at some point that Stig will coach another year with Jimmy becoming head coach after that.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

He has not. Zimmer even asked Sell last week if Stig was retiring or coming back and even Sell didn’t know for sure at that time. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does call it a career.
    Zimmer also mentioned perspective there'd be increased pressure on new coach to repeat as national champion. Plus, there's the allure of 200 wins to entice Stig to give it "one more go" (even if he might not publicly admit it).

The Jacks have the added benefit of their heir apparent already being on staff.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied
    Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

We are still in this.....no idea what the coordinators are doing. The head coach hasn't confirmed he is coming back yet, has he?
    He has not. Zimmer even asked Sell last week if Stig was retiring or coming back and even Sell didn’t know for sure at that time. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does call it a career.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied
    Looks like it will be two years in a row of losing a significant number of coaches. But at least coordinators are staying, which is key, along with returning such a large number of starters/key players. And there should be no shortage of qualified applicants coming off the Natty.
    We are still in this.....no idea what the coordinators are doing. The head coach hasn't confirmed he is coming back yet, has he?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Looks like it will be two years in a row of losing a significant number of coaches. But at least coordinators are staying, which is key, along with returning such a large number of starters/key players. And there should be no shortage of qualified applicants coming off the Natty.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Sounds like Christian Smith heading to Northwestern via football scoop

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied
    My son went to a football clinic with Zenner and CJ Ham years ago. ZZ seemed uncomfortable and awkward. Ham on the other hand was a delight. ZZ is such a straight laced guy to me, he just doesn't exude passion that I can remember. It was always so cut and dry. "I am going to run 3000 yards. Now I will go sit down."

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1220
    replied
    Connor Landberg (former SDSU wide receiver, played during and right after the Weineke years) lives here in town, and is coaching wide receivers for Brookings High School. Purely speculation, but I wonder if there would be mutual interest? Seems he's interested in coaching with him working on the BHS staff. I know the jump from high school to Div 1 college is a big jump, but with his proximity, and apparent interest in coaching, maybe there's something there? Not sure what his full-time job currently is...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X