National Championship in Frisco vs The Furry Cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Tickets on AXS and especially websites like StubHub are really starting to drop in price. We got more that we needed today. Glad we waited.
    Has been the same thing since 2011. There will be people giving away tickets on gamdeday in Frisco along with rows of empty seats. Patience is king for this game

Comment

I just bought a single ticket in the SDSU section from a member here. I'm pretty sure I'll have two SRO tickets a MSU friend of mine is giving me. Any Jacks fans need tickets I'll give them away.

Comment

Review of the season tonight on Midco at 7:00 PM. And I believe a preview of Frisco as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post

Has been the same thing since 2011. There will be people giving away tickets on gamdeday in Frisco along with rows of empty seats. Patience is king for this game
          This is exactly why I think an 18-20k stadium is perfectly fine for this game. So many of the original requests are duplicates and people who think they will attend but ultimately can't. And some percentage of brokers. Be patient and you won't have to pay over face for tickets. 12 years in a row. I am a little surprised by how early prices started dropping this year. Maybe Bison fatigue and a smaller than expected demand from Jacks fans contributed. It should still be a fairly full crowd and good look for both teams. Enjoy for those especially attending their first championship game!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fcsfan View Post
            This is exactly why I think an 18-20k stadium is perfectly fine for this game. So many of the original requests are duplicates and people who think they will attend but ultimately can't. And some percentage of brokers. Be patient and you won't have to pay over face for tickets. 12 years in a row. I am a little surprised by how early prices started dropping this year. Maybe Bison fatigue and a smaller than expected demand from Jacks fans contributed. It should still be a fairly full crowd and good look for both teams. Enjoy for those especially attending their first championship game!

I think people were really patient with buying tickets as well. I know our group looked at a few tickets that were OK priced, little higher than face value, but passed on them because we knew prices would continue to drop. Got tickets yesterday at face.

Comment

Whats everyone doing Saturday night after the Alumni event? Are folks going to The Local or something else?
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Whats everyone doing Saturday night after the Alumni event? Are folks going to The Local or something else?
                What/where is "The Local?"
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Interested in why you think that the demand from Jacks fans is smaller than expected ?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

I think people were really patient with buying tickets as well. I know our group looked at a few tickets that were OK priced, little higher than face value, but passed on them because we knew prices would continue to drop. Got tickets yesterday at face.
                    It's definitely one of the best responses I've seen from first time (not counting odd COVID spring) teams not panicking when secondary tickets were first posted. It definitely paid off for your fans. Great job. Anyone who wants to go can go. Getting the ticket is the easiest part. Weather, as usual, getting there is the challenge. The forecast looks good, especially the days before the game. If tradition holds true, it will be colder or cloudier or rainier than expected on game day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Interested in why you think that the demand from Jacks fans is smaller than expected ?
                      I'm seeing very little chatter here of people that still need tickets this past week. Most other teams I've followed still had hands looking for tickets at this point. Could just be a small sample size. This board seems smaller or less active than previous participants, so a small sample size may be giving me the wrong impression. The primary point of my comment was to speculate it won't be a completely packed house. But 17-18k will still look very good. Empty seats would likely be scattered.

Comment

I'm seeing very little chatter here of people that still need tickets this past week. Most other teams I've followed still had hands looking for tickets at this point. Could just be a small sample size. This board seems smaller or less active than previous participants, so a small sample size may be giving me the wrong impression. The primary point of my comment was to speculate it won't be a completely packed house. But 17-18k will still look very good. Empty seats would likely be scattered.

I'm seeing more ticket movement on some of the twitter accounts I follow vs. here. This site hasn't really recovered from an ill-fated upgrade of the board software from version 4 to the one running now a few years ago.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm seeing more ticket movement on some of the twitter accounts I follow vs. here. This site hasn't really recovered from an ill-fated upgrade of the board software from version 4 to the one running now a few years ago.
                          You may be 100% correct. We'll find out Sunday. Good luck to the Jacks. Have fun in Frisco for those who go.

Comment

Looks like there'll be an awesome flyover tomorrow. Hopefully they time it as well as they do in Brookings.

Comment

Reading about the flyover --- F16s from the SD Air Natl Guard flown by SDSU grads. The news I read included a picture showing the underside of each plane (auxiliary fuel tanks?) being painted white with big blue letters saying "Ears Up" and something like GoJacks.

Can't you hear it now...Bison fans saying stuff like "Awww, that's nothin' You should see the flyovers we have in the Fargodome."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Reading about the flyover --- F16s from the SD Air Natl Guard flown by SDSU grads. The news I read included a picture showing the underside of each plane (auxiliary fuel tanks?) being painted white with big blue letters saying "Ears Up" and something like GoJacks.

Can't you hear it now...Bison fans saying stuff like "Awww, that's nothin' You should see the flyovers we have in the Fargodome."
                                KELO article I linked to (re-linked here) includes pics.

Messages on "birds'" tanks include "Ears Up" (including "ears up" hand sign") and "SDSU" and "Go Jacks" and "SDSU," respectively.

Be awesome if "Horns Down" was message on wings when they "went inverted" (shameless Top Gun reference)

Comment

Working...
                                X