National Championship in Frisco vs The Furry Cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refs will reportedly be from SoCon.

Interesting predictions and commentary from anonymous FCS coaches here.

Would love to know what coach asserted "SDSU hasn’t always played clean..." and whether it meant merely penalties or Jacks being a "dirty team"

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Would love to know what coach asserted "SDSU hasn’t always played clean..." and whether it meant merely penalties or Jacks being a "dirty team"
      In the context written, I think it's referring to fouls and turnovers. Keep away from those, and SDSU is the likely winner. .

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I took it as we have alot of mental mistakes Penalties, muffed punts etc
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

Knock on wood, but it seems the penalties especially false starts have really improved towards the end of the season.

Comment

In reading the whole thing from the link, I took it the same way that fcsfan did as referring to pentalties and staying mistake free as clean. Not so much a reference to cheap shots or anything like that.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

Ironic that the person focused on that aspect of the Jacks' season when NDSU has 2nd-most penalties in Valley, and one could argue that Miller's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in Marker Game was key in Jacks' comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

In reading the whole thing from the link, I took it the same way that fcsfan did as referring to pentalties and staying mistake free as clean. Not so much a reference to cheap shots or anything like that.
                Reasonable interpretation.

Have to admit my favorite response was...

"Interesting game. Hard to defeat someone twice in the same season. When I watched the Iowa – South Dakota State game opening weekend, I told my staff, if their defense stays healthy they will win in Frisco this year. NDSU can call Frisco their home field for what they have done the last decade. South Dakota State wishing they could play halfway at summit high school off whipple road I reckon. An ‘A’ gap power team versus a defense that has dominated their opponents. Hell of a matchup. Two quality staffs with time to scheme. I’m taking South Dakota State. Defense wins championships. Peach, Fiesta, Rose can’t hold a candle to the two Dakota teams in the “Scheels – Devils Lake Walleye Bowl.”

The regional references (e.g., Summit High, Devils Lake Walleye Bowl) made me wonder if that was Schweigert or Eck.

Comment

Check this out

https://youtu.be/XlSSwOspdbw

Comment

Midco previewed feature on Colby Huerter during halftime of MBB game. Sounds like full segment will air next week. Looks like it'll be another good one focusing on his journey from TX to SDSU (as a relatively unhearalded D1 recruit) and his experience with changing defensive lineups this season.

Comment

Midco previewed feature on Colby Huerter during halftime of MBB game. Sounds like full segment will air next week. Looks like it'll be another good one focusing on his journey from TX to SDSU (as a relatively unhearalded D1 recruit) and his experience with changing defensive lineups this season.
                      Think they are having a preview show on Jan. 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Think they are having a preview show on Jan. 4th.
                        Yes, it sounded like there would be a mid-week episode. I didn't catch a time, so hopefully it's available on Youtube, Twitter, etc.

Comment

The final opponent preview of the season is here! I love writing this preview for NDSU because the names are all so familiar due to recruiting the same circles and the year-to-year stability of NDSU. If you want to know more, give it a read! #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...view-ndsu.html
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Interview with Austin Sumner (1:35:40 mark) in which he discusses Jacks playing for National Championship now, Jacks' program development, and his experience with NDSU rivalry as a player.

Comment

If you're still looking for tickets go to the Tix exchange thread...
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If anybody wants to chat with an AP reporter about the championship game from the SDSU side of things...admins got a message here at 1:10 pm with contact info...DM me here if you're up for it. I hope I haven't busted his deadline yet...
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X