Next: Boys from branch campus visit Brookings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Is this the Mark of two years ago? He played great against Missouri State, average against UC Davis and Western Illinois and who knows against Butler and Iowa.
    Yup, you nailed it. Mo State WIN, CA Davis WIN, Butler WIN. W IL WIN, Don't sweat the style points. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Here’s the deal, when fans and players go on the road you are going to run into a few disorderly fans. You might even hear the whole crowd boo….get over it! As I have said before, I like to just say “welcome to the Dykehouse”.
      More importantly, I only care about our fans being loud. Send a message to all the sensitive vermin fans at home watching on TV what reals fans sound like. When people see a full house they will want to be part of it as well.
      Most importantly, just win!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Yup, you nailed it. Mo State WIN, CA Davis WIN, Butler WIN. W IL WIN, Don't sweat the style points. Go Jacks!!
        Roy rocks!

Comment

Expect a Bugs vs Wiley encounter. By the 3rd quarter hope to be hearing "What a maroon". Up for my only home game. Downside of being a DFW Rabbit fan.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
            Here’s the deal, when fans and players go on the road you are going to run into a few disorderly fans. You might even hear the whole crowd boo….get over it! As I have said before, I like to just say “welcome to the Dykehouse”.
            More importantly, I only care about our fans being loud. Send a message to all the sensitive vermin fans at home watching on TV what reals fans sound like. When people see a full house they will want to be part of it as well.
            Most importantly, just win!
            I've been to the last two games at the 'Dome, and while the setting and outcomes were traumatic, I wasn't treated inhospitably, despite wearing Jacks garb.

I agree with you that I hope Jacks fans don't harrass any 'Yote fans.

Having said that, I'm as keen on having 'Yotes sitting next to me as I was when a trio of Bison fans were next to me during last year's Marker game.

Now, if the Dream Trio of Shania, Keri, and Diane happen to be 'Yote fans, I'd accommodate AND spend media, replay review breaks, and halftime attempting to convert them to Jacks fans

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Expect a Bugs vs Wiley encounter. By the 3rd quarter hope to be hearing "What a maroon". Up for my only home game. Downside of being a DFW Rabbit fan.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
              They kind of wear maroon, so they have a head start

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I've been to the last two games at the 'Dome, and while the setting and outcomes were traumatic, I wasn't treated inhospitably, despite wearing Jacks garb.

Having said that, I'm as keen on having 'Yotes sitting next to me as I was when a trio of Bison fans were next to me during last year's Marker game.

Now, if the Dream Trio of Shania, Keri, and Diane happen to be 'Yote fans, I'd accommodate AND spend media, replay review breaks, and halftime attempting to convert them to Jacks fans
                The most fun I've had at a Jacks game was sitting in the NE corner in the Bison section for the 2017 Marker Game and waving goodbye to all the green and gold who left the game early for the trip back to Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The most fun I've had at a Jacks game was sitting in the NE corner in the Bison section for the 2017 Marker Game and waving goodbye to all the green and gold who left the game early for the trip back to Fargo.
                  There was a play last year where Bison OL took Winkelman down with an arm around the neck, and the one Bison fan insisted it was legal because "plays like that happen every down." Behavior like that ensures I'd never object to them staying in Fargo.

Comment

Well i am not positive who they are but i have to imagine in that type of scenario you are buttering them up with plenty of ice cream
                    Shania seems obvious enough- maybe a famous country singer OR little Shania cutiepants the girl who grew up down the block from you??

Keri?? Russell OR Mrs Keri Allthekidsinfatuation your 6th grade art teacher??

Diane? Keaton? Lane? Diane Doh (supposed to be the homer simpson noise) the one that got away

As far as converting fans, i have to say my dad is the absolute best i have ever seen

there were a few years when we traveled to almost every away basketball game in the NCC days and could often watch 4 good games on a friday/ saturday road trip

i am still amazed how many times we would end up sitting next to fans of the other team and by the end of the double header he had them at the very least promising to cheer for the jacks against every team in the conference excluding theirs

and if we sat next to a family with little kids, i swear every time he had the kids turned into jacks fans by the end of the night

Great memories

anyway, if you need any pointers on your fan conversion technique, i am positive i could get my dad to give you plenty of pointers for a gallon of sdsu strawberry ice cream. he definitely had a few home double headers where he had 3 cones before the night was over - usually one coming in the door for a warm up and one at each half time

YES i know i am rambling!!! but the fan converting comment brought back some great memories. and i want to hope that it is kind of obvious that if you cannot reminisce about going to rabbit games with your dad on a rabbit fan board then there may not be any actual point for having such a board

Comment

There was a play last year where Bison OL took Winkelman down with an arm around the neck, and the one Bison fan insisted it was legal because "plays like that happen every down." Behavior like that ensures I'd never object to them staying in Fargo.

sounds like a Brad Newitt quote related to every elbow, hip check, body slam, etc.... by hannah sjerven. did you happen to ask him it he was related to Mr Newitt

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Well i am not positive who they are but i have to imagine in that type of scenario you are buttering them up with plenty of ice cream
                        Shania seems obvious enough- maybe a famous country singer OR little Shania cutiepants the girl who grew up down the block from you??

Keri?? Russell OR Mrs Keri Allthekidsinfatuation your 6th grade art teacher??

Diane? Keaton? Lane? Diane Doh (supposed to be the homer simpson noise) the one that got away

As far as converting fans, i have to say my dad is the absolute best i have ever seen

there were a few years when we traveled to almost every away basketball game in the NCC days and could often watch 4 good games on a friday/ saturday road trip

i am still amazed how many times we would end up sitting next to fans of the other team and by the end of the double header he had them at the very least promising to cheer for the jacks against every team in the conference excluding theirs

and if we sat next to a family with little kids, i swear every time he had the kids turned into jacks fans by the end of the night

Great memories

anyway, if you need any pointers on your fan conversion technique, i am positive i could get my dad to give you plenty of pointers for a gallon of sdsu strawberry ice cream. he definitely had a few home double headers where he had 3 cones before the night was over - usually one coming in the door for a warm up and one at each half time

YES i know i am rambling!!! but the fan converting comment brought back some great memories. and i want to hope that it is kind of obvious that if you cannot reminisce about going to rabbit games with your dad on a rabbit fan board then there may not be any actual point for having such a board
                        Your suspicions were correct about Twain, Russell, and Lane. I'd happily spring for some strawberry ice cream to celebrate your dad's "ambassadorial" behavior.

My oldest niece is experiencing her first Jacks game today, and I'll be sure to be the buffer between her and anyone with possible 'Yote allegiances. Hopefully she'll look back on this fondly when she's my age.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

sounds like a Brad Newitt quote related to every elbow, hip check, body slam, etc.... by hannah sjerven. did you happen to ask him it he was related to Mr Newitt
                          Haha, I responded that a play like that is how folks get injured. I know I shouldn't have responded, but it irked me.

Comment

I see on the USD fan site that several claim that the poor showing by their fans at SDSU football games is a direct result of how their followers are treated by Jackrabbit fans. That's a typical response - blame someone else for your problems. There is zero difference between how USD fans are treated here and how SDSU fans are treated in Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                              I see on the USD fan site that several claim that the poor showing by their fans at SDSU football games is a direct result of how their followers are treated by Jackrabbit fans. That's a typical response - blame someone else for your problems. There is zero difference between how USD fans are treated here and how SDSU fans are treated in Vermillion.
                              I definitely agree that it’s the same in both places, but just don’t be one of those idiots carrying it on another year.

Dominate, semi-dominate, squeak by in OT, get a fluke hail mary as time expires…. Just get the damn win. Style points are out the window the next 3 games. Survive.

Comment

Your suspicions were correct about Twain, Russell, and Lane. I'd happily spring for some strawberry ice cream to celebrate your dad's "ambassadorial" behavior.

My oldest niece is experiencing her first Jacks game today, and I'll be sure to be the buffer between her and anyone with possible 'Yote allegiances. Hopefully she'll look back on this fondly when she's my age.
                                I expect it is going to be a good day and a good memory

i am not making any predictions but i expect the jacks to play very well today and if they play well i believe the score will take care of itself

also, my dad was aided by the fact that the jacks won and generally have won far more games than not. the conversion process was always better when the jacks were winning)) Literally some of the games when the jacks were winning he had little kids from opposing families chanting legs go rabbits in the second half

and as i do not expect the mutts to be winning, i expect your niece to be safe))!!

a little more reminiscing

at a bball game in verm when my son was 2, we sat next to opposing fans. they were pretty nice people but the wife was making attempts to promote her belief that the coyotes were better. at one point she said to my son, "you know coyotes eat rabbits right?"
                                my son, not in any type of defiant tone or anything, completely innocent like a 2 year old would be, but without hesitation responds, "They eat rabbit dust." NOT GOING TO LIE it might still be one of my prouder parenting moments)))

Comment

Working...
                                X