Next: Boys from branch campus visit Brookings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    I am wary of us jumping off to an early lead and then watch it slowly melt away. Then I think, Wait a minute, Marks back and he is not going to let us lose! Go Jacks
    Is this the Mark of two years ago? He played great against Missouri State, average against UC Davis and Western Illinois and who knows against Butler and Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Thanks for the injury report.

Has Stig ever talked bad about another coach?
      SDSU lost in 2017, 2018 and 2021(I think) after there bye weeks so who know how great "improvement week" is? They also played a couple cupcakes after their improvement week so does SDSU do any better after that week as they normally do?
      Fair point, and I wasn't expecting an insult from Stig. It just adds intrigue to an already exciting situation.

Random observation -- Zim revised his score prediction from 38-23 during Show! to 28-20 during NLA. He attributes this to not remembering rationale for prior prediction, but I think 'Yotely advertisers threatened to pull Argus ads

Comment

One last look at USD. Here is the "What to Watch" for the in-state rivalry matchup. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...tch-usd-3.html
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Just did a rough count and appears to be roughly 550 tickets remaining. Looking at attendance records, we have only broken 19,000 once and the most we have had at a USD game is 15,345 in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            One last look at USD. Here is the "What to Watch" for the in-state rivalry matchup. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...tch-usd-3.html
            I'm a fan of your "four false starts" goal. Fans, let's help get that done!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

...SDSU lost in 2017, 2018 and 2021(I think) after there bye weeks so who know how great "improvement week" is? They also played a couple cupcakes after their improvement week so does SDSU do any better after that week as they normally do?
              [Correcntion to my post: 91Jack pointed out how SDSU lost after a bye week...he didn't write we lost to USD in 2017. My sentence following this correction, was made because I misread 91Jack's post. But, what the heck, still okay to point out a Jackrabbit win.]
              I just checked the 2017 result on GoJacks.com. The game was played 11/16/2017 in Vermillion and the Jacks won a close one: SDSU 31, USD 28.

Following USD's upgrade to Division 1, the football games resumed with the 2012 season and SDSU has won seven of the nine games played (no game in the 20-21 season due to USD Covid). If there's anything troubling about a historical view, it is the fact, as noted by 91Jack, that USD has won the last two games, both played at USD. With last weekend having been the USD bye weekend, the Coyotes have had an opportunity to concentrate two weeks on the SDSU game.

This game has a potential to be close with the outcome not decided until late.

...nah. Based on one of South Dakota's mottos, Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!-- I'm still calling it: SDSU 49, USD 3.

USD had a bye last weekend. Tomorrow we can double that with a friendly "bye bye" as they board the bus to go back to Vermillion.
              Last edited by JackJD; 10-07-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

This is a 3 day weekend for the students. Hope lots of them wait until after the game to head home!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                  This is a 3 day weekend for the students. Hope lots of them wait until after the game to head home!
                  Saw on FB that they are giving away stuff in the 4th quarter to the remaining students. Don't know if it will matter, hope it works!

Comment

Both of the Coyotie victories in the last three seasons were pretty flukey games played before mediocre crowds in a relatively quiet building. USD has a pretty good team this year. They have good team speed and their o-line is huge. But I think the Jacks are better, even with several starters still out with injuries. I can't see the Yoties staying within two or three touchdowns of the Jacks in the Dykhouse, especially if the place is filled and the home team avoids critical mistakes. .
                    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 10-07-2022, 12:49 PM.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Both of the Coyotie victories in the last three seasons were pretty flukey games played before mediocre crowds in a relatively quiet building. USD has a pretty good team this year. They have good team speed and their o-line is huge. But I think the Jacks are better, even with several starters still out with injuries. I can't see the Yoties staying within two or three touchdowns of the Jacks in the Dykhouse, especially if the place is filled and the home team avoids critical mistakes. .
                      O-line is big but inexperienced. They have given up something like 15 sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                        Just did a rough count and appears to be roughly 550 tickets remaining. Looking at attendance records, we have only broken 19,000 once and the most we have had at a USD game is 15,345 in 2016.
                        That's because USD fans don't travel. They are strictly home fair weather fans. I mean they had more fans attend their game against Cal Poly than they did NDSU... Unless they expect to win they don't show. There will likely be about 15 fans in red at the game so if there are a large number of people it will be 99% SDSU fans. But it is fun listening to them say "I would go to the game, but *insert lame excuse how about how they didn't get loved on while attending a game."

Comment

I read the posts noting how very few tickets remain for tomorrow's game. I'd love to see a full house tomorrow but I won't be at all surprised if we don't hit 18,000. If attendance doesn't hit 19,000 that may indicate that a lot of tickets were picked up by one or more parties but not used for entrance to the game. When SDSU announces attendance, it's based on the count at the turnstiles, not tickets sold.

In recent years neither USD or SDSU traveled well when playing in the other team's facility. Like many, I have my reasons for not seeing another SDSU game in the Dakota Dome. I know USD fans say the same about attending a game in the Dykhouse Stadium. With the option to watch on TV, real or perceived aggravation or unpleasantness may be avoided. II tomorrow's head count approaches the 19340 capacity, I'll bet most of those fans will be Jacks fans or "neutral" fans wanting to see a good football game on a sunny fall day. Spectators wearing red will be easy to spot and fairly accurate guesstimates may be made at the game about how many USD fans were in the crowd.

I talked to a guy this morning who is a regularly-attending Jacks fan. He had no connection with SDSU but went to a few games when a kid from his hometown was on the SDSU team. He got hooked. He and a couple of his friends who go to games with him are examples of neutral fans in the stands is an investment for large crowds in the coming years.

Comment

I went to the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium page on Wikipedia to obtain the top-ten crowds in the stadium: The three largest were NDSU games. The fourth largest was against Youngstown and that crowd of 17,730 was 98% Jacks fans. The largest crowd for a USD game was 15345 in 2016.

All three home games played this season make the top-10 list. Below is the top-10 list from Wikipedia but revised to include the three 2022 home games. There is one USD game on the list, coming in at 8.

1 19,371 October 26, 2019 South Dakota State 16, North Dakota State 23
                            2 18,130 November 4, 2017 South Dakota State 33, North Dakota State 21
                            3 18,122 November 6, 2021 South Dakota State 27, North Dakota State 19
                            4 17,730 October 22, 2016 South Dakota State 24, Youngstown State 10
                            5 16,887 September 17, 2016 South Dakota State 31, Cal Poly 38
                            6 16,414 Sept 17, 2022 BUTLER
                            7 15,806 September 16, 2017 South Dakota State 51, Drake 10
                            8 15,345 November 12, 2016 South Dakota State 28, South Dakota 21
                            9 15,237 Oct 1 WESTERN ILLINOIS
                            10 15,182 Sept 10 UC-DAVIS

In the top four-attendance games, the teams were all ranked in FCS when the game took place.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

That's because USD fans don't travel. They are strictly home fair weather fans. I mean they had more fans attend their game against Cal Poly than they did NDSU... Unless they expect to win they don't show. There will likely be about 15 fans in red at the game so if there are a large number of people it will be 99% SDSU fans. But it is fun listening to them say "I would go to the game, but *insert lame excuse how about how they didn't get loved on while attending a game."
                              their reasons for not coming to games, football or basketball, is because they have had bad experiences when they come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Hard to say they are a good team this year., IMO. Their schedule has been tough, but they haven’t really been competitive in their 3 losses. Their 1 win was against 1-3 Cal Poly. Cal Poly is probably the worst team in the big sky. Their 1 win is a 28-27 win over non-scholarship San Diego. Their other 3 games have not been close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X