Stig….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig….

This is going to come off the wrong way to some but pretty disappointed in the season. Stig might be a great guy but I think him getting a contract extension was undeserving given some of the disappointing games. We lost too many games where we got out coached.
    What did the contract extension actually inspire? Really don’t see anyone trying to come and pluck him for another job. If I was an assistant coach for SDSU it would take a little wind out of my sails with the hope of moving up in the program.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
    This is going to come off the wrong way to some but pretty disappointed in the season. Stig might be a great guy but I think him getting a contract extension was undeserving given some of the disappointing games. We lost too many games where we got out coached.
    What did the contract extension actually inspire? Really don’t see anyone trying to come and pluck him for another job. If I was an assistant coach for SDSU it would take a little wind out of my sails with the hope of moving up in the program.
    Just curious, how much wind would it take out of your sails to be part of the staff responsible for making four of last five semifinal fields and have the coach canned or relegated to lame duck status?

Also, what message does it send to players recruited by this regime?

Comment

Never said they had to can him…

Comment

Never said they had to can him…
        So he's made a lame duck coach, and the implication is that the new coach must win a natty (or at least play for one) or he's one and done regarding contract?

That's not exactly conducive to attracting assistants on the rise or keeping players recruited out of the transfer portal

Comment

Face it. You're in Stig's world until at least 2026.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
            Face it. You're in Stig's world until at least 2026.
            I'm as frustrated by the outcome as anyone, but we shouldn't forget that 20 teams, from the playoff fields alone (not to mention all of FCS), would've liked to be in that world the past few seasons, and only one had a better outcome during the Spring season

Comment

Stig deserves a lot of credit for hiring good assistants, helping attract and retain good players, and for being a positive spokesman and example (most of the time) for the university. I like that he doesn't micromanage his offensive and defensive coordinators or other assistants. He lets them coach their specialties, and he focuses on big-picture issues and setting the overall direction of the program.
              Last edited by Jacked_Up; 12-19-2021, 11:28 AM.
              This space for lease.

Comment

True or false, Stig will win atleast one natty in the next 4 seasons?

TRUE

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  True or false, Stig will win atleast one natty in the next 4 seasons?

TRUE
                  How can you? How can you drink that kool-aid??

Comment

They have been to the semi finals 4 out of the last 5 years. This season was a disappointment for sure in the end. But who would you rather have as head coach??

Justin Sell said on the pregame show that Stig can basically name how long he wants to coach with the success he has had. Do you disagree with him?

He’s not perfect by any means but I don’t see how making a change actually makes the program better at this point.

Comment

He must be drinking from the same trough as Justin sell then.

Comment

They have been to the semi finals 4 out of the last 5 years. This season was a disappointment for sure in the end. But who would you rather have as head coach??

Justin Sell said on the pregame show that Stig can basically name how long he wants to coach with the success he has had. Do you disagree with him?

He’s not perfect by any means but I don’t see how making a change actually makes the program better at this point.
                        Apparently the argument is that Stig should've been allowed to finish former contract (or apparently been forced out if Jacks didn't win it all next season)

Comment

They have been to the semi finals 4 out of the last 5 years. This season was a disappointment for sure in the end.
                          You have a hunch. I have a hunch. We'll see.

Comment

I am having a hard time figuring out HOW your post could come off the wrong way??? you meant to say that you do not like coach stig and you think it is time for him to go. YES?? seems pretty tough for someone to get confused about what your point is

I think you got a VERY GOOD picture about what his assistant coaches think about him in the spring when you saw how many of his former assistants came to texas to cheer for the jacks to win the championship. his players and assistants love him. how many assistants have been hired away from the jacks. it seems pretty obvious that LOTS of coaches would think it was a great opportunity to be an assistant for Stig

this program has gone nowhere but UP for about twenty years. there are a handful at most of programs that would not give one of their testicles, maybe both, to trade places with SDSU. the one constant in all of that is STIG.

Comment

Stig use to operate on a 1 year contract… so what is wrong with waiting to extend until next year based on performance.
                              I guess I don’t ever see where Stig wins the “Big” games during the regular season or in the playoffs. To me that is him being out coached.
                              Do I think Stig should be fired? No, but I do think the grass is greener with what we have to offer for a school, program and facilities.

2015 SDSU lost to Montana in opening round.
                              2016 #8 SDSU best by #1 NDSU 36-10 in Quarterfinals
                              2017 #5 SDSU dismantled by #1 James Madison 51-16 in Semis
                              2018 #5 SDSU beat by #1 NDSU 44-21 in Semis
                              2019 #7 SDSU Lost against urUNI 13-10 in 2nd Round
                              2020 #1 SDSU Runner Up
                              2021 urSDSU lost to #8 Montana State in Semifinals. (Shouldn’t have been unseeded because we lost games we shouldn’t have during the regular season).

Please show me how I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X