Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read through a list of MN DI football signees yesterday. It seems like half were headed to Fargo, a few to Grand Forks, and 1 to Vermilion. None are headed to Brookings (aware of the Gerlach to UofM flip). This staff obviously knows how to put together a top 5 FCS team, but is there a reason SDSU whiffed in MN this go round?

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      I read through a list of MN DI football signees yesterday. It seems like half were headed to Fargo, a few to Grand Forks, and 1 to Vermilion. None are headed to Brookings (aware of the Gerlach to UofM flip). This staff obviously knows how to put together a top 5 FCS team, but is there a reason SDSU whiffed in MN this go round?
      Tommy Hamann, who is also from the Twin Cities area, had committed and flipped to Iowa State at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
        Recruiting of areas is a very inexact science. First of all you need to have a coach that has relationships with the coaches in MN. Second, you have to follow the interstates for recruiting. It isn't easy to get to Brookings from the Twin Cities. Very easy to get to Fargo/Grand Forks. We do well in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska (not as good as we used to since Jackson left, see my first point), etc.

MN has always been hit and miss, this year we didn't sign many guys, we will always get some just not this year.

Comment

Jacks add another to the class with OL Dawson Rudd from Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post

Recruiting of areas is a very inexact science. First of all you need to have a coach that has relationships with the coaches in MN. Second, you have to follow the interstates for recruiting. It isn't easy to get to Brookings from the Twin Cities. Very easy to get to Fargo/Grand Forks. We do well in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska (not as good as we used to since Jackson left, see my first point), etc.

MN has always been hit and miss, this year we didn't sign many guys, we will always get some just not this year.
            There are a lot of reasons we are not getting traction in Minnesota and specifically the Twin Cities for recruiting, but I highly doubt interstate access to Brookings is one of them.

Comment

There may be another Vinatieri headed to Brookings. http://www.twitter.com/AjVinatieri/s...44950374125575

Comment

Looks like we landed a D2 DT Brian Williams from Valdosta State
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

D2 AA with two years of eligibility left. CHAIN GANG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    Looks like we landed a D2 DT Brian Williams from Valdosta State
                    Nice addition, especially with the dt departures. Weak, docile cornerback play aside, stopping the power run game is critical!

Comment

The last couple weeks has brought a few more commits. Great additions to this class! Follow WSR’s, Jackrabbit Illustrated blog, Twitter or Facebook for all the details. Exciting stuff!

Comment

Really excited about the linebacker from Colorado!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          Really excited about the linebacker from Colorado!
                          In my uneducated opinion, it appears we have several very intriguing prospects at the LB position in this class.

Comment

Really like what we have done with linebackers since we had the decommits. Still unclear on David Alpers the TE from O'Gorman. Didn't sign in early signing period, but it appears we still may get a commit from him?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Really like what we have done with linebackers since we had the decommits. Still unclear on David Alpers the TE from O'Gorman. Didn't sign in early signing period, but it appears we still may get a commit from him?
                              i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA, but i wonder if he is waiting/ hoping to get some basketball offers?? i did not watch him so i do not know how good of FB player he is. i guess obviouisly good enough to get an offer from us. i have seen him play bball a few times. i would say no chance he gets offers from summit schools, at least good ones, but i would think he could definitely play gpac. maybe nsic, MAYBE

Comment

Nine new Jacks have committed so far on signing day today. Cullen McShane, Brody Gormley, Derrick Johnson, Rhett Foster, David Alpers, Zach Brummels, Brian Williams, Bryce Johnson, Kytan Fyfe.

Comment

Working...
                                X