Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For every highly rated recruit it sure seems like there is a walk-on or underrated recruit that makes as much or more of an impact.

Pierre Strong for example was only getting DII offers I believe. He's turned out alright.

Comment

Has David Alpers from O'Gorman signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Losing two to ISU-r I can attribute more to geography. It sure isn’t facilities, or recent team success.
        In the case of Keyhea, I believe someone said that a family issue recently surfaced that made him want to play closer to home. In Logan's case, the prospect of Davis being here three more years may have entered into the decision.

Comment

I’m excited about the recruits we have signed! Numbers might not be as high as past years, but quality is there! With the transfer portal and it’s impacts on high school recruiting, it might pay off to have some open spots available for spring signing day.

Comment

Meanwhile the Bison have 31 players committed. Consider me concerned.

Comment

How many do the Bison lose, how many are PWOs? I see Montana State has 17 signed. I don’t even know how many guys we have now are staying on for next year.

Comment

David Alpers was sharing his offense and defensive highlights on Twitter a week ago so imagine based on him not signing today may be no longer headed to Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  David Alpers was sharing his offense and defensive highlights on Twitter a week ago so imagine based on him not signing today may be no longer headed to Brookings.
                  Yet he shared Jason Andera’s midco tweet about homegrown talent heading to SDSU…I wouldn’t take too much stock into him not signing today. A lot of factors involved here.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Meanwhile the Bison have 31 players committed. Consider me concerned.
                    I think the limit for FCS football is 63 scholarships.
                    NDSU will have a lot of walk-ons or they will lose half their team this year if they are bringing in 31 players...
                    Now, if SDSU has several open scholarships or they bring in players at the last minute (that are NOT FCS players), I might worry some.m That is after the second signing period.

Comment

63 full scholarships can be distributed to 85 players.

Comment

FOLKS, we over signed last year, really the last two years. This is an intentionally small class. NDSU is going to have to cut players or grey shirt. They only have 11-ish players graduating. That will put there roster over 120. Most of those 31 players they signed are walk-ons.

Stop panicking about a small class.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

As the years go on I put less and less stock into signing day and recruits. There's no doubt in my mind that the quality of athletes (or are coaching) we've recruited have gotten better year by year. The early D1 years, nearly every player redshirted and there was no way most freshman could play. Now we have players playing and contributing early on. And how many guys do we see that are big name, have a few stars and FBS offers, and come here and we never hear from them. Meanwhile, there's a local kid who had an offer or two and works hard and makes big impacts on the program. Signing day is cool, especially for the HS athletes, but as a fan I care less and less about it each year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            FOLKS, we over signed last year, really the last two years. This is an intentionally small class. NDSU is going to have to cut players or grey shirt. They only have 11-ish players graduating. That will put there roster over 120. Most of those 31 players they signed are walk-ons.

Stop panicking about a small class.
                            Thanks WSR for being a voice of reason. I think we can agree the Bison aren’t light years ahead of us because they signed 31…heck, they signed 4 TEs, how many of those guys will be there after years 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

Thanks WSR for being a voice of reason. I think we can agree the Bison aren’t light years ahead of us because they signed 31…heck, they signed 4 TEs, how many of those guys will be there after years 1 or 2.
                              I used to get really worked up over signing day, over analyzing etc. with the transfer portal signing day is minimized drastically. Hate to say it but only a portion of these young men will be here in 4-5 years. Same with Bison, same with every school. If we have holes we can fill them with guys like Stalbird and Oladokun. We don't build our team on the backs of the portal, but we fill in where we need it. So if our number is small this year, I know we have a strong core behind it. Look at the number of QB's we have! We might have one of the strongest QB rooms in the country. As a Wisconsin Badger fan as well, they would dream of having the talent we have. We are just getting stronger and stronger.

Comment

I see that Brandon Lane entered the transfer portal yesterday as well. He's a player that added 45 lbs. during his time with the Jacks! I would have thought he would have a chance to get some decent playing time next year on the d-line. With Stacker, Ward, and Krolikowski all graduating this is an area we need to focus on and build up if we want to continue doing hockey line changes!

Comment

Working...
                                X