This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

He's a very good RB. Big and physical - would have been in the hunt to be # 2 RB right away.
    Ahh, I thought Logan Green was who you'd referenced

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

When I saw that Logan had decommitted, I figured he had gotten an FBS offer. But Illinois State ? Really ?
      https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high...c50650a1e.html

He initially committed to FCS powerhouse South Dakota State on Oct. 24, but on Nov. 9, he announced that he was reopening his recruitment.

“Me and my dad, we felt like it was a really quick decision (to commit) and things like that,” Logan said. “We didn’t take everything into consideration at first. It’s a far distance from home.”

I assume ILST being closer to home and the fact that James Robinson has made a good career for himself as a power RB helped seal the deal. Will be interesting to follow his career.

Comment

this is really frustrating. from what we can see, it looks like this young man could be a VERY GOOD RB. but i have NO DOUBT that Stig wished him all the best when he was informed of the decision to decommit. i also wish him the best. i hope he runs for tons of yards against EVERY team in the MVFC. except when he plays us and then i hope he experiences nothing except regret for deciding to get his butt kicked by the jacks instead of kicking butt with us

Comment

We'll have more coverage tomorrow. But here is where the class sits as of now. Hopefully their are a few surprised and a fruitful January/February but the 4 decommits have really hurt this class.
          https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...t-tracker.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Do we know (roughly) how many we are looking to sign this period? I know we lose quite a few but the COVID period won't last for ever and you have to spread out your classes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              Offers:
              RB - Emmett Johnson, 6-0 185, Minneapolis, MN (Holy Angels)- LIkely to sign with Nebraska
              RB - Trevor Burnett, 5-10 190, Glen Ellyn, IL (Glenbard South)- Likely to sign with Illinois
              WR - Trell Harris, 6-1 185, La Grange Park, IL (Nazareth Academy)
              LB - Darius Givance, Champlin, MN (Champlin Park)- Signed with NDSU
              LB - Zach Juckel, Lakeville, MN (Lakeville South)- Signed with Air Force
              ATH - Jacob Parrish, 5-11 165, Olathe, KS (North)- Likely to sign with Kansas State
              ATH - Wyatt Hatcher, 6-3 220, Council Bluffs, IA (Lewis Central)
              ATH - Sam Rensch, 6-6 200, Hutchinson, MN- Signed to play BB with Augie
              ATH - Toriano Tate, 6-1 195, Dekalb, IL
              Considering our success the last couple of seasons, this recruiting class really has taken a hit. Idk, do we look to hit the transfer portal to fill in some gaps? Not our style, but doesn't look like we were very successful hitting on our recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Do we know (roughly) how many we are looking to sign this period? I know we lose quite a few but the COVID period won't last for ever and you have to spread out your classes.
                See my post right about yours.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  Considering our success the last couple of seasons, this recruiting class really has taken a hit. Idk, do we look to hit the transfer portal to fill in some gaps? Not our style, but doesn't look like we were very successful hitting on our recruits.
                  Agree that this class is both smaller than most (in part by design because of SRs coming back) but also in ‘big names’ of recruits that hold lots of offers from other schools and lower tier FBS offers. Assume part of that is also because of being in the playoffs with less time to recruit over the last four weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sign more than usual for the spring signing day. But if not, as this class gets older there might be a need to bulk up numbers with transfers.

Comment

t
                    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    We over signed last year. I’m assuming some of the guys that walked on will get money now. However, they also didn’t expect all the 5th year seniors to leave who could have come back for a 6th COVID year. The Jan/Feb class will be bigger than we have seen.

Comment

Might not have as great a quantity for an initial signing but the guys that did are certainly high quality recruits. It’ll be interesting to see what transpires over the next month or two. Guys leaving, walk-ons earning schollies and so on.

Comment

This class is blah. Excited about Jalen Lee, Jace Sifore, Kaden Johnson and Quienton Christenson.

Comment

Seriously? How many “great” recruits do we see sign and then never “show up” when they hit their redshirt season and are gone that spring semester. Thinking of Reginald Gandy vs Brady Mengarelli. I also think of guys like Chris Balster who show up and just get it and produce. I think this class has some splash but also a blue collar feel to it. It’s tough to judge though, but I can get excited about these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                            This class is blah. Excited about Jalen Lee, Jace Sifore, Kaden Johnson and Quienton Christenson.
                            Ususally there are only a few standouts from a class anyway. Jace is the one i am looking forward to seeing. In the Howard high school championship game he looked like a man among boys there. Probably needs to adjust to the phsycality of the college game but I see a lot of upside with him.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Whats more crazy to me is how do 2 recruit decommit and go to ISU-R. I can see ones going to FBS, or NDSU or a top ranked school. But 2 to that school? Seems highly unlikely.

Would like to see more O lineman. In the past it seems that has caught up to us not having balanced llinemen in every class. We typically have a very good to one of the best lines around, but when your playing more underclassman and facing lineman all uperclassman it seems like its been a factor in years past.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Losing two to ISU-r I can attribute more to geography. It sure isn’t facilities, or recent team success.

Comment

Working...
                                X