23 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    I just find it interesting that he commits after Feldcamp entered the portal. Did we not have a scholarship to offer Peterson until someone entered the portal?
    I dont believe Feldkamp had a scholarship, my guess is they told him they weren't going to get him s scholarship next year and that's partially why he left.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

I dont believe Feldkamp had a scholarship, my guess is they told him they weren't going to get him s scholarship next year and that's partially why he left.
      I believe he was on scholarship. I remember SDSU was the first to offer him a PWO in high school, which prompted USD and UND to offer a scholarship. SDSU then upped the PWO to a scholarship. https://twitter.com/Feldkamp3Tyler/s...26368024440834

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

I believe he was on scholarship. I remember SDSU was the first to offer him a PWO in high school, which prompted USD and UND to offer a scholarship. SDSU then upped the PWO to a scholarship. https://twitter.com/Feldkamp3Tyler/s...26368024440834
        WSR's post from 5/20/21 indicated Feldkamp was receiving a scholarship. The same post mentions Coleman, but I think he ended up at IWCC, so it would be interesting to learn the actual scholarship distribution.

Comment

• Looks Like a big class coming in. Alot of O linemen lets go hogs
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• Wow. It looks like a RB, QB, safety and two d-linemen added today in the late signing period.
            This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Wow. It looks like a RB, QB, safety and two d-linemen added today in the late signing period.
              I believe the two linemen signed today are OL. But we are adding DE Blake Peterson off the portal from Iowa State.

Comment

• I believe there is one more signing period - a second portal period in May... I also expect a number of HS grads are bouncing around yet today... FBS teams trying last minute pickups.. players waiting it out.. Maybe the "Cole Brodie" late pickup is still an option.

Comment

• The Jacks ended up adding nine more recruits today to go along with the 16 guys added in the early period. Some of them are walk-ons. The class includes two QBs, perhaps because Rudy Voss retired.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    The Jacks ended up adding nine more recruits today to go along with the 16 guys added in the early period. Some of them are walk-ons. The class includes two QBs, perhaps because Rudy Voss retired.
                    i found that interesting also, i do think the idea is usually to have one QB per class, but the recruiting experts here could probably say for sure

seems a good thought about Voss leaving, as a reason for the anomaly

i guess i was also thinking maybe it just means the kid we got today was too good to pass up, despite already having one in this class

Comment

• Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                      I believe there is one more signing period - a second portal period in May... I also expect a number of HS grads are bouncing around yet today... FBS teams trying last minute pickups.. players waiting it out.. Maybe the "Cole Brodie" late pickup is still an option.
                      I don't know if you can tell me but if we added 16 in the early period and 9 more today, how many more can SDSU add?
                      They only had 14 on the filed at senior day. Two of them were the Janke's, wasn't one Hines,and who else will be coming back?
                      Kraft did not walk out there, Voss could be a possibility and who else?

Will there be a season soon where players can not stick around for 6 years anymore? If that happens, SDSU might lose 30+ players in one offseason. ( That is just a guess because I have NO IDEA if that is anywhere near correct).
                      Can somebody help me?

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I don't know if you can tell me but if we added 16 in the early period and 9 more today, how many more can SDSU add?
                        They only had 14 on the filed at senior day. Two of them were the Janke's, wasn't one Hines,and who else will be coming back?
                        Kraft did not walk out there, Voss could be a possibility and who else?

Will there be a season soon where players can not stick around for 6 years anymore? If that happens, SDSU might lose 30+ players in one offseason. ( That is just a guess because I have NO IDEA if that is anywhere near correct).
                        Can somebody help me?
                        Izzo and Kolpack discussed roster attrition and stability during a recent podcast, and I believe they mentioned 2025 as the year they expected less influence from the Covid eligiblity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          Can somebody help me?
                          My guess is that anybody on the team in the fall of 2020/spring of 2021 is eligible for 6 years. So if my math is right, any player who joined in 2016 (or 2017, 2018, 2019) and had 5 years that would have ended in fall 2020/spring 2021 (or fall 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024) got to carry over a 6th year. And any player that joined in fall 2020/spring 2021 could use up to 6 years of eligibility ending in fall 2025. Any player joining fall 2021 and after, has 5 years of eligibility. So after fall 2025 and going into 2026, many colleges across the country could have a unique roster problem.

Comment

• Be interesting to see if Chase is fully healthy for spring ball. With how we like to run Mark, and supposedly Chase being an even better athlete, I really hope we see some packages for Chase. That being said, with Voss gone and I heard Keaton is hanging it up, do they try to bring in another QB along with our recent signee? I saw Karst Hunter entered the portal. Wonder if there's a chance he comes back. Wouldn't be bad having a backup with 2 years of playing experience under their belt and would already know most of the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                              Be interesting to see if Chase is fully healthy for spring ball. With how we like to run Mark, and supposedly Chase being an even better athlete, I really hope we see some packages for Chase. That being said, with Voss gone and I heard Keaton is hanging it up, do they try to bring in another QB along with our recent signee? I saw Karst Hunter entered the portal. Wonder if there's a chance he comes back. Wouldn't be bad having a backup with 2 years of playing experience under their belt and would already know most of the offense.
                              Saw a video on Twitter last week of Mason and one of the Janke's doing windmill slam dunks and Chase wasn't wearing any kind of knee brace. So I'm guessing he will be fine for spring ball, but they may not allow any contact to be on the safe side. http://www.twitter.com/Tanner_Castor...46172168110080
                              Last edited by bigticket1; 02-02-2023, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• The Jacks added two QBs in the new recruiting class, which would offset the loss of Rudy Voss and possibly Keaton Heide. In addition, the team still has QBs Mark Gronowski, Chase Mason, Jeff Becker and Jon Bell. Correct?
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X