No announcement yet.

Who’s making the Trip - Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticketing website appears to be overwhelmed. I kept getting error messages online. So I ordered tickets on the app. That worked. But then I got two confirmation numbers ... and two orders. So apparently one of my online orders did go through when I got an error message. Long story short, I have three extras ... face value, if anybody needs them and I can't get this resolved.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Planning on going to KC Friday night and then into Frisco on Saturday. Back for work Monday morning. It'll be a long trip but worth it. Am I the only one considering bringing my cowbell??

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Planning on going to KC Friday night and then into Frisco on Saturday. Back for work Monday morning. It'll be a long trip but worth it. Am I the only one considering bringing my cowbell??
        Is it allowed?

Comment

We are officially up to 2 car loads now, we will be driving partway on Friday and finishing up the trip Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Is it allowed?
            Allowed? No, not according to NCAA rules. But then Sam Houston's fans have been known to ring a cowbell or two themselves at the NCAA games they've hosted. So I think we're in "use your own judgement" range.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I hope to meet whoever is going. I will be at the game with my wife and we plan on getting there early. I'm sort of tired of looking at orange-clad fans and look forward to meeting a lot of Jackrabbits. Hope the crowd is good. See you guys at the restaurants, bars, and of course, the game.

Comment

I have gotten or heard a couple recommendations.
                the blue goose cantina in Plano or right by stadium
                Rodeo goat in Dallas (burger place)

Comment

I'm seeing on das Twittr that both schools have sold out of their allotment of tickets.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Our Group is Flying down on Saturday, direct flight will be at a hotel near the stadium. Sounds like the alumni assoc is having a gathering in the Cowboys Practice facility. Anyone else talking about pregaming somewhere.
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

i think this is appropriate for a thread about traveling to the game. if i am wrong i apologize.

i see a little bit of conversation starting about where to eat. i am sure some of you live in texas, so maybe you will add to this, but i did live in san antonio for 4 years and of course i liked the mexican food, but the food i dream about TOO OFTEN STILL is the texas bbq!!!!

my favorite, at that time was only in san antonio. but i believe they are in the DFW area now. place called Rudys. if it is anywhere close to you i cannot recommend it strongly enough

but even if you cannot get rudys, it would be terrible to make a trip to texas and NOT have some TX BBQ!!! probably worse than someone coming to brookings and not trying nicks!! so PLEASE if you have never tried it please get you some!!!!

TX BBQ is easily the king of all the different type of usa bbq. i have read many many bbq blogs and food expert commentary and that is by far the consensus! i have seen from multiple food people who have done the usa bbq experiment, traveling to memphis, the carolinas, kansas city, and texas. without fail they come to the conclusion that texas bbq is the KING

Comment

Driving down with a buddy. Going part way on Friday and the rest Saturday. Going to get 18 holes in Saturday as well! Anyone got good supper ideas there? Would be fun to have a group of people get rowdy Saturday night and kick it off right!

Comment

Looking like I will have one extra ticket. Based on priority points (should be a good seat...I hope) Let me know if you are looking for a single. Verified Jacks fans only. Face value

Comment

I've got a group of four--two friends coming down to overnight Friday night here in Eastern Jackson County (i.e. KC), then we'll go on to Frisco on Saturday. In Frisco we'll be at the Comfort Suites right next to the stadium (my wife is a travel planning virtuoso!)

Planning to go to the Saturday night Alumni Association pep rally at Tostitos Championship Plaza at The Star in Frisco. Big doin's in the (suburban) Big D!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hard 8 BBQ is fantastic. They have a big smoke pit and you walked past it and they open it up and you pick out whatever you want and pay by the weight. Looks like "The Colony" location is about 8 miles from stadium.

SUPERBUNNY
                              Hard Eight BBQ is a family owned and operated business that was started by the late Phillip Nivens and his wife Vicki, along with his son-in-law Chad Decker and wife Carie.
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
                                Looking like I will have one extra ticket. Based on priority points (should be a good seat...I hope) Let me know if you are looking for a single. Verified Jacks fans only. Face value
                                There is someone in the ticket exchange thread looking for a ticket for their son, a current SDSU student.

Comment

Working...
                                X