X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who’s making the Trip - Frisco

Who’s making the trip to Frisco?

Planning of a road trip has commenced.

I’ll be there with 3 others. I know of several more good friends coming down. As long as I can get tickets tomorrow, it’s all set. Looks like lots of hotels around the stadium, and several bars and restaurants. Should be a blast.

Flying into Dallas on Saturday and taking off on Monday.

Comment

I'll have a group of 4. Tomorrow I'll see if my Jackrabbit Club ranking number gets me a decent pod of tickets!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I really want to go. My brother does as well. So do my parents. The cost of the flights is the biggest hangup right now. I don't want to drive in a regular vehicle. Too much time being uncomfortable for large people. However, would love a larger RV/bus situation with a bunch of people. Party could commence in South Dakota and continue all the way to Frisco. Would love any info on anything like this existing.

Even if that isn't an option, would love info on where everyone is staying. I want to make a vacation out of it. Plan on getting plenty lubricated. Would really like to get lubricated with fellow SDSU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfan86 View Post
          I really want to go. My brother does as well. So do my parents. The cost of the flights is the biggest hangup right now. I don't want to drive in a regular vehicle. Too much time being uncomfortable for large people. However, would love a larger RV/bus situation with a bunch of people. Party could commence in South Dakota and continue all the way to Frisco. Would love any info on anything like this existing.

Even if that isn't an option, would love info on where everyone is staying. I want to make a vacation out of it. Plan on getting plenty lubricated. Would really like to get lubricated with fellow SDSU fans.
          I would hope that the Athletic Department (or more likely the Alumni Association/Foundation) is at least considering a bus rental. Wouldn't hurt to get hold of them to at least let them know you're interested.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll certainly check with them. I feel like COVID will put an end to any discussion of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfan86 View Post
              I'll certainly check with them. I feel like COVID will put an end to any discussion of that.
              Well, airlines are starting to fill the middle seats, so the problem is generally working itself out. Maybe require vaccination proof to go on the trip? There are ways...
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I’m flying out of Sioux Falls as I’m on a time crunch with commitments both Saturday and Monday but some of our party found cheaper flights out of Omaha leaving on Saturday. MSP had some decent prices/options too. Google Flights is always great for looking around at cheaper options.

Comment

I'm planning on driving down with a few friends I made in my band days. The Pride won't be able to go this year, but there should be plenty of alumni representing them in spirit. Go State! Go State!
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Strongly considering it. I have to bartend a wedding Saturday so I would have to fly out Sunday. Rapid City has a direct flight into DFW that lands at like 9:30 which would give me time to tailgate for a bit before the game starts. Biggest hang up right now is the price of the flight, hoping that comes down.

Comment

Got tickets this morning via SloSho and booked the hotel room this morning. Driving down Saturday morning. Going to be a long week.

Comment

Travel, hotel and tickets bought will be heading down with UWMandSDSU.

Comment

My wife and I, and two others are flying out of Omaha Thursday on Southwest, which flys to Dallas Love Field, which is closer to Frisco than the larger Dallas airport. Going to the Alumni gathering Saturday night, and looking around now to see if we can tailgate with other people near Toyota Stadium in Frisco.

Comment

Driving part way Friday and the rest of the way Saturday. Going with 2 other guys.

Comment

A group of 3 of us driving from Yankton, leaving Friday. Not a bad drive really, straight down hwy 81. See you all there. Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X