The Game, Frisco, TX, May 16, 1 pm CDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    i have ABSOLUTELY ZERO information here, BUT perhaps one factor that you might not be considering here Jake. COST??? i can imagine that perhaps frisco might be willing to do the game for very very little cost to the NCAA, because of the economic gain for the community. some of the facilities that you have referenced- Alamodome- for instance would definitely NOT be inexpensive. and san antonio might not particularly care as they have so much tourist business to their downtown area year round

AGAIN i am not saying that i know ANYTHING!! but i guess cost is a factor. i also imagine there could be higher quality fields or even domed fields available in other communities that would appreciate the economic opportunity of hosting such an event

all that said, it is a little ironic for us to be arguing against playing in the natural elements, when for such a long time that was part of the fabric or our program, and definitely played to our advantage at times in the CAS era

and that said i really wish we could bring this entire discussion to a close. who would have imagined that we could keep this topic going for over 6 pages, but we are entering into a bit of a dead period for sports topics so maybe there is nothing else to talk about)??
    The key element for me here is that the national championship is intended to be played on a neutral field. Of course, that's not the case for Jacks' regular-season and playoff home games.

I'll concede the Alamodome is extremely wishful thinking, but imagine the NCAA pairing the Alamo Bowl one week and then the FCS Championship within a couple weeks of that

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Honestly, my rationale for the dome is the genuine belief that extreme weather events will become more common. Again, I understand that weather is part of the game, and I've attended cold weather games in Brookings and had some of the most fun there; however, if the goal is a neutral field and the game will be played in January, a dome may be a better bet
      This just makes me smile. Good on ya for admitting it...but a rabbit fan wanting to play in a dome...I say, I say I has seen it all.*

*Please read in your best Foghorn Leghorn voice

Comment

• Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Could there be better? Absolutely. But, it is the best available that wants the game. That's the kicker. Frisco and Plano have done quite a bit to pump up the atmosphere. I was in Florida during a bowl game...and I have to say Frisco/Plano stacked up pretty well. I would love to have the game further south in Texas so as to have a warm weather game...but as is, for us it is about a 17 hour drive...doable in a day, but most break it into two days. Gets tougher to get mass quantities of fans if it gets much further away. For Bison fans, it has gotten a bit stale as we've done every tourist type thing there is to do...would be nice to see a new place. But then, they have opened the place up to Bison fans...the extra special treatment goes along way. And I really like Texas barbecue and tex-mex.

So as for me, I like it where it is. Perfect size stadium.

Last thought...is there a touch of irony in Jack fans wishing the game to be played in a dome? I've got a detector for this and it is going haywire...
        I admit I don't always read every post terribly closely, but I think "Jack fans wishing the game to be played in a dome" should possibly be singular, not plural.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

I admit I don't always read every post terribly closely, but I think "Jack fans wishing the game to be played in a dome" should possibly be singular, not plural.
          Don't make me to back through this thread...I'm positive there were more than one that made the comment...I earned that plural!!

Comment

This just makes me smile. Good on ya for admitting it...but a rabbit fan wanting to play in a dome...I say, I say I has seen it all.*

*Please read in your best Foghorn Leghorn voice
            What I "want" is a game in which the primary determinant in the outcome is both teams' quality of play rather than who can respond most effectively to an hour long delay or who can weather potential injuries that may be caused by poor field conditions that a better site wouldn't be subject to.

Unfortunately, a cold weather site wouldn't really be an option, unless the field is heated to prevent freezing in January

Comment

Don't make me to back through this thread...I'm positive there were more than one that made the comment...I earned that plural!!
              Well, I've apparently been made into a non-football playing, cross-dressing insurrectionist by a Bearkat, so I'm between two and twenty people in his/her mind ...

Comment

• Football should be played outdoors. I enjoyed the game even if i did get wet, soaked, drenched.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Football should be played outdoors. I enjoyed the game even if i did get wet, soaked, drenched.
                  I tend to agree -- hence the purchase of Jacks' season and playoff tickets. However, whether avid fans like ourselves enjoyed the game and whether better locations and/or adaptations could be made to increase fan interest, viewership, and attendance are completely separate issues, attempts to conflate the two notwithstanding.

We've had similar discussions about Jacks' attendance at DJD, and if we're basing strategies on what rabid Jacks fans on this forum are saying, we're missing opportunities, and almost doomed to fail, to attract casual fans.

Similarly, if the mindset is "well, Frisco's worked," and "it is what it is," we're unlikely to generate much additional interest in FCS football. Plus, folks have rather quickly forgotten the storms Texas experienced just a couple months ago, so proactively scheduling "neutral site" games in locations/at sites where games are considerably less likely to be disrupted is prudent

Comment

On the next episode of "Real Manly Men of Texas".... the tale of a Bearkat who doesn't address simple questions and fixates on topics that aren't even discussed. Will our audience chalk it up to "it is what it is?" Find out this week.
                    LOL, I like that one. Would be a darn good show.

But..but..but.. but we finally got the Natty moved away from Frisco and the Dome's a/c broke so it was too hot and we lost. If..if..if..if the Dome's playing surface had been field turf instead of natural grass turf, then we could have ran faster and we would have won. It's ALWAYS gotta be something with fans like you.

Btw, fire away with your simple questions and I'll answer them all. Number them, and I'll even answer point by point. I've been so amazed at your delusional attitude about a location causing a loss that I must've overlooked your actual questions to me. My apologies for that dear sir.

Comment

Could there be better? Absolutely. But, it is the best available that wants the game. That's the kicker. Frisco and Plano have done quite a bit to pump up the atmosphere. I was in Florida during a bowl game...and I have to say Frisco/Plano stacked up pretty well. I would love to have the game further south in Texas so as to have a warm weather game...but as is, for us it is about a 17 hour drive...doable in a day, but most break it into two days. Gets tougher to get mass quantities of fans if it gets much further away. For Bison fans, it has gotten a bit stale as we've done every tourist type thing there is to do...would be nice to see a new place. But then, they have opened the place up to Bison fans...the extra special treatment goes along way. And I really like Texas barbecue and tex-mex.

So as for me, I like it where it is. Perfect size stadium.

Last thought...is there a touch of irony in Jack fans wishing the game to be played in a dome? I've got a detector for this and it is going haywire...
                      Hey TAB, yea I bet so. Y'all have been there enough, lol. Btw, I didn't notice or hear about it before...at what point and after which Natty, did the Toyota Stadium complex name the street beside it to "Bison Boulevard"?

Comment

• Originally posted by TTman7Bearkat View Post

LOL, I like that one. Would be a darn good show.

But..but..but.. but we finally got the Natty moved away from Frisco and the Dome's a/c broke so it was too hot and we lost. If..if..if..if the Dome's playing surface had been field turf instead of natural grass turf, then we could have ran faster and we would have won. It's ALWAYS gotta be something with fans like you.

Btw, fire away with your simple questions and I'll answer them all. Number them, and I'll even answer point by point. I've been so amazed at your delusional attitude about a location causing a loss that I must've overlooked your actual questions to me. My apologies for that dear sir.
                        You have nearly twenty posts, and probably two address the topic(s) the post you've responded to mentioned, so you not addressing a question is one of the few things in life I'd consider a sure bet.

Better venues are available, others (including one of the Bison fans you wanted me to ask) admit interest in other venues, yet you completely ignore that. Well, we have the answer to our "RMMoT" question (making that a series an inevitable casualty of "cancel culture" due to lack of plot development and lack of character relatability)

Comment

I tend to agree -- hence the purchase of Jacks' season and playoff tickets. However, whether avid fans like ourselves enjoyed the game and whether better locations and/or adaptations could be made to increase fan interest, viewership, and attendance are completely separate issues, attempts to conflate the two notwithstanding.

We've had similar discussions about Jacks' attendance at DJD, and if we're basing strategies on what rabid Jacks fans on this forum are saying, we're missing opportunities, and almost doomed to fail, to attract casual fans.

Similarly, if the mindset is "well, Frisco's worked," and "it is what it is," we're unlikely to generate much additional interest in FCS football. Plus, folks have rather quickly forgotten the storms Texas experienced just a couple months ago, so proactively scheduling "neutral site" games in locations/at sites where games are considerably less likely to be disrupted is prudent
                          I agree, if a domed stadium was an option I think the FCS/ NCAA should pursue it for the National Championship Game. Would Globe Life Field be an option? SDSU missed judged it fan base. The majority of them are casual, fair weather and event driven. Not building a dome is a big mistake for SDSU. The home playoff attendance easily proves this.
                          We...ARE...STATE!
                          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

You have nearly twenty posts, and probably two address the topic(s) the post you've responded to mentioned, so you not addressing a question is one of the few things in life I'd consider a sure bet.

Better venues are available, others (including one of the Bison fans you wanted me to ask) admit interest in other venues, yet you completely ignore that. Well, we have the answer to our "RMMoT" question (making that a series an inevitable casualty of "cancel culture" due to lack of plot development and lack of character relatability)
                            LOL..have fun with your condition. Unless you want to get help, it's going to be pretty dreary for you son.

Comment

• I suppose I have been remiss in not hitherto pointing out that among the basic guidelines for this board is "discuss posts, not posters."
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X