Update on SDSU and D1AA Move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on SDSU and D1AA Move.

Over on D2football.com which you have to pay $29.95 to look at the message board, GoCoyotes who came on this thread as the NCC Fan, started the thread about SDSU D1. He posted all the Argus articles plus the Aberdeen American News report. It kind of funny in my mind how he conveniently left out Yankton Press and Dakotan article, and the part towards the last that is posted above.

Dave Korneman,SDSU National Champion Wrestler speaks for me, but as much I have admired Jim Marking in the past, he does not speak for me either on this matter. I told the Gocoyotes guy that Marking does not speak for SDSU alums anymore than Kelly Higgins speaks for the entire USD alumni. For those who dont know who Kelly Higgins is he is the AD that got his walking papers.

One of the big events that Higgins forgot to organize was the Fundraiser that USD has helde about the same time as the Stan Marshall deal in Brookings. This USD Event is highlighted with the presence of Pat OBrien of CBS sports. Pat O'Brien is a Sioux Falls native and USD grad. This year he got his letter late and could not be on hand, so the event was cancelled I guess. Thats why they are looking for a new AD in Vermillion.

Comment

I had a chance to read some of the comments by NCC Fan. Definitely a troubled and disgruntled USD Fan. While I can see UND moving up at some point I don't envision USD ever making that jump. I would think Northern may be an option for membership in the NCC as they have always had tremendous fan support. It should be fun on the road for both SDSU and NDSU as everybody will be gunning for us. If we don't win you will hear the catcalls of 'Overrated and "Go D1". I think Higgins made a number of mistakes that lead to his demise. I would love to fastforward 10 years and see what all the people spreading the negativity will say then. It seems the people that are agains't SDSU making the move don't feel we are in the same league as NDSU which is absurb. Once Coughlin is renovated and expanded and we add a wellness center we will be better or on par with most of the DI teams that we will be competing against.

Comment

You know what I like best about all the nay sayers. . .they don't really matter anymore. They can talk all they want be we are going to D I/I AA. Boo Hoo for them. :'(

Go State!

Comment

Has anyone been able to retrieve the full Argus Leader
          article today (Aug 18th) that analyzes the conference options as it was cut off halfway through the story on the argus website.

Comment

The Argus fixed their problem. You can read the whole thing now.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Mondayarticle2.shtml

Go SDSU!

Comment

The Register finally got their story on the web, here it is:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...2769&rfi=6

Comment

Working...
              X