Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recruits

DesCamps was in St Cloud this weekend for an official visit. Talked with someone that was there. He was offered a schlorship
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by sodakfan
      Good news for Rabbits, a friend of mine teaches with DesCamps' Mother has learned that the DesCamps will be in Brookings this weekend for an official visit.  The visit will include the SDSU vs USD basketball game Friday nite.
          Also, I want to post a photo I had earlier posted up on the Sioux board.  I have never [posted a link here, so if it doesn't work, would someone with more smarts than me do it the proper way??
          All I could think of when I saw this picture is, "How would you like to tackle 190 lbs. of this coming at you at sprinter speed?"
          Here is a picture I found on the web of Tyson DesCamps long jumping at Howard Wood last spring. He went almost 21 ft. if my memory is correct. His Coach ran him in Relays, his first and only 100 was timed at 11.11 electronic.

http://www.fallsevents.com/inertia/2...030502-204.jpg
      So which is it, was he in Brookings or St. Cloud this weekend???

Comment

He was in St Cloud.....
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

and SDSU...........They had 2 groups of recruits, DesCamps left early as per prior agreement.

Comment

sodakfan,

If I hear you right, he was in Brookings Friday night for the State vs U game. Any word from him (or those who know him) how his visit went?

Comment

Harris did not make the Argus Elite 45 but maybe he was overlooked.
              From today Argus Fast talk

FOOTBALL: Washington High senior JaRon Harris has given his verbal commitment to play for South Dakota State University next fall. Harris, a wide receiver, decided between Colorado State, South Dakota and SDSU. He only played one season of high school football but scored touchdowns this past fall on offense, defense and special teams.

Comment

I've heard this kid can play and with some seasoning could be a factor for the Jacks down the road.

Comment

Randy Hedburg steals one :'( Talk is Tyson D committed to St Cloud. No one is more shocked than I am! Sometimes you just have to wonder what these kids are thinking. My guess is Stig might not have went after him real hard because we do have great depth at rb, or maybe he has a great one on the string.

Comment

That is indeed a surprise. Why somone would want to go to school where Hockey will always be the premier sport on campus is puzzeling. I know St. Cloud is building a new football stadium and does have a nice campus. Back to Sioux Falls Washington's JaRon Harris committment. As Sioux Falls continues to grow as a city I think as a recruiting ground it will take on more of a focus. There are many athletes in Sioux Falls and elsewhere that don't neccesarily win the postseason awards yet have the talent to play at the next level. I remember growing up in Sioux Falls looking around the hallways at all the kids who did not go out for sports and yet in gym class showed they could be great athletes. There is a real effort in Sioux Falls to make sports more accesible to minorities and lower income kids. lt is more difficult for kids to standout in schools the size of the Sioux Falls schools. I saw many kids just give up and not participate. I also think the reservations contain some talent that never gets a chance. We need to explore all options to be competive. Sports such as soccer and hockey have spread the talent around even more.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUY
                      That is indeed a surprise. Why somone would want to go to school where Hockey will always be the premier sport on campus is puzzeling.
                      That isn't a very accurate statement to argue with as to why someone would chose a school. If that is your response, then why would he want to go to SDSU where the premier sport is basketball ??? That is a minimal part of any scenario at best as evidenced by UND, St. Cloud, and UNO recent success on the field.

Comment

While the schools you have cited have had success on the field they have not with the exception of UND put fans in the seats consistently in sports other than hockey. The emphasis on hockey by NCC schools who have a program in the sport has contributed to the downfall of the conference. I think your either are a DI program or your not and the ability of schools to field a DI program in Hockey and not other sports is insane.

Comment

I just hope this place doesn't become the kind of place Josh Ranek never could have become JOSH RANEK ??? ???

Comment

Interesting thought about Josh Ranek. However, I've heard Ranek was offered a football scholarship by two schools ... SDSU and Sioux Falls College. Evidently there were a boat load of schools who misjudged him. I am an optimist. I believe there will be other athletes (not like Josh, he was a one in a billion find) who will come here, surprise everyone, and end up in the NFL. Look at Timmerman. Why didn't Iowa offer him a scholarship? Or, how about Steve Heiden? Where was the University of Minnesota on that deal? And, how many schools blew it on Adam Vinatieri? He probably came to SDSU on less than half a scholarship.

That's the fun part about all of this. We are going to get some kids in here that will blossom and we get to watch it!

Comment

I assume, based on that last post, that sodakfan is implying that DesCamps chose SCSU (if he even did) over SDSU because SDSU wasn't interested. We don't know that!

For clarification purposes please, sodakfan, answer this questionl. What the hell do you mean?

I don't see how DesCamps and Ranek are even remotely related. Perhaps, this is my own ignorance or short-sighted nice. Regardless, I would love to be enlightened, please give it your best shot.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Easy there Doc go somewhere and think of a happy place 8) All I know is that IMHO the best rb in SD is not going to the best school in SD. Obviously I could be dead wrong on all accounts, ie: DesCamps is coming to SDSU, not SCSU, or there is a better rb in the state. If I am right on one of these, it's kinda bad, if I'm right on both it's a real bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X