Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recruits

I think our recruiting area will stay the same, although we may need to look outside of their area for speed, but by moving to I-AA we will get more kids then we have in the past.

What I mean is, in the past say a kid is looking at say St. Cloud, SDSU, and USD. All about equal. Now same kid looks at all three and says I can play a level up from the other two schools. I also think we can get some kids who might not be good enough to play for Minn. or Iowa.

I have read before (sorry I can't remember who posted it) and agree that if we raise the bar (I-AA in SD) that our SD kids will raise their games. I think you will always see lots of SD kids on our teams. I also agree with JACKGUY and say I support the University. When a kid puts on the Blue and Yellow he is a South Dakota State kid. Delaware just won the I-AA national championship. Was it a championship for 43% Delaware, 8% Florida, 4% Maryland. NO Delaware won the championship and who cares were the kids came from. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
      . . . I have read before (sorry I can't remember who posted it) and agree that if we raise the bar (I-AA in SD) that our SD kids will raise their games . . .
      I know I've said something similar on the board...I've also heard that we're getting some interest from some Nebraska kids whose only other alternative would be to walk on at N.U.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Man I love to hear that. I think Nebraska with NU being the only DI football program in the state has huge potential. I would like to see us pick up some of the Basketball talent that is in Omaha! USD has done well in Nebraska recruiting in recent years.

Comment

First of all the recruiting class from last spring had about six or seven from the state of Nebraska, the most I have seen in 18 years that I have lived here. One recruit in particular was dressed for the games in case it became necessary to play. No 17 Adrian Headon was third in the depth chart behind Ande Kardoes. If Nelson had gone down due to injury, the red shirt would have been pulled. Headon played high school at Omaha Northeast and apparently has some talent.

I was curious about Tyson Descamps and went to the Elite 45 of the Argus leader. And if he has heart, this guy could be a larger, and bigger Josh Ranek.

Tyson DesCamps - Aberdeen Roncalli
          An impressive blend of power and speed, DesCamps made the Cavaliers a dangerous opponent. The 5-foot-9, 190-pounder rushed for 1,500 yards, averaging 6.4 yards a carry. He also averaged 30 yards a kickoff return and had 50 tackles from his strong safety spot. He has 4.65 speed in the 40 and bench presses 300 and squats 450. "Tyson is the total package," said Coach Terry Dosch. "One of the best I have had in 24 years of coaching."

Comment

The Quarterback position seems to be one that we are pretty solid. The Headen kid from Omaha would give us a quarterback that would provide a run option. Maybe we go with more of an option style of play. I would like to see us get some recievers with more speed and physical in the 6'2-6'3 range and 200lbs. Our defensive line seems a bit undersized in many games. We`seem to assembling a good stable of running backs.

Comment

I feel pretty good about our offense.  We did lose some guys to grad. on the O line, but other then that I feel ok. I hope that we can use some of the new scholarships on the defensive side of the ball. I agree with JACKGUY, the D-Line needs some help. I thought the backers and D backs were good, but we could use more depth. Ovarall I would like to see more overall team speed. Good luck to Coach Stig. I hope knowing where we are going helps him this year.

Comment

I posted this earlier on the Sioux Board

Brian Jark, a receiver from Aberdeen Central, has commited verbally to UND. Also UND has a verbal from a running back which may indicate that Tyson DesCamps is planning on staying in SD.

Comment

Its amazing how UND is working South Dakota every year.  I do know that Dale Lennon got his masters from Northern and was a grad assistant when Stig was an assistant at Northern.  Though this was late 1980's, it makes you wonder if Lennon still has a network in Aberdeen or is it that they can sell the winning program to recruits. Stig and Lennon are good friends, but after all these steals you wonder if that is not becoming a strained friendship.  
                  I am very curious and I wish this would stop.
                  :-[

Well thats hope Descamps will give SDSU a look.

Comment

Good news for Rabbits, a friend of mine teaches with DesCamps' Mother has learned that the DesCamps will be in Brookings this weekend for an official visit. The visit will include the SDSU vs USD basketball game Friday nite.
                    Also, I want to post a photo I had earlier posted up on the Sioux board. I have never [posted a link here, so if it doesn't work, would someone with more smarts than me do it the proper way??
                    All I could think of when I saw this picture is, "How would you like to tackle 190 lbs. of this coming at you at sprinter speed?"
                    Here is a picture I found on the web of Tyson DesCamps long jumping at Howard Wood last spring. He went almost 21 ft. if my memory is correct. His Coach ran him in Relays, his first and only 100 was timed at 11.11 electronic.

http://www.fallsevents.com/inertia/2...030502-204.jpg

Comment

This is great news, as we need the good ones from SD. With the brother's help we should land the Fisher kid from Gettysburg. The area around Selby seems to be very supportive of their native son John Stieglemeier

Unless Koneche from Kimball has some Big 10 or 12 offers for wrestling, we should connect in Kimball too.

Comment

I would imagine we will see a lot of recruits walking around Frost this weekend. What an atmosphere for these young people to experience the support the Jack Nation has for it's programs.

Comment

http://www.fallsevents.com/inertia/2...030502-204.jpg

try this one!!

Comment

Wow, this guy has an athletic body. If he signs we got a good athlete without a question.

Comment

He would look real good in a jack uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by sodakfan
                                http://www.fallsevents.com/inertia/20030501/HOWARD_WOOD/HS/field/biggerTs/20030502-204.jpg

try this one!!

[img]http://www.fallsevents.com/inertia/20030501/HOWARD_WOOD/HS/field/biggerTs/20030502-204.jpg
                                [/img]

is he wearing green and gold already : as long as he doesn't go to und... I will be happy

Comment

Working...
                                X