2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 and 2005 Football Schedules

Take the UNO - UNC smack talk somewhere else. Don't need to tune in to the SDSU board expecting to read about SDSU and have to put up with your trash talking to each other. If you want to talk about how great UNO is start your own board. I'm sure between UNO and USD you can find someone with enough computer literacy to help you out. I'll even spot you a web site

www.wearenotquiteasgoodasyou.com

Have fun with your board. I'm sure plenty of UNC, NDSU, and SDSU fans will be surfing your site to see how your rise to the top of D2 is going. And yes, I'm even man enough to congratulate UNO on their wrestling national championship. That is a great accomplishment. Now go the _ _ _ _ away!!!

Comment

UNCBear,

What year do you plan on coming to the CWS. I will be sure and let my great great grandkids know to be on the lookout. I compare you to NDSU, your football program will do fine.( I hope you don't use strippers to recruit like the other state colleges do) It is the other sports that will suffer. Your basketball arena is an eyesore. Your football team does not draw anymore fans than ours does and neither does your basketball team. We play Creighton in basketball every year in front of 10,000 plus so what's your point. Your town does smell. I have been to many games there. I don''t miss going there.  I did a little research on Johnson and Wales. They are a cooking school on the east coast. Maybe you can have a cookout after next years game. I hear they have a great recipe for humble pie!!!!!

Maverick

SDSU fan, again this is not your board, The website is d1aa.com so I can talk smack if I feel like it. I will stay off your other website http://www.weregoingtostrugglelikehe...xtfewyears.com

Comment

big jake and maverick #1,

why don't you save yourself some time and the hassle and just post under 1 name.  And for crying out loud, find yourself a better hobby that's better than looking up at the a$$ of the Jackrabbits.  Do you golf?  If not, now would be a great time to start...  

I'm going to offer some advice.  If you want to consider it than fine, if not, that's just fine also.  You seem to have a passion for college athletics.  That's great.  Find some way to turn all the negative energy towards SDSU, UNC and others into something positive.  I'm sure there is a food shelter or even better, a youth mentoring/big brother program in Omaha.  Those kids would love to see a college game.

You have all this hate/anger inside of you.  Take some time and reflect upon your life.  Figure out what's important and focus yourself in that direction.  Good luck in your future.  I wish the best for you.

Comment

I never said UNO had a bad program and I think that UNO should move up to D-I--so the fact that UNO can beat UNC or SDSU in something does not dissuade me from supporting their moves to D-I. In fact, I think UNO is in a better position than UNC to move up being that there is no other D-I school in Nebraska other than the one. Therefore, I think the market would be ripe there for a move up.

I am criticizing UNO and UND for lack of vision in their decisions to not move up because I think both schools should and I think they will regret not doing so. I also think UNC, NDSU, and SDSU would benefit from UNO and UND making the move.

The smack talk back and forth is fun but I realize inappropriate here. I am just trying to clarify why I was talking smack. I do agree that it shouldn't be done on this message board and I will refrain in the future.

Comment

A little "criticism" from the appropriate place should always be tolerated and ideally accepted. "Smack" can be of high quality even if its a little "sharp". I for one enjoy it as long as it meets these criteria. It helps keep things interesting. I enjoy UNCbear and I actually like having maverick, maverick#1 and bigjake around.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              SDSU fan, again this is not your board, The website is d1aa.com so I can talk smack if I feel like it.
              Sorry, I guess the technicality of someone hosting the website was lost on me. I suppose it matters nothing that the subfolder at the top of the page is South Dakota State.

If some people enjoy reading UNO fan's rants that's fine. But start a new thread. Last time I checked this thread was titled "2004 and 2005 Football Schedules". I expect check this thread for updates on SDSU's football schedules since this is an SDSU based site not to read about UNO fan's take on all things related to hating schools trying to challenge themselves a little bit. Unlike Maverick #1 or whatever other name he posts under, I don't have all the time in the world to surf this site. When I log on I want to check to see which threads have been updated and read new information. At least if he had his own topic I could avoid it completely.

And yes, obviously he has a passion for college athletics, which most of us do since we spend time on this site and supporting our beloved Jacks. This is a serious suggestions, but maybe Maverick #1 could check into starting a chatboard for UNO fans. I know there are sites that do free hosting of chatboards. Check out http://www.yabbforum.com/ for information. This site is the basis for our very own chatboard.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopla4u

Sorry, I guess the technicality of someone hosting the website was lost on me. I suppose it matters nothing that the subfolder at the top of the page is South Dakota State.

If some people enjoy reading UNO fan's rants that's fine. But start a new thread. Last time I checked this thread was titled "2004 and 2005 Football Schedules". I expect check this thread for updates on SDSU's football schedules since this is an SDSU based site not to read about UNO fan's take on all things related to hating schools trying to challenge themselves a little bit. Unlike Maverick #1 or whatever other name he posts under, I don't have all the time in the world to surf this site. When I log on I want to check to see which threads have been updated and read new information. At least if he had his own topic I could avoid it completely.

And yes, obviously he has a passion for college athletics, which most of us do since we spend time on this site and supporting our beloved Jacks. This is a serious suggestions, but maybe Maverick #1 could check into starting a chatboard for UNO fans. I know there are sites that do free hosting of chatboards.  Check out http://www.yabbforum.com/ for information. This site is the basis for our very own chatboard.
                Well said, nice perspective hoopla4u. It would be nice if there was some respect for the topic at hand. I think this will improve as people become more familiar with this mode of communication. A certain degree of respect is absolute. I hope we see this in the future.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

To turn this thread back to the proper subject:

Has anyone heard any official word on how the Jacks football schedule is firming up?  Will they get the full GWC round robin scheduled?  

Comment

Haven't heard anything new on the change, last i heard it sounded like we would be playing southern utah sometime in november and would be switching cal poly? to a date earlier in the year. it looks as if we have had much better luck scheduling games than NDSU, which is kinda nice beings all the crap we get about being a basketball school. You would think the process would have went much easier for them, since they are a "perennial powerhouse in D2 football". If you check out bisonville or sioux boards you wouldn't even think SDSU had a football team for how much we get trashed.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Hey Rabbit Living in Vermont, If I were you I would spend less time on this site and go to beautiful Burlington and ski in the winter and enjoy Lake Champlayne (sic) in the summer. Now that is a great place. Being in Vermont am I to assume you may be SDSU's only living Democratic party alumnus. Don't tell your fellow Jack brethren that you will probably be voting for John Kerry this November. Long live the "People's Republic of Vermont"!! One of the most beautiful places in America - of course behind Brookings, SD.
                      By the way I am different from Maverick. Honest. We actually do have 2 big UNO fans.

Comment

That's fine if you are two different people. Hard to believe that there are two UNO fans that share a passion for college athletics. I live in Vermillion--not Vermont. But seriously, consider sharing your passion with the youth of Omaha.

Comment

Oh yeah, congrats to the Jacks for getting a good fb schedule for 2004. If I was a fan of yours (and I am definitely not) I would find your schedule pretty interesting.

Comment

jackrabbit1979...NDSU has put together a pretty solid schedule. Actually, I think a lot of schools have been afraid to play NDSU since the big win at Montana....

Comment

Thank you Wyobison and Jackrabbit79 for talking about our schedule. It is confirmed- we play S. Utah at Cedar City, UT on Nov. 13th. SDSU is still looking for one more home game. I Love our schedule, Our Athletic Dept. did a great job. We can look forward to probably 7 home games in 2005!

Comment

I wonder if the GWC will do some jumbling of schedules to even out the home-away discrepancies that come with forming a new conference. The Jacks travel to 4 GWC schools and get only 1 at home this year. In all likelihood, in 2005 the conference will send State on the road to at least one of the GWC schools they visited in 2004 (or maybe they'll fix it in 2006). They'll need to even out that discrepancy eventually.

Also, it's great news that the Jacks will be able to play Southern Utah. Now that road trip to Georgia won't be counted as a "conference" game.

Comment

Working...
                                X